New Delhi, 25 January 2022 – The registration window to apply for a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) programme at the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) is now open. Interested candidates can apply online by visiting the respective websites of the IIT they want to get admission in.
A total of nine IITs* offer MBA programmes either through regular (full-time) or distance (online) mode of education. These institutes also focus on Executive MBA programmes, which allow working professionals to attain an MBA degree and get a growth in their careers.
Just like the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), IITs also consider the Common Admission Test (CAT) scores for shortlisting the candidates. Then, these institutes conduct WAT-GD-PI (Written Ability Test–Group Discussion–Personal Interview) rounds for the final selection of candidates.
Currently, MBA admissions at IITs are open. The application process for most of these institutes will end by the month of January 2022, while a few have provided time till February end.
*These nine institutes include IIT Madras, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IIT Roorkee, IIT Guwahati, IIT (ISM) Dhanbad, IIT Kanpur, and IIT Jodhpur.
Table of Contents
IIT MBA Admission 2022 – Selection Criteria
Here is the selection criteria for MBA programmes in IITs:
- CAT Score: A valid CAT score between 99 to 70 cutoff percentile is required for admission at IITs. Both CAT sectional and CAT general cutoff is applicable; however, the cutoff percentile is different for each IIT.
- Academic Profile: IITs consider both engineering and non-engineering candidates, where all aspirants are required to have passed their bachelor’s degree from Engineering/Technology/Science/Architecture/Pharmacy/Accountancy streams. They also need to have scored at least 60 per cent marks in their bachelor’s degree.
- Work Experience: Having work experience is not mandatory; however, candidates with work experience of 1-2 years are preferred.
IIT MBA Admission 2022 – Dates for Registration and Group Discussion–Personal Interview (GD-PI) rounds
|Name of IIT||Date for Application||GD-PI Rounds|
|IIT Bombay||January 7-31, 2022||March 2-6, 2022|
|IIT Delhi||Till January 31, 2022||March 7-13, 2022|
|IIT Kharagpur||Till January 31, 2022||March 4-6; Mar 12-14; and Mar 27-27, 2022|
|IIT Kanpur||Till January 31, 2022||Second week of February 2022|
|IIT Roorkee||Till January 31, 2022||March 5-9, 2022|
|IIT Madras||January 5-31, 2022||First week of March 2022|
|IIT Dhanbad||January 4-31, 2022||Mar 26-31, 2022|
|IIT Guwahati||Till January 31, 2022||March 15-19, 2022|
|IIT Jodhpur||Till February 28, 2022||First week of March 2022|
IIT MBA Admission 2022 – Seats Available
- IIT Delhi – 115
- IIT Kharagpur – 140
- IIT Bombay – 120
- IIT Madras – 68
- IIT Roorkee – 95
- IIT Kanpur – 78
- IIT (ISM) Dhanbad – 62
- IIT Jodhpur – 80
- IIT Guwahati – No information available
IIT MBA Admission 2022 – Average Fee and Salary Package
|IIT||Average Salary Package||Average Fee Structure (approx.)|
|IIT Delhi||INR 18.5 LPA||INR 8 Lakhs|
|IIT Kharagpur||INR 18.44 LPA||INR 9.22 Lakhs|
|IIT Bombay||INR 23.73 – INR 29.46 LPA||INR 8.68 Lakhs|
|IIT Madras||INR 16.66 – INR 21.62 LPA||INR 8 Lakhs|
|IIT Roorkee||INR 17.64 – INR 22.19 LPA||INR 8 Lakhs|
|IIT Kanpur||INR 15.45 – INR 16.86 LPA||INR 4.12 Lakhs|
|IIT (ISM) Dhanbad||INR 10.2 LPA||INR 3.4 Lakhs|
|IIT Jodhpur||No information available*||INR 8 Lakhs|
|IIT Guwahati||No information available||No information available|
*The data given above is curated from the respective websites of the given IITs. If there was no data available, it has been mentioned in the table as “No information available”.
IIT MBA Admission 2022 – How to Apply?
- To apply for IIT MBA admission, candidates first need to qualify the CAT exam.
- Once that is done, aspirants are required to register at the websites of the respective IIT that they want admission in.
- After this, candidates will go through WAT-GD-PI (Written Ability Test–Group Discussion–Personal Interview) rounds.
- Once a candidate qualifies through all of these rounds, he/she will be able to secure a seat in an IIT MBA programme.