National Testing Agency (NTA) and Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) collectively define the IIFT entrance test eligibility criteria 2021. Candidates can find the IIFT entrance test eligibility criteria mentioned in the information bulletin which is made available at the official website (iift.nta.nic.in).
Only the aspirants eligible as per the IIFT eligibility norms must fill the IIFT application form 2021. The candidature of ineligible candidates can be rejected at any stage during the IIFT admission process. As per the IIFT entrance test eligibility criteria 2021, Indian nationals as well foreign candidates must possess bachelor’s degree (with 10+2+3 scheme) with 50% total aggregate score (45% for reserved categories).
Apart from the qualifying degrees, IIFT entrance test eligibility criteria consists of multiple variables such as nationality, documental needs, etc. Read this article to fetch the complete information regarding IIFT entrance test eligibility criteria 2021.
Table of Contents
- IIFT Entrance Test Eligibility – Overview
- IIFT Entrance Test Eligibility – FAQs
- ✔️ Who defines the IIFT entrance test eligibility criteria 2021?
- ✔️ What are the educational requirements to be fulfilled for IIFT admission?
- ✔️ Is it mandatory to have work experience for admission in MBA (IB) programme at IIFT?
- ✔️ Can I apply for admission in IIFT even if the graduation result hasn't been released yet?
IIFT Entrance Test Eligibility – Overview
Before proceeding with the complete details, let’s get an overview on IIFT eligibility criteria 2021.
- IIFT entrance test eligibility will include multiple variables as including:
- Qualifying Degree
- Minimum Score in the qualifying exam
- Work Experience
- SC, ST and PwD candidates will have a relaxation in minimum score requirements
- Candidates whose results are yet to be declared can also appear for the IIFT entrance test
- Foreign nationals/NRIs are also eligible to take IIFT entrance test 2021
IIFT Eligibility Criteria – Detailed Analysis
Candidates aspiring for admission in MBA (International Business) at IIFT must go through the IIFT entrance test eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The candidature is subject to rejection if a candidate fails to produce relevant documents justifying his/her eligibility.
Read More : IIFT Entrance Test Schedule – Important Dates and Events
IIFT ENTRANCE TEST ELIGIBILITY 2021 – QUALIFYING EXAMINATION
- Candidates holding a bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognised university/institute are eligible for IIFT entrance test.
- NTA and IIFT have not set any restriction on the discipline for the qualifying degree. Candidates must have graduated in any discipline in a 10+2+3 pattern (10+2+4 in case of engineering/architecture/design students).
- Candidates whose graduation results are yet to be declared can also take the IIFT entrance test. A provisional admission shall be granted to such candidates until they fulfill the documental needs within the stipulated IIFT admission deadline (by the first week of October 2021).
- Admission is subject to cancellation if a candidate fails to attain the minimum specified score. Requests for revaluation will not be entertained.
IIFT ENTRANCE TEST ELIGIBILITY 2021 – MINIMUM MARKS REQUIREMENT
- Candidates belonging to General/OBC/EwS categories are considered as unreserved categories in IIFT. Thus, all the unreserved categories must have a minimum aggregate score of 55% in graduation.
- SC/ST/PwD candidates are given a relaxation of 5% in the minimum score requirements. Such candidates must have a 45% aggregate score in graduation, as per the IIFT entrance test eligibility criteria.
IIFT ENTRANCE TEST ELIGIBILITY 2021 – NATIONALITY
- Candidates belonging to Indian nationality are eligible to apply for IIFT entrance test.
- Foreign nationals/NRIs are also eligible to apply for IIFT admission. However, such categories are exempted from taking the IIFT entrance test. Their admissions will be based on GMAT scores.
- Candidates who have Indian nationality but have been living abroad for the past 18 months or more are also exempted from taking the IIFT entrance test. Such candidates also need to submit their valid GMAT scores.
IIFT ENTRANCE TEST ELIGIBILITY 2021 – AGE CRITERIA AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- NTA and IIFT have set no minimum or maximum age limit to apply for IIFT MBA (IB) admission.
- Candidates having work experience will have a better chance of qualifying in an interview. However, the work experience is not mandatory.
