National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Examination or NCHMCT JEE is one of the most important national-level entrance exams in India, that is held to offer hospitality and hotel administration programmes. The basic eligibility for this exam is clearing the 10 + 2 or any equivalent examination. With over 11,000 seats available in 71 participating institutes, the NCHMCT exam is crucial for hospitality aspirants and their future ambitions.
This article specifically emphasizes on the core eligibility guidelines which are required for the registration of NCHMCT JEE 2023 exam. As the exam is concerned with hospitality and hotel administration courses, it becomes quite crucial for the students to have decent command over the English language. While this may not be mentioned specifically in the eligibility criteria, aspirants with decent English language skills would certainly hold an upper hand in this highly competitive exam.
Table of Contents
- NCHMCT JEE Exam 2023 Eligibility – Educational Qualifications
- NCHMCT JEE Exam 2023 Eligibility – Age Limit for Various Categories
- NCHMCT JEE Exam 2023 Eligibility – Reservation of Seats as per categories
- NCHMCT JEE Exam 2023 Eligibility – Valid Documents For Reservation
- Q. How many seats are reserved for the SC/ST candidates in NCHMCT JEE 2023 exam?
- Q. What is the upper age limit for candidates appearing for the NCHMCT JEE 2023 exam?
- Q. Is there reservation of seats for OBC candidates with creamy layer certificate?
- Q. Is 10 + 2 from National Open School accepted as an eligibility for the NCHMCT JEE 2023 exam?
NCHMCT JEE Exam 2023 Eligibility – Educational Qualifications
The NCHMCT JEE exam 2023 is specifically concerned with the BSc.HHA (Hospitality and Hotel Administration) course. Hence, students must have completed their 10 + 2 from a recognized board. It is also mandatory for the students to have English as a main subject. Students from any stream (Science, Commerce or Humanities) may apply for the exam.
Other mandatory qualifications required are:
- Candidates who are appearing for their 10+2 qualifying exam in the 2022-23 session may also apply for the NCHMCT exam under certain conditions. These aspirants must submit the proof of passing their 10+2 qualifying exam with English as a main subject at the time of the admissions and counselling. Failing to do so may result in instant rejection.
- Only those students who have completed 12 years of official schooling at a recognised institution are eligible for the exam.
- Aspirants completing their respective 10 + 2 from any public school recognised by the Association of Indian Universities are also eligible. The exam must be equivalent to the 10 + 2 standard of senior secondary education.
- Candidates passing the NCVT and SCVT affiliated HSC vocational examination (Concerned State) are also considered eligible to appear for the exam.
- Candidates passing the senior secondary school examination from the National Open School are also eligible to appear for the NCHMCT JEE exam 2023, provided they have passed with 5 main subjects with English included in it.
NCHMCT JEE Exam 2023 Eligibility – Age Limit for Various Categories
Following is the age limit for various categories of candidates applying for the NCHMCT JEE 2023 exam.
|General and Other Backward Classes||The candidate must be 25 years old.
Candidates born after 1 July 1995 are eligible to apply for the NCHMCT JEE exam 2023.
|Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe||The candidate must be 25 years old.
Candidates born after 1 July 1995 are eligible to apply for the NCHMCT JEE exam.
|Differently-abled person||The upper age limit will be decided as per the caste category of the respective person.|
Note – The date of birth mentioned in the senior secondary board certificate would be accepted. If the candidate fails to submit the pre-requisites at the time of admission or counselling, he/she would be considered ineligible for the same.
NCHMCT JEE Exam 2023 Eligibility – Reservation of Seats as per categories
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||Scheduled Caste – 15% reserved seats, Scheduled Tribe- 7.5% reserved seats (Reservation certificate accepted by central and state government institutes. Reserved seats available in these categories must not be occupied by other categories.|
|Other Backward Class||OBC (with Non Creamy layer certificate) – 27% reservation in central institutes of hotel management. OBC category aspirants with creamy layer certificates would not be eligible for the reservation. The vacant seats left will be made available for the general category candidates (as per the orders of Supreme Court of India).|
|Differently-abled people||5% reserved seats allotted in each category. The governing body of the exam also states that people with disabilities like visual, dyslexia, speech or hearing would be benefitted only if the physical impairment is more than 40%.|
|Reservation for Kashmiri migrants||1 seat each reserved for various categories (General,OBC (Non creamy layer), SC, ST) under central and state government validated IHM institution.|
NCHMCT JEE Exam 2023 Eligibility – Valid Documents For Reservation
The governing body of the NCHMCT JEE 2023 would only accept the caste certificate issued by the competent government authority. Thus, following is a list of certificates which are accepted for reservation in NCHMCT JEE exam.
- SC,ST & OBC category issued by District Magistrate
- SC,ST & OBC category issued by Collector
- SC,ST & OBC category issued by Additional Deputy Commissioner
- SC,ST & OBC category issued by 1st class Stipendiary Magistrate
- SC,ST & OBC category issued by Sub-Divisional Officer (Concerned region)
- SC,ST & OBC category issued by Presidency Magistrate
- SC,ST & OBC category issued by Sub-Divisional Magistrate
- SC,ST & OBC category issued by Secretary to Administrator
- SC,ST & OBC category issued by Deputy Collector
- SC,ST & OBC category issued by Deputy Commissioner
- SC,ST & OBC category issued by City Magistrate
- SC,ST & OBC category issued by Administrator
NCHMCT JEE Eligibility – FAQ’s
Q. How many seats are reserved for the SC/ST candidates in NCHMCT JEE 2023 exam?
There are 15% seats available for the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste(SC) category and 7.5% seats are allotted to the ones belonging to the Scheduled Tribe(ST) category. Reservation certificate for these categories is accepted in central and state government institutes.
Q. What is the upper age limit for candidates appearing for the NCHMCT JEE 2023 exam?
The upper age limit for the NCHMCT jee exam 2023 varies for different categories. For aspirants belonging to the general and OBC categories, the upper age limit is 25 years. The upper age limit for the SC/ST candidates is 28 years. For differently-abled candidates, age relaxation would be reckoned according to the category.
Q. Is there reservation of seats for OBC candidates with creamy layer certificate?
No, there is no reservation of seats for the OBC candidates possessing creamy layer certificate. Although, OBC candidates with Non creamy layer certificate do get almost 27% reservation of seats.
Q. Is 10 + 2 from National Open School accepted as an eligibility for the NCHMCT JEE 2023 exam?
Yes, provided the board of the qualifying exam is recognized by the governing body of the NCHMCT JEE 2023 exam. Also, the candidate must have passed the qualifying exam with 5 main subjects (English included).