National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the IIFT entrance test application form in the second week of September 2020. Candidates have to visit the official website (iift.nta.ac.in) to complete the IIFT registration 2021. NTA will accept the IIFT entrance test application 2021 until the first week of November 2020. Candidates aspiring for MBA (International Business) from IIFT must ensure to fill and submit the IIFT application form before the last date.
Candidates have to follow certain steps to submit the IIFT application form successfully. This includes payment of Rs. 2,000 as the application fee (Rs. 1,000 for reserved categories). Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks (45% for reserved categories) to become eligible to fill and submit the IIFT entrance test application form 2021. Read this article in detail to get all the important information related to the IIFT entrance test application form.
Table of Contents
- IIFT Entrance Test Application Form – Important Dates
- IIFT Entrance Test Application Form – Eligibility for IIFT
- IIFT Entrance Test Application – Prerequisites
- IIFT Entrance Test Application – Specifications for Documents
- IIFT Application Fee
- IIFT Entrance Test Application Form – Stages
- IIFT Entrance Test Application – Details to be Entered
- IIFT Entrance Test Application – Stage-wise Process
- IIFT Entrance Test Application Form – Important Guidelines
- IIFT Entrance Test Application – Form Correction Facility
- IIFT Entrance Test Application – For Foreign Nationals
- IIFT Entrance Test Application – Frequently Asked Questions
- ✔️ When will the IIFT entrance test application form 2021 release?
- ✔️ What is the educational qualification required for filling the IIFT entrance test application form?
- ✔️ While making the IIFT application fee payment, the payment from my account was deducted but the transaction failed. What should I do now?
- ✔️ Can I fill the application form for IIFT entrance test in an offline mode?
- ✔️ I am a foreign national. Do I need to fill the IIFT entrance test application form 2021 at NTA for admission?
- ✔️ How can I recover the login credentials for filling the IIFT entrance test application form?
IIFT Entrance Test Application Form – Important Dates
The National Testing Agency will make the window for filling and submitting the IIFT entrance test application form 2021 available for a specified time frame. Candidates can check the event schedule for IIFT entrance test application 2021 in the table below.
Important Dates for IIFT Entrance Test Application 2021
|Events||Important Dates (Expected)|
|Start of IIFT entrance test registration||Second week of September 2020|
|Last Date for submitting IIFT entrance test application form||First week of November 2020|
|Last date for paying application form fee||First week of November 2020|
|Start of IIFT application form correction||First week of November 2020|
|Last date to access form correction window||First week of November 2020|
|IIFT Exam Date||First week of December 2020|
IIFT Entrance Test Application Form – Eligibility for IIFT
Satisfying the eligibility criteria before filling the application form is necessary to avoid rejection of candidature. The eligibility criteria for filling the IIFT entrance test application form 2021 is as follows.
- Educational Qualification – Candidates holding a bachelor’s degree in any discipline are considered eligible
- Minimum Score requirements – Unreserved category candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50% in their graduation. Reserved category candidates (SC/ ST/ PwD) should obtain a minimum of 45%
- Age – There is no age bar applicable to register for IIFT 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Nationals and NRI candidates
- Residentship – Candidates who wish to take admission in IIFT as a foreign national should have been a resident in a foreign country for not less than 18 months. Indian nationals who are residing in a foreign country from a minimum period of 18 months can also avail admission as foreign nationals
- Qualifying Exam – Holding a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% score will mark the candidate eligible for admission
- Admission Criteria – Foreign nationals or NRI candidates are exempted from taking IIFT entrance test. However, they have to produce a valid GMAT score that they must have obtained after January 1, 2021.
Note – Foreign nationals or PIO (Persons of Indian Origin)/OCI (Overseas Citizens of India)/NRI (Non Resident Indians) candidates who appear for any other MBA entrance examinations in India in the same academic year (in which the IIFT entrance test is taking place) are not eligible to apply for IIFT admission. They have to produce an undertaking regarding the same.
Read More : IIFT Entrance Test Eligibility – Qualification, Marks, Age, Reservation
IIFT Entrance Test Application – Prerequisites
Candidates require certain documents and details while filling the IIFT entrance test application form. The list for prerequisites for IIFT entrance test application 2021 is as follows.
- A desktop/laptop with good internet connectivity
- Qualification details of class 12th and graduation/post-graduation level
- Scanned copy of passport size photograph in the prescribed format
- Scanned copy of signature in the prescribed format
- Copies of certificates stating category and/or subcategory in digital format (if applicable)
- A valid email ID and mobile number for future communications
- Bank details/PAYTM wallet details for application fee payment
- A printer connected with the system to print the IIFT entrance test application confirmation page
IIFT Entrance Test Application – Specifications for Documents
Candidates have to upload certain documents while filling the IIFT entrance test application form 2021 in a prescribed format only. Check the various specifications to upload the documents in the table below.