IIFT Entrance Test Eligibility – Foreign Nationals/NRIs
Candidates who are foreign nationals or Non-resident Indians (NRIs) are also eligible to take admission in the campuses of IIFT for pursuing the MBA (IB) programme. Also, candidates falling under the categories of Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) are also eligible. The criteria to be eligible to apply as an international candidate are as follows:
- Candidates having citizenship of a country other than India are eligible for admission as an international candidate
- Candidate must be living outside India for a period of not less than 18 months as on December 31, 2020
- Indians who are living/working/studying in any foreign country for 18 months or more can also apply under such category
- Candidates will be eligible under this category only if they are not in India at the time of the IIFT entrance test. If an international candidate happens to be in India during the IIFT entrance test, he/she must take the entrance examination
- Foreign nationals must possess a valid passport of any country other than India
- Foreign nationals will get admission in IIFT’s MBA (IB) programme on the basis of their GMAT scores and performance in the personal interview
- Candidates who have appeared for any other management entrance test in India in the same academic year such as CAT, IIFT, SNAP, etc. will be marked ineligible under the foreign national category
Indian nationals eligible under the international candidate category will have to produce a certificate issued by Indian Embassy/High Commission/Consulate of the present country stating that the stay of the candidate has exceeded a period of 18 months before December 31, 2020.
Documents to Submit with IIFT Application Form
Foreign nationals and NRIs have to submit certain documents along with filling of the application form to mark themselves eligible for IIFT entrance test. Candidates will have to upload the scanned copies of the following documents:
- CV form
- Latest GMAT scorecard
- Attested copy of academic mark-sheets/certificates from X, XII and Graduation
- Scanned copies of all the pages of the passport
- An undertaking stating that the candidate hasn’t appeared for any management entrance examination in the current admission cycle such as CAT/ XAT/ SNAP/ IIFT, etc.
- Two LORs (Letters of Recommendation) issued by different authorities. One LOR from the current supervisor or manager and another from someone who is in a position to evaluate the applicant’s professional performance, managerial and leadership potential will be given preference.
- Certificate issued by Indian Embassy of the present country stating that the Indian national applying under this category has been a resident of another country for a period of not less than 18 months
IIFT 2020 Reservation Criteria
Candidates who belong to certain categories can claim a reservation in IIFT admission process. In order to avail reservation offered by IIFT, candidates have to present the relevant certificates. The reservation criteria followed at IIFT is as follows.
|Categories||Reservation of seats|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||10%|
|Other Backward Class (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
Each category mentioned above will have a 5% reservation for PwD category candidates.
IIFT Entrance Test Eligibility – PwD Reservation
A candidate can claim benefits under the PwD category if he/she is at least 40% affected by the benchmark disabilities (in case the disability type is not measurable). The categories of disabilities are as follows.
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness,
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (1) to (4)
- Other ‘specified disabilities’ mentioned in the schedule of the RPwD Act 2016.
The facility of Scribe/Reader/Lab Assistant will not be allowed to any person with benchmark disability. However, in case of persons with benchmark disabilities in the category of blindness, locomotor disability and cerebral palsy, the facility of scribe/reader shall be given, if the PwD candidate is willing to avail the same.
- Candidates availing the facility of scribe/reader are provided 20 extra minutes per hour in the IIFT entrance test
- The reservation policy is subject to change if the government makes amendments in the same
IIFT Entrance Test Eligibility – FAQs
✔️ Who defines the IIFT entrance test eligibility criteria 2021?
National Testing Agency and Indian Institute of Foreign Trade will jointly decide the IIFT eligibility criteria for admission in the MBA (IB) programme. The eligibility criteria for foreign as well as Indian nationals will be displayed in the IIFT Information bulletin.
✔️ What are the educational requirements to be fulfilled for IIFT admission?
Candidates will be marked eligible as per the IIFT entrance test eligibility if they have completed a bachelor’s degree in any stream. A minimum of 50% aggregate score is required to be attained by unreserved category candidates (45% for SC/ST/PwD).
✔️ Is it mandatory to have work experience for admission in MBA (IB) programme at IIFT?
No. However, having a work experience will give you an edge over other candidates. Candidates without work experience are also eligible as per IIFT entrance test eligibility 2021.
✔️ Can I apply for admission in IIFT even if the graduation result hasn't been released yet?
Yes, candidates are eligible for a provisional admission at IIFT if their final results of graduation are yet to be released. However, the admission is confirmed only if a candidate qualifies the entire IIFT selection process and submits his/her graduation marksheet before the IIFT admission deadline.