GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) is a national level entrance examination conducted for Pharmacy graduates for admission in M. Pharmacy programs. NTA (National Testing Agency) is likely to release the application form for GPAT 2021 in the 1st week of November 2020 through online mode. The test is conducted for a duration of 3 hours and the GPAT score is valid for 3 academic years. While filling the GPAT application form, candidates are required to enter multiple personal and qualification details in various fields and pay an amount of Rs. 1600(general category males)/Rs. 800(general category females) as the registration fee.
In this article, we will talk about the complete procedure to follow for GPAT application, eligibility criteria, exam dates and more.
GPAT 2021- Important Dates
The expected schedule for GPAT application is tabulated below. We will update the table as and when the NTA releases the latest information about GPAT 2021.
GPAT 2021 Schedule
|Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Release of application form||1st week of November 2020|
|Last date of application form and fee submission||2nd week of December 2020|
|Admit card release date||4th week of December|
|GPAT 2021 exam date||4th week of January 2021|
|Answer Key||1st week of February 2021|
|GPAT Result||2nd week of February 2021|
Table of Contents
- GPAT Application – Who can apply for GPAT 2021?
- GPAT Application 2021– Reservations
- GPAT Application – Important Considerations and Prerequisites
- Details to be entered in GPAT 2021 application form
- Documents required for GPAT registration
- How to fill the GPAT Application Form 2021?
- GPAT 2021 – Application Fee
- GPAT Application Form Correction
- GPAT Application – FAQs
- ✔️ Is there any age limit for appearing for the GPAT exam?
- ✔️ Can I change my category after the last date of GPAT application form?
- ✔️ When will the GPAT 2021 admit card be released?
- ✔️ If the GPAT application fee is paid and status is not OK, what can we do?
- ✔️ How many questions will be asked in the GPAT 2021 exam?
GPAT Application – Who can apply for GPAT 2021?
The eligibility standards for GPAT 2021 are set by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Candidates appearing for the exam must abide by all the criteria. Factors like the candidate’s nationality, education in the pharmacy field are considered. Any false or misleading information in the GPAT registration 2021 might lead to the cancellation of the candidate’s admission process.
- Nationality: It is necessary to be a citizen of India to be eligible for GPAT 2021
- Age limit: There is no age limit for appearing in GPAT 2021.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates who have completed their graduation in B. Pharm can apply for GPAT 2021. It is mandatory to have a 4 year B. Pharmacy degree after having completed 10+2 from a recognized institution. Also, final year B. Pharmacy students, whose result will be announced before the admission for 2020-21 commences, can also apply.
Note: Candidates who have a B. Tech. degree in Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Technology are not eligible to apply for GPAT 2021.
GPAT Application 2021– Reservations
All the participating institutes of GPAT follow their own reservation policies for admission. It is recommended that candidates must check the reservation policies of the institute they are interested in joining.
If the institute is run by the central government, following set of rules are followed:
|GEN – EWS||10%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|OBC – NCL||27%|
|PwD candidate||5% horizontal reservation in each category|
(RPwD Act 2016)
GPAT Application – Important Considerations and Prerequisites
Some important details to consider before applying got GPAT 2021 are:
- GPAT application form can only be submitted through online mode at gpat.nta.nic.in
- GPAT application form 2021 will be available from 1st November 2020.
- Final date of submission of the GPAT application form is expected to fall in the last week of November 2020.
- Multiple application forms from a candidate will not be accepted.
- Candidates are advised to fill the required details completely. Incomplete/incorrect application will result in rejection. Also, check your browser setting and turn off the auto-fill option if it is activated.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- Ensure a high speed stable internet connection before you start with the GPAT application process. Also, candidates must have a basic know-how of computers.
- After the filling of the application form and paying the application fee, candidates must take at least 4 printouts of the confirmation page.
Note: No correction can be made after submitting the GPAT application form. Make sure to read all the instructions thoroughly and fill the details carefully.
Details to be entered in GPAT 2021 application form
The below-mentioned list includes all the details that have to be filled by the candidates in GPAT 2021 application form. The GPAT application will not be accepted if the candidate misses out any of the following details.
- Name of the candidate
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of birth
- Identity type
- Identification number
- Whether under PwD category or not
- Pin code
- E-mail ID
- Contact number
- Security question
Academic Details (10th, 12th, Graduation)
- Passing status
- Name of examination
- Name of the board/university
- Year of passing
- Result mode
- Marks details
- Roll number
Note: It is mandatory to fill in all the fields in the GPAT application form that have an asterisk (*) marked against them.
