Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) will release the application form of NMAT in the first week of July 2020 through online mode. Eligible candidates can visit the official website i.e. nmat.org.in. till the first week of October 2020 to fill up the NMAT by GMAC application form.
Before beginning with the NMAT by GMAC 2020 application process, candidates must check the eligibility criteria in order to avoid rejection at any later stage. During the NMAT by GMAC application form submission, candidates will have to follow certain steps like registration, entering personal information in the application form (contact details, education and work experience), declaration and payment of application fees.
The detailed procedure to fill and submit the NMAT by GMAC application 2020 is provided in this article.
NMAT by GMAC Application – Important Dates
Interested candidates can check the important dates related to NMAT by GMAC in the table provided below.
NMAT by GMAC Application Dates 2020
|Availability of NMAT application form||First week of July 2020|
|Last date to register||First week of October 2020|
|Late NMAT registration date||First week of October 2020|
|Deadline for late registration for NMAT||Second week of October 2020|
|NMAT Registration – Retake||First week of October 2020|
|Last date for NMAT registration – retake||Second week of December 2020|
|Start date of NMAT by GMAC||First week of October 2020|
|Last date of NMAT by GMAC||Second week of December 2020|
NMAT by GMAC Application – Who all are eligible for NMAT 2020?
GMAC has prescribed certain basic guidelines to apply for NMAT by GMAC. These are:
- Age Limit: The authorities have not set up any age limit to apply for NMAT by GMAC.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in any stream can apply for GMAC by NMAT.
- Minimum Passing Percentage: Candidates must secure at least 50% a mark in Bachelor’s to sit for the entrance test.
NMAT by GMAC Application – Prerequisites
Before candidates fill the application form of NMAT by GMAC, they must keep the following information and documents ready with them:
- Personal mobile number and email ID
- Marksheets of class 10th, 12th and graduation
- Scanned photograph (as per the size prescribed by GMAC)
- Photo identity proof
- Debit card/credit card/net banking details for online payment
How to fill NMAT by GMAC Application 2020?
To fill the NMIMS Management Aptitude Test by GMAC application form, candidates will have to follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Registration
Step 2: Entering personal information
Step 3: Filling up contact details
Step 4: Filling up educational and work experience details
Step 5: Filling up school preferences
Step 6: Declaration
Step 7: Payment of application fees and scheduling the exam
Detailed procedure to submit NMAT by GMAC Application Form
REGISTRATION: To register for NMAT, candidates will have to follow these steps:
Visit the official website of NMAT – nmat.org.in.
Click on the tab – ‘Register Now’.
Enter your details such as name, mobile number, email ID, exam country, and captcha code.
Now, click on ‘create an account’.
The system will generate a registration number and password that will be sent to your registered email ID and contact number for verification.
The NMAT by GMAC registration landing page will look like this:
In order to proceed to the next step of the application form submission of NMAT, candidates are required to login into the official website at nmat.org.in by using their email ID/mobile number and password.
The login window will look like this:
ENTERING PERSONAL INFORMATION: After logging-in, candidates will have to fill-up the NMAT by GMAC application form as well as upload their photograph in the ‘personal details section’ . These personal details include-
- Date of birth
- Native language
- Parent’s details (Father’s and Mother’s name)
- Photo identity proof
- Signature identity proof
- Special needs for differently-abled candidates (if any)
- Photograph that bears resemblance to candidates & their photo on identity proof
Specifications required to upload photograph:
- The uploaded photo should be in JPG or PNG formats only.
- The size of the photograph should not be more than 1 MB.
- Candidate’s eyes should be clearly visible and open.
- The background should be white or light coloured.
- The photograph should not be older than six months.
FILLING UP CONTACT DETAILS: In this part of the NMAT by GMAC application 2020, candidates will have to enter the following details:
- Mobile number
- Alternate contact number
- Primary email ID
- Alternate email ID
- Name of the country
- Pin code
FILLING UP EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE DETAILS: Candidates will have to enter the following information in this section:
- Highest education level achieved
- Name of the country, college and university from where the course has been completed
- Stream of graduation
- Mode of graduation (full time, distance learning etc)
- Graduation status
- Graduation details
- Work experience details (if any)
FILLING UP SCHOOL PREFERENCES: After filling in the above details, candidates will have to enter their B-school preferences where their NMAT scores will be sent. They can select the business schools from the following countries – India, South Africa, Philippines and Nigeria. A total of 50 choices will be available and candidates can select any five. In case the candidates are willing to add more than five preferences, they will have to pay Rs. 236 (with taxes) for each additional preference.
