With the NEET PG 2021 exam dates announced, the registration process for the exam is expected to start anytime now. As per the recent reports, the NEET PG 2021 registration would most likely begin in the second week of February. Candidates who would like to get admission into MD/MS courses, can apply for the NEET postgraduation exam on the official website – nbe.edu.in.
- As per National Board of Examinations or NBE, only those students who will complete their internship on or before 30 June 2021 will be considered eligible to apply for NEET PG 2021.
- Post graduate medical admissions will be granted to candidates on the basis of 50% All India Quota (AIQ) for NEET PG and 50% State-level Quota which also includes private medical colleges.
- This year, the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) Post Graduation exam will be conducted on 18 April 2021 in CBT or Computer-based Test mode. This was communicated by the NBE in a formal notice dated 14th Jan 2021.
Table of Contents
NEET PG 2021 – Application Fee
The NEET PG 2021 application fee for General or OBC category candidates is Rs. 3,750, and for SC, ST or PwD candidates is Rs. 2,750.
NEET PG 2021 – Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates are required to have an MBBS degree or a Provisional Pass Certificate (recognized as per the provisions of Indian Medical Council Act 1956)
- Candidates must complete their internships on or before 30 June 2021
- Candidates must also have a permanent/provisional registration certificate of MBBS (issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council)
Note: If a candidate is found ineligible at any stage of the admission process, he/she shall not be permitted to appear for the exam or counselling process.
The NEET PG 2021 exam is held annually by the National Board of Examinations or NBE to fill 10,821 MS seats, 19,953 MD seats, and 1,979 PG Diploma seats offered by various medical colleges in India. In 2021, this exam will be conducted in around 162 cities across the country.