Documents required for GPAT registration
Keep the following documents and details handy while filling the application form for GPAT :
- Scanned image of candidate’s photograph (10 – 200 KB in JPG/JPEG format)
- Scanned image of signature (4KB – 30KB in JPG/JPEG format)
- Qualification details
- Details of debit card/credit card/net banking
- A valid e-mail ID
- A valid contact number (for information via SMS)
Image specifications for GPAT Application Form
- The candidates need to upload the images in the jpg/jpeg format
- The photograph must be captured by a professional with a light background
- The photograph must not be older than 3 months and should be front facing
- Candidates need to upload a scanned photograph in the size of 10 KB to 200 KB
- Candidates need to upload a scanned signature in the size of 4KB to 30 KB
How to fill the GPAT Application Form 2021?
Once a candidate is ready with all the details and documents required for GPAT application, he/she must proceed with the registration process. The steps to register for GPAT 2021 are as follows:
Step 1 – Visit the official website of GPAT – gpat.nta.ac.in and click on “New Registration”
Step 2 – Next, a page shall appear having the instructions to fill the form properly. Read the instructions and click on the ‘I Agree’ button at the end of the page.
Step 3 – Enter your personal details, contact information, email ID, valid ID proof number, date of birth, etc. Then, create a password, choose a security question and answer the same. Finally, write down the captcha code and hit the ‘Submit’ button
Step 4 – A preview page will be generated wherein the candidates can verify the details they’ve entered so far. After checking all the filled-in details carefully, verify and click on the ‘I Agree’ button at the end of the page. Candidates can also click on the ‘Edit Registration Form’ button if they wish to make any changes.
Step 5 – A new window will appear showing a unique 12 digit application number. This application number shall also be sent on the candidates email ID and phone number. Now, click on the ‘Complete Application form’ button.
Step 6 – Next, fill the remaining application form with nationality, category, and academic details and click on the ‘submit’ button.
Step 7 – Then, upload the scanned images of photograph and signature (as per the image specifications mentioned in the article above).
Step 8 – After uploading the photograph and signature, proceed with paying the application fee. Choose the desired mode of payment (Net banking/Credit card/Debit card/e-challan).
Read how to pay the GPAT application fee using e-challan in this article below.
Step 10 – After payment, print the confirmation page for further use.
Step 11 – Finally, select the examination city for GPAT 2021 as per your preference.
GPAT 2021 – Application Fee
The category-wise and gender-wise GPAT application fee is as follows:
|Category||Application Fee for Boys||Application Fee for Girls|
|GENERAL||Rs. 1600/-||Rs. 800/-|
|OBC/NCL||Rs. 1600/-||Rs. 800/-|
|SC/ST/PWD||Rs. 800/-||Rs. 800/-|
|Transgender||Rs. 800/-||Rs. 800/-|
GPAT Application Fee Payment Options
The online and offline options provided for payment of GPAT application fees are:
|Debit/Credit/Net banking||SBI Bank |
How to pay GPAT 2021 application fee using e-challan?
If one chooses to pay the GPAT application fee using e-challan, he/she has to follow the mentioned steps:
- Print the e-challan
- Locate the nearest SBI branch and deposit the application fee with the e-challan
- Save the receipt with the transaction ID
- Now, go to the official website nta.ac.in
- Enter login credentials and payment status
- Finally, print the confirmation page
GPAT Application Form Correction
Candidates filling the application form will not be provided with any facility for making corrections in the application form once it is submitted. Therefore, it is advised to check all the details thoroughly before the final submission of the GPAT application form.
GPAT Application – FAQs
✔️ Is there any age limit for appearing for the GPAT exam?
There is no age restriction for appearing for the GPAT exam. However, the candidate must be a citizen of India.
✔️ Can I change my category after the last date of GPAT application form?
No, you cannot make any changes in your category details after the last date of GPAT 2021 application form submission.
✔️ When will the GPAT 2021 admit card be released?
The GPAT 2021 admit card will be issued by the NTA (National Testing Agency) through online mode in the 4th week of December 2020.
✔️ If the GPAT application fee is paid and status is not OK, what can we do?
If the GPAT application fee is paid through credit/debit card and status is not OK, that means the transaction is cancelled and the amount will automatically get refunded in the concerned credit/debit account within 15 days.
✔️ How many questions will be asked in the GPAT 2021 exam?
There will be a total of 125 questions in the GPAT 2021 exam. Candidates will be given three hours to answer the questions. The exam will be held in online mode.