Also, candidates will have to add additional information like:
- How did they get to know about NMAT by GMAC?
- Is there any other management exam that the candidate is planning to appear for?
- Where would they like to study (candidates can enlist up to three countries)
- How are they financing their course, etc.
DECLARATION: After filling up all the above-mentioned details, candidates will have to read the declaration and click on the box ‘I Agree’. Now, candidates can preview the application form of NMAT, check it thoroughly and proceed to pay the application fees.
PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEES AND SCHEDULING THE EXAM: Candidates will have to pay the application fees of NMAT by GMAC, as prescribed by the exam conducting authority. The payment can be made by using Debit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Card, or via Internet Banking. Check below the table for fee details:
NMAT by GMAC Application – Fees
|Registration Fees (Early)||Rs. 2000 + applicable taxes|
|Registration Fees (Late)||Rs. 2500 + applicable taxes|
|Retake||Rs. 2000 + applicable taxes|
|Reschedule||Rs. 1100 + applicable taxes|
After successfully paying the application fees, the candidate’s have to book their exam slot. They must schedule the exam as per their preference and availability. Once the exam slot is booked, candidates can finally download their NMAT Admit Card.
NMAT by GMAC Application – Retake Registration
As per the exam conducting authorities, candidates can appear for NMAT for a maximum of three times in a year. This will include the first attempt plus a maximum of two retakes. The retake registration option will be enabled on the NMAT dashboard after the candidate’s exam date.
To register for a second or third NMAT attempt, candidates’ just need to click on the ‘Retake’ section and pay the registration fees. There is no need to fill up the details again. It must be noted that candidates will be able to schedule the retake exam date as soon as the option for retake registration and the fee is made available.
NMAT by GMAC Application – Form Correction Facility
The exam conducting body may or may not provide the facility to correct any discrepancies or mistakes in the application form. Hence, the candidates are advised to fill in their details carefully and recheck before submitting the application form.
NMAT by GMAC Application – What after online submission?
Candidates receive their NMAT by GMAC login credentials once they complete their registration. The same login credentials are used to schedule their preferred time slot, date, and centre of examination from the provided options.
NMAT by GMAC Application – Points to Remember
- Candidates must check the eligibility criteria of NMAT by GMAC before filling up the application form in order to avoid rejection at any later stage.
- Candidates don’t have to send the printout of NMAT by GMAC 2020 application form to the exam conducting authorities.
- While uploading the scanned image, candidates must ensure that their photograph is as per the prescribed specifications given in the official notification.
- Before final submission, candidates must go through the NMAT application form carefully, as later, the exam conducting body may not provide any form correction facility.
- Candidates are advised to fill the application form of NMAT much before the deadline to avoid any last-minute hassles or technical problems.
- Candidates must take a printout of the filled-in application form for future references.
NMAT by GMAC Application – FAQs
✔️ What are the modes of fee payment for NMAT by GMAC?
Candidates can pay the application fees of NMAT by GMAC via Credit/Debit Card (Visa MasterCard/American Express), Net Banking, Diners Club, Mobile Wallets and UPI. On the other hand, for rescheduling the test, candidates can pay the fees only via Credit Card.
✔️ Whom should I contact in case of any query regarding NMAT by GMAC application?
You can send an email at GMACprivacy@gmac.com or contact the authorities on 09213027791. The concerned helpline officials of NMAT by GMAC respond to the queries of applicants as soon as possible.
✔️ What can lead to cancellation of the NMAT by GMAC registration?
Candidates must ensure that the information submitted by them during the registration and application form filling process is correct. If any information is found to be incorrect at a later date, GMGC reserves the right to cancel the NMAT by GMAC candidature.
✔️ Can a candidate fill the application form of NMAT by GMAC multiple times?
Candidates can fill the NMAT by GMAC application form only once in a year. Please note that resorting to multiple registrations may lead to a rejection of candidature, sooner or later.
However, aspirants can retake the examination twice with reference to the same registration.
✔️ Where can I check the status of my application of NMAT by GMAC?
Candidates can check the status of their NMAT by GMAC application form a few days after submission on the official website of NMAT by GMAC. The website updates the real-time status of the NMAT by GMAC application form of the candidates. They just need to login to their account and click on ‘Know Application Status’.