According to the latest update, LSAT India shall be conducted as a Remote Proctored Test (RPT) in order to ensure the adoption of safety measures against COVID-19. The Law School of Admission Council (LSAC) prescribes the LSAT India exam pattern. Candidates having comprehensive knowledge of the exam pattern will be able to prepare a study plan in compliance with the test structure.
As per the LSAT India exam pattern, the online exam will have four sections –
- Analytical Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning (I)
- Logical Reasoning (II)
- Reading Comprehension
The LSAT India question paper will consist of approximately 92 multiple choice questions (MCQs). Candidates need to answer all the MCQs within 2 hours 20 minutes. Candidates shall be given a window of 35 minutes to attempt each section of LSAT India question paper. Read this article to fetch more insightful details about the LSAT India exam pattern.
Table of Contents
- LSAT India Exam Pattern – Highlights
- LSAT India Exam Pattern – FAQs
- ✔️ How many sections shall be there in LSAT India 2020 question paper?
- ✔️ Is there any negative marking in LSAT India?
- ✔️ Will I be able to browse other stuff on my system during the LSAT India test?
- ✔️ Do I need to answer questions from the Variable section in LSAT India?
- ✔️ Can I navigate through sections while taking the LSAT India online?
LSAT India Exam Pattern – Highlights
- LSAT India has shifted from pen and paper mode to online mode owing to safety measures amid COVID-19 pandemic.
- It will be a Remote Proctored Test (RPT) and will be conducted with the help of a webcam attached to the system.
- As per the LSAT India paper structure, the online entrance exam does not have a defined number of questions. However, examinees can expect around 92 questions in the question paper.
- There is no negative marking applicable on LSAT India.
- The ‘Variable’ section will not be a part of the LSAT India question paper anymore due to a shift in the exam mode.
- With elimination of the ‘Variable’ section, the exam duration has also been reduced from 175 minutes to 140 minutes.
LSAT India Exam Pattern – Overview
Candidates can check all the essential information about LSAT India exam pattern with the help of the table below.
LSAT India Exam Pattern 2020
|Mode of the Exam||Online | Remote Proctored Test using AI-enabled technology|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||140 minutes, i.e. 2 hours and 20 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions with one correct option|
|Number of Options||May vary between 4 and 5|
|Number of Questions||~ 92 (Expected)|
|Total Marks||Between 420 and 480|
|Number of Sections||4|
|Marking Scheme||Variable marks for every correct response|
|No negative marks for incorrect responses|
LSAT India Exam Pattern – Section-wise Paper Pattern
LSAT India comprises four sections. Candidates can check the key highlights of all the four sections including the section-wise question weightage and sectional time limit
Section-wise information on LSAT India
|Name of Section||*Number of Questions||Sectional Time Limit|
|Analytical Reasoning||23||35 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning – 1||22||35 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning – 2||23||35 minutes|
|Reading Comprehension||24||35 minutes|
*Although it is a firm prediction that there will be 92 questions in LSAT India, the number of questions may vary in each/any section.
LSAT India Syllabus 2020
LSAC and Pearson VUE will prepare the question paper for LSAT India 2020 to test the abilities of candidates in three different areas. Candidates can check the details mentioned below to acquire insights on LSAT India syllabus.
- Analytical Reasoning – Candidates will be evaluated on their Reasoning Ability from a set of statements and rules describing relationships between people, things, events, etc.
- Logical Reasoning – This section will have questions for testing the critical thinking ability of the candidates. The reasoning skills of candidates will be tested through questions from analogy, applied law principles, flaws in an argument, etc.
- Reading Comprehension – This section will evaluate the reading competency of the candidates.
LSAT India Preparation Tips
Candidates must have a good level of preparation to crack LSAT India. Here are some of the preparation tips that will help in creating a good study plan for LSAT India.
- Increase your reading speed by indulging into a habit of reading books, newspapers, blogs, etc.
- Good vocabulary skills will help the candidates in fetching a decent score in the reading comprehension section
- Practice more and more mock tests to get an enhanced knowledge of the LSAT India exam pattern
- Prepare a study plan after considering the number of days left
- Brush up your data interpretation skills to improve your overall scoring capacity in the Analytical Reasoning section
- Practice the previous years’ question papers to know the type of questions, important topics repeating every year
- Study using the official preparation material and practice the official sample papers
LSAT India Preparation Material
LSAC provides official test preparation material for the applicants via the official website. The preparation material is designed with a deep emphasis on LSAT India exam pattern and syllabus. Find the direct links to get the LSAT India preparation material.
Official LSAT Preparation Material
|Preparation Material||Direct Links|
|Official LSAT—India Prep Test Series||Download here|
|Official LSAT India Sample Papers with explanation||Download here|
|Official telegram channel for LSAT India Preparation||Join Channel|
|The official LSAT SuperPrep by LSAC||Click here to buy on Amazon|
|Click here to buy on Flipkart|
LSAT India Exam Pattern – FAQs
✔️ How many sections shall be there in LSAT India 2020 question paper?
As per the LSAT India exam pattern, Pearson VUE will divide the exam into four sections with questions from three different areas including Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning (I & II) and Reading Comprehension.
✔️ Is there any negative marking in LSAT India?
No. Candidates will get credits for every correct response whereas no marks shall be deducted for incorrect/unattempted responses.
✔️ Will I be able to browse other stuff on my system during the LSAT India test?
No. Candidates will be remotely proctored using AI technology. Hence, examinees will not be able to switch across the tabs. Also, candidates will not be allowed to access any other electronic gadget while taking the test.
✔️ Do I need to answer questions from the Variable section in LSAT India?
No. With a change in the exam mode from offline to Remote Proctored Test, LSAT India will not have questions from the ‘Variable’ section. Also, the duration of the LSAT India has been reduced to 140 minutes, which was 175 minutes earlier.
No. Candidates will not be able to navigate through sections as every section will have a time limit of 35 minutes.