New Delhi, 22 October 2021 – IIT Guwahati has launched a BTech programme in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (DSAI). The programme will begin this year in 2021 and take students on a four-year journey where they will learn about data science, machine learning, data analytics, artificial intelligence, and a plethora of programming languages. The course will be an addition to IIT Guwahati’s existing curriculum and will start with a batch of 20 students.
The programme will be offered by the newly established Mehta Family School of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, IIT Guwahati. With both theoretical and practical inclinations, the course is designed to prepare students for the evolving world of AI. While completing the programme, students will also be able to earn a Minor in another discipline of the institute.
BTech in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (DSAI): Curriculum Structure
The program is based on the following five areas: Programming, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, Data Science, Mathematics, and Systems.
Here’s a breakdown of all these areas and what they will be covering:
The program will cover eight major disciplines including, Mechanical, Chemical, Humanities & Social Sciences, Chemistry, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mathematics, and Biosciences & Bioengineering. Apart from these, the course will also have a solid cross-disciplinary foundation that includes Signals, Systems & Networks, and Bioinformatics Data Analytics for Finance.
Five Minor Courses Offered Along With the Programme
IIT Guwahati will also be offering five minor courses through the proposed school of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (DSAI).
These courses are:
- Statistical Foundations for Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Multi-Modal Data Processing & Learning
- Big Data Analytics: Tools & Techniques
How to Apply for the DSAI BTech Programme?
Here’s a 5-step process students can follow to get admitted into the new BTech programme by IIT Guwahati:
- Appear for the JEE (Main) examination: The top performers of JEE Main will be shortlisted to give JEE Advanced.
- Appear for the JEE (Advanced) examination: Appear for the JEE (Advanced) examination through the CBT (Computer Based Test) mode.
- Obtain an All India Rank (AIR): Score a minimum of 10% marks in each of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in both Papers I and II of JEE (Advanced) and get 35% marks in aggregate of the three subjects to be considered for the ranking.
- Select IIT Guwahati through the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) process.
- Select the ‘Data Science and Artificial Intelligence’ programme and complete the registration process to get admitted.
Note: To learn more about the course, please click here.