The National Testing Agency (NTA) has reiterated that there will be no further postponement of the JEE Main exam. Hence, the Joint Entrance Exam – JEE Main would be held from September 1 to September 6, 2020 in various shifts.
As per reports, more than 6 lakh candidates have already downloaded their admit cards. In the meanwhile, the NTA has released a detailed SOP (Standard Operating Procedure), underlining the COVID-19 safety plan and exam day guidelines. All candidates are required to follow these SOPs, as mentioned in this document.
In the meanwhile, the government has emphasised that enough measures are in place to ensure the students’ safety, including sanitizing the centres before and after the exams, and providing masks and gloves to the aspirants.
Read further to know all the details about JEE Main COVID-19 Safety Tips and Guidelines by NTA.
To download JEE Main April/September 2020 Admit Card, CLICK HERE.
Also, read JEE Main Admit Card Downloading Instructions below
Table of Contents
- JEE Main 2020 – SOPs and Safety Guidelines to be Followed by the Candidates
- JEE Main Admit Card Downloading Instructions and Exam-Day Guidelines
- JEE Main COVID-19 Safety Tips and Guidelines – At the Time of Entry
- JEE Main COVID-19 Safety Tips and Guidelines – During Examination
- JEE Main COVID-19 Safety Tips and Guidelines – After Examination
- JEE Main 2020 Exam Timings – Morning and Afternoon Shift
JEE Main 2020 – SOPs and Safety Guidelines to be Followed by the Candidates
NTA advises the JEE Main candidates to not bring anything other than the permitted items to the exam hall. However, there shall be an arrangement to store the bags at centres at the owner’s risk.
JEE Main COVID-19 Safety Tips and Guidelines – Pre-Exam Preparation
|IN RELATION TO||GUIDELINES|
|Reporting Time||Candidates must check the reporting or entry time mentioned on their respective admit cards and reach the centre strictly as per the reporting time. This will help maintain social distancing and avoid overcrowding at the centre.|
|Availing Scribe Facility||In case the candidate is accompanied by a scribe, both the candidate and the scribe must bring their own masks.|
|Items allowed inside the venue||
|Items NOT allowed inside the exam hall||
Read More : JEE Main Last Week Preparation Tips – Planning and Execution
JEE Main Admit Card Downloading Instructions and Exam-Day Guidelines
Candidates must visit https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/ to download their JEE Main Admit Cards. Read the instructions mentioned below to know all the guidelines related to JEE Main admit card.
1. The JEE Main admit card has 4 pages. Candidates must download all the four pages –
- Page 1 – Includes the centre details and COVID-19 Self-Declaration (undertaking) form
- Page 2 – Includes important instructions for candidates
- Page 3 & 4 – Includes advisory for candidates regarding COVID-19
2. It is mandatory for the candidates to bring JEE Main 2020 admit card, a valid ID proof and undergo proper frisking at the exam venue. Frisking will be carried out through Handheld Metal Detector (HHMD) without touching the body.
3. If a candidate has to wear a specific clothing as per certain religion/customs, he/she must visit the centre early for thorough checking.
4. Candidates are advised to visit the allotted examination centre one day before the exam to see the arrangements. This will allow them to have a hassle-free exam day experience.
JEE Main COVID-19 Safety Tips and Guidelines – At the Time of Entry
Note: No one shall be denied entry into the exam hall, provided he/she has followed all the COVID-19 directives and instructions mentioned in the admit card properly.
JEE Main COVID-19 Safety Tips and Guidelines – During Examination
|Signing the attendance sheet||Candidates must paste their passport size photos and sign on the attendance sheet after sanitizing their hands with sanitizer.|
|Guidelines for doing rough work||Five A4 sheets will be kept at each candidate’s desk for rough work purposes. Candidates can ask for more rough sheets during the course of the exam, if required.|
JEE Main COVID-19 Safety Tips and Guidelines – After Examination
|Dropping the admit card and rough sheets||It is compulsory for the candidates to drop the admit card and rough sheets in the advised boxes after displaying the same to the staff available next to the drop box.
Please note that if a candidate fails to drop the admit card or rough sheet in boxes, he/she can be disqualified from the exam.
To read NTAs advisory for candidates regarding COVID-19, CLICK HERE
JEE Main 2020 Exam Timings – Morning and Afternoon Shift
Candidates must strictly adhere to the below-mentioned timings as per their shifts. The complete exam day schedule of the JEE Main April/September exam is listed below.
|Details||Morning Shift||Afternoon Shift|
|Exam Timings||9:30 am – 12:30 pm||2:30 pm to 5:30 pm|
|Exam Duration||3 hours||3 hours|
|Exam Centre Entry Time||7:30 am – 8:30 am||12:30 pm – 1:30 pm|
|Exam Hall Entry Time||8:45 am – 9:00 am||1:45 pm to 2:00 pm|
|Checking of JEE Main admit cards||9:00 am – 9:15 am||2:00 pm – 2:15 pm|
|Candidate’s final seating time in the exam hall||9:15 am||2:15 pm|
|Instructions by invigilators||9:15 am – 9:25 am||2:15 pm – 2:25 pm|