The revised result date of the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT 2020) will be soon announced by the ‘Consortium of NLU’ . But before the result date, there are many important events which will take place.
This article sheds light on all the important dates related to CLAT 2020, procedure of filing objections on the provisional CLAT answer key, how to download answer key, how the CLAT scores are calculated and more.
Note– The dates are rescheduled by the Consortium of NLU’s due to the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Important Update – ‘Consortium of NLUs’ recently released a notification on their official website regarding the rescheduling of CLAT 2020. The governing body of the exam has notified that the CLAT 2020 will be conducted on 7th September 2020. The decision is taken by ‘Consortium of NLUs’ with concern to the safety of the students against the Covid 19 Pandemic. CLAT 2020 was previously scheduled to be conducted on 22nd August 2020.
Table of Contents
- CLAT Answer Key – Important Dates
- Procedure to Download CLAT Provisional Answer Key 2020
- CLAT Answer Key – Procedure of Filing Objections On The Provisional CLAT 2020 Answer Key
- CLAT Answer Key – Some crucial advantages of releasing the answer key of CLAT exam
- CLAT Answer Key – How are the CLAT marks calculated?
- CLAT Answer Key – FAQ’s
- Can you file objections on the provisional answer key of CLAT exam?
- What is the time window during which students may file objections on the CLAT 2020 provisional answer key?
- When will the final CLAT 2020 answer key release?
- Can candidates question the final answer key?
- When will the first allotment list for CLAT 2020 start ?
CLAT Answer Key – Important Dates
The provisional answer key will be put forward by the National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi on 8th September 2020 (tentatively), a day after the CLAT 2020 exam. However, this will not be the official release of the final answer key as candidates may question the solutions and put forward their respective objections. Hence, the expert and the officials analyze the flaws and objections and then put forward the final answer key. The filing of objections and amendments in the provisional key will be done for 3 days, and the final answer key will be officialy released in next 2-3 days. It is crucial for students to know that they can solve their queries and file objections only before the release of the final answer key.
|CLAT 2020 Exam Date||7th September 2020|
|Release of Provisional Answer Key||8th September 2020 (expected)|
|Filing of objections on the provisional answer key solutions||9th September 2020 – 11th September 2020 (expected)|
|Release of Final Answer Key||13th September 2020 (expected)|
|Result Day for CLAT 2020||Not Announced Yet|
Procedure to Download CLAT Provisional Answer Key 2020
The governing body of CLAT exam conducts the exam in a set format and hence, the Consortium of NLU’s official website will release a distinct provisional answer key for each of the 4 sets. Candidates may download the relevant answer key for the integrated 5 year programme and graduate programme by following these easy steps:
- Visit the official website of ‘Consortium of NLU’.
- Click on the link mentioning ‘provisional answer keys’ (Will be available after the exam day)
- Click on the concerned answer key code (according to the set)
- PDF files of answer keys for various sets will appear on the screen
- Download the provisional answer key and take the printout.
To know more details on the CLAT exam, refer to the CLAT UG blog here.
CLAT Answer Key – Procedure of Filing Objections On The Provisional CLAT 2020 Answer Key
Candidates may cross check the wrong answers from the provisional answer key and try to evaluate the summary of their respective results. And don’t worry if you experience some reckless ticks on wrong answers. The provisional answer key is by no means the final answer key, which the candidates can’t raise objections on. Students may cross check answers from some highly authentic sources to claim the changes. Eventually, the experts from the governing body check from the most authentic sources and prepare the ‘Final Answer Key’.
Candidates may raise objections on the provisional answer key through following steps:
- Visit the official website of CLAT
- Log in by entering valid registration number and mobile number
- Click on the link mentioning ‘Objections on the Answer Key’
- Click on the Answer key buttons
- Fill complete instructions regarding the objections, authentic proof of claiming objections
- After precisely looking at the final objections, click on the submit button.
CLAT Answer Key – Some crucial advantages of releasing the answer key of CLAT exam
- Self evaluation – CLAT answer key encourages the students to self analyze their performance. Thus, students may rely on the transparency of the CLAT exam.
- Non-biased results – The governing authorities themselves promote a fair conduct of the CLAT exams through “objection filing process”. This makes the candidates realize that the management of the exam is smooth and fair.
- Gives a reality check– Before the announcement of the final results, the final answer key helps the students in setting “realistic goals”. Students themselves get a fair idea of how the cut-offs will be set.
CLAT Answer Key – How are the CLAT marks calculated?
After students cross check the answers from the “Final Answer Key”, they can easily get a fair idea of marks they have scored and eventually realise where they stand in the actual competetion. The best way to evaluate the most accurate predictions is –
Let us suppose, the candidate has answered 120 questions correctly and attempted the remaining 30 wrongly. Then the final score would be- (120 X 1) – (30 X 0.25) = 112.5 (120 – 7.5). If the candidate does not attempt the question, then there will be no negative marking, but it will be marked as a zero.
Some crucial things to know
- Provisional key is not the final answer key; the final answer key will be announced on the 13th September 2020.
- Candidates may file objections on the provisional answer key for only 3 days.
- Students can’t object on the final answer key.
- A deduction of 0.25 marks will be done on every wrong attempt.
To know about how to access and download admit cards, refer to CLAT admit card blog here.
CLAT Answer Key – FAQ’s
Can you file objections on the provisional answer key of CLAT exam?
Yes, appearing candidates can file objections on the provisional answer key. Candidates must sign in through their registration ID and password. Click on the tab mentioning ‘objections on the answer key’. Mention the objections and the authentic source of the answer and finally submit the query.
What is the time window during which students may file objections on the CLAT 2020 provisional answer key?
Students are eligible to file objections on the provisional answer key for two days after the exam. CLAT 2020 exam is scheduled to be conducted on 10th May 2020. Hence, students may file objections on 11th and 12th may 2020.
When will the final CLAT 2020 answer key release?
The final answer key will be released on 18th May 2020. After the experts will solve the queries and objections of the provisional answer key, the final answer key will be released.
Can candidates question the final answer key?
No, candidates can only file objections on the provisional answer key. Once the final answer key is released, candidates cannot file objections in any case.
When will the first allotment list for CLAT 2020 start ?
The first allotment list for CLAT 2020 will commence from the second week of June.