The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur will start the online registration process for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) on September 2. The application form link will be LIVE on the official website (gate.iitkgp.ac.in.) till September 24. Candidates interested in appearing for GATE 2022 can check their eligibility and apply on or before the aforementioned deadline.
- Candidates who miss the GATE 2022 application deadline can apply with late fees between September 25 and October 1, 2021.
- Students pursuing their bachelor’s course and final year of the course are eligible to apply for GATE 2022.
How to Apply for GATE 2022?
Step 1 – Visit the official website
Step 2 – Click on the GATE 2022 Online Application – ‘Apply Online’ tab
Step 3 – Fill in your name, mobile number, and email ID and submit to complete the registration process
Step 4 – Next, the GATE application form 2022 will be displayed on the screen. Fill in personal, education, work experience, and communication related details.
Step 5 – Upload all the required documents and pay the application fee using any of online payment gateways
Step 6 – Check all the information before the final submission
Step 7 – Save and take a print out of GATE application form 2022
Note: The GATE 2022 application correction window will open from November 1, 2021 to November 12, 2021. Candidates who need to make changes, like adding a second paper, modify gender, category, exam city or exam paper, may do so during this period.
GATE 2022 – Two New Papers Added by IIT Kharagpur
IIT Kharagpur has added two new papers in GATE 2022 –
- Naval and Marine Engineering (NM)
- Geomatics Engineering (GE)
As per the official website – “The two new papers (GE and NM) will provide direct benefits to graduates in these two areas, especially when the country needs human resources with advanced capabilities in Ship Building Industries and Geo-informatics.”
Geomatics Engineering (GE)
1. The GE paper shall contain the General Aptitude (GA) section of 15 marks, as applicable for all papers of GATE 2022.
2. Rest of the paper shall consist of 2 parts:
- Part A of 55 marks (compulsory for all the candidates)
- Part B of 30 marks
(Containing 2 optional sections: Section I and Section II. No separate score and ranking will be provided based on selection of sections.)
Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NM)
- The NM paper shall contain General Aptitude (GA) section of 15 marks, as applicable for all papers of GATE 2022
- Rest of the paper will be of 85 marks