Specifications for Uploading Documents
|Photograph||10 kb – 200 kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Signature||4 kb – 30 kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Category certificate/ Subcategory certificate||50 kb – 300 kb||JPG/JPEG|
ADDITIONAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR UPLOADING DOCUMENTS
Candidates must also religiously follow the document specifications mentioned below:
- Candidates need to upload a scanned copy of all the above-mentioned documents
- Colored or black & white passport size photograph can be uploaded. However, the contrast in the photo must be clear
- The photograph must be taken in a front-facing view
- The background of the photograph must be white or light coloured
- Do not wear any accessories such as a hat/cap, tinted glasses, etc.
- Use a running hand signature
- Signature done in the capital casing is subject to rejection
IIFT Application Fee
Candidates are required to pay a certain amount of fee for the submission of the IIFT entrance test application. Please note that an additional GST of 18% will be included over and above the application fee. The basic application fee for IIFT registration 2021 is as follows:
- Unreserved categories – Rs. 2,000
- Reserved categories – Rs. 1,000
- Foreign nationals/NRI – USD 150
Mode of Payment – Candidates can use net banking, debit/credit card, UPI or Paytm gateway for the payment of IIFT registration fee
Additional Charges and GST using Online Payment Gateway
|Mode of Payment||Additional Charges|
|Net Banking (ICICI Bank)||NIL Charge|
|Net Banking (Other Bank)||Rs. 4 + GST|
|All Debit Card||Transaction up to Rs. 2,000||0 %|
|Transaction above Rs. 2,000||0.5 % + GST|
|Domestic Credit Card||0.4 % of the transaction value|
|International Credit Card||2.35% of the transaction value|
|UPI||Transaction up to Rs 2000/-||0 %|
|Transaction above Rs 2000/-||5.0 % + GST|
Additional Charges and GST using PAYTM Gateway
|Mode of Payment||Additional Charges|
|Net Banking (ICICI Bank)||Rs. 4 + GST|
|All Debit Card||Transaction up to Rs. 2,000||0 %|
|Transaction above Rs. 2,000||0.8 % + GST|
|Domestic Credit Card||0.4% + GST|
|International Credit Card||1.5% + GST|
|UPI||Transaction up to Rs 2,000/-||0 %|
|Transaction above Rs 2,000/-||0.65 % + GST|
|Paytm Wallet||0.8% + GST|
Note: In case the candidates have paid the application fee and the status doesn’t show ‘OK’, it means the transaction was not successful and the money deducted will be refunded back to the payment source. In such a case, candidates can proceed to pay the application fee again.
IIFT Entrance Test Application Form – Stages
Candidates have to complete the IIFT entrance test application form in four stages. Completing all the four stages mentioned below are mandatory for submitting the IIFT registration form successfully.
Stage 1 – Register for the online application form
Stage 2 – Complete the application form
Stage 3 – Upload scanned images
Stage 4 – Pay the application fee
Candidates can complete all the four stages mentioned above in one flow or separately before the last date
IIFT Entrance Test Application – Details to be Entered
While completing the registration form for application or filling the application form, candidates have to enter multiple details. The details to be entered while filing the IIFT entrance test application form is as follows.
Details to be entered in the IIFT Registration Form
- Name of the candidate
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of birth
- ID proof (PAN, Aadhar, passport, voter ID, etc.)
- ID number
- City/ Town/ Village
- State/ Union Territory
- Pin code
- Email ID
- Mobile number
The details entered during registration will be auto-filled once you start filling the application form
Details to be entered in the IIFT Application Form
- State/Union Territory of residence
- PwD (Y/N)
- Place of interview
- Campus preference
- Four test centres (in order of preference)
- Academic details
- Pass status
- Name of examination
- Year of passing
- Marks obtained
- Roll number
IIFT Entrance Test Application – Stage-wise Process
The stage-wise procedure for filling and submitting the IIFT entrance exam application form is as follows
REGISTER FOR ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Step 1 – Visit the official website for IIFT entrance test designed by NTA, i.e. iift.nta.nic.in
Step 2 – Click on the button stating ‘Fill Online application form/registration form’
Step 3 – A login window appears asking for either login credentials or a ‘New Registration’. First-time users must click on ‘New Registration’ button
Step 4 – You will be redirected to a new window with instructions to fill the IIFT application form. Read all the instructions and check the box against ‘I have downloaded the information bulletin’
Step 5 – Click on the button reading ‘Click here to Proceed’
Step 6 – Enter your basic details such as name, date of birth, email ID, mobile number and more to complete the online registration
Step 7 – Create a secure password for future logins
Step 8 – Choose a security question from the dropdown menu and type the answer in the space provided against the same. Security questions help in recovering the forgotten credentials
After completion of the online registration for application, candidates will be able to view their IIFT entrance test application number on the screen. Also, they will receive the application number on their registered mobile number and registered email ID via text message and email
COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM
Step 1 – Click on the button stating ‘Fill application form’ to proceed to fill the application form right away. Candidate can also come back later and login to fill the application form
Step 2 – Fill your details including personal details, test centre preference details, academic qualification and employment details
Step 3 – Click on the red button asking for ‘final submit’ and review the details
Step 4 – Review the details mentioned by marking the checkbox against every detail in the IIFT entrance test application form
UPLOADING OF SCANNED DOCUMENTS
Step 1 – Click on the button ‘Choose File’ against each document
Step 2 – Browse the image from the desired location in the system
Step 3 – Enter the security code
Candidates claiming reserved category benefits need to upload relevant documents for the same.
PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEE
Step 1 – Before making the payment, candidates are given the last opportunity to edit or make modifications in the application form. Click on ‘Edit details’ if you find any error else proceed further
Step 2 – Click on the red button ‘Proceed to pay application fee’
Step 3 – Choose any one payment gateway from the following:
- ICICI Payment Gateway
- PAYTM Payment Gateway
Step 4 – Make the requisite payment of application fee based on the category and mode of the payment
Step 5 – The IIFT entrance test application process is completed. Print the confirmation page for future references
IIFT Entrance Test Application Form – Important Guidelines
- Candidates can complete the stages included in the IIFT entrance test application form altogether or in parts
- Candidates will be able to see the application fee status on the official website of IIFT NTA
- Incomplete steps in the IIFT entrance test application form will lead to the rejection of the form
- Application fee for IIFT entrance test 2021 will be non-refundable in nature. NTA will not entertain any request for refund of the application fee
- All the stages of the IIFT entrance test application form are held in an online mode. Thus, candidates do not need to send the fees or printed copy of confirmation page to NTA via post/fax/in-person/email
- NTA will provide a window for the IIFT entrance test application form correction. However, all the details might not be available for modification
- IIFT registration form for Indian nationals and foreign nationals/NRI will be released separately
IIFT Entrance Test Application – Form Correction Facility
The National Testing Agency enables candidates to correct their mistakes after IIFT application form submission with a correction window. The application form correction facility for IIFT entrance test will be hosted on the official website (iift.nta.nic.in). There will be certain fields that can be modified with the help of correction window.
IIFT Entrance Test Application – For Foreign Nationals
Foreign nationals/NRIs will have to fill the online application form released by NTA to participate in the IIFT admission process. However, the selection criteria for foreign applicants differ and they are assessed on the basis of a valid GMAT score followed by an interview. While filling the application form, foreign candidates have to submit the below mentioned documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Latest GMAT scorecard
- Scanned copy of academic mark-sheets/certificates
- Scanned copy of all Passport pages having official entries
- An undertaking stating that the candidate is not appearing or hasn’t appeared for any other MBA entrance examination in India the current admission session
- Two letters of recommendation*
- Certificate from the Indian Embassy/High Commission/Consulate of the country where the candidate is currently based, stating that the candidate has been a resident in that particular country for a period of not less than 18 months as on 31st December 2020. (for Indian nationals who are living, working, studying abroad)
*Letter of recommendation written by immediate family members such as parents, grandparents, siblings and spouse will not be accepted
IIFT Entrance Test Application – Frequently Asked Questions
✔️ When will the IIFT entrance test application form 2021 release?
The National Testing Agency is expected to commence the IIFT registration process from the second week of September 2020. Candidates will be able to fill the IIFT entrance test application form 2021 until the first week of November 2020. However, the exact schedule for IIFT application form 2021 is yet to be released by NTA.
✔️ What is the educational qualification required for filling the IIFT entrance test application form?
Candidates must have completed their graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. The minimum marks requirements for candidates belonging from unreserved categories is 50% aggregate score in graduation. SC/ST/PwD candidates will get a relaxation of 5% (45%).
✔️ While making the IIFT application fee payment, the payment from my account was deducted but the transaction failed. What should I do now?
If the transaction status does not show ‘OK’, then the candidates can proceed to pay the application fee again. The money deducted for the unsuccessful transaction shall be refunded to the payment source.
✔️ Can I fill the application form for IIFT entrance test in an offline mode?
No. Candidates will only be able to fill the IIFT application form in an online mode. All the steps starting from registration until the fee payment are done in an online mode only. Also, candidates are not required to send the copy of the application form confirmation page by means of post/ fax/ email/ in person.
✔️ I am a foreign national. Do I need to fill the IIFT entrance test application form 2021 at NTA for admission?
Yes. NRI and foreign nationals are also required to complete the IIFT registration. However, such candidates will not have to appear for the IIFT entrance test. Their admission will be based on GMAT scores.
✔️ How can I recover the login credentials for filling the IIFT entrance test application form?
Candidates will be able to recover the login credentials generated at the time of IIFT registration in three ways –
- Using security question and answer
- Using verification code sent at the registered mobile number
- Using a reset link sent at the registered email ID