Common Management Aptitude Test or CMAT is a national level MCQ-type test organized by the National Testing Agency. This computer-based test serves as a gateway for more than 800 participating institutes in India for admission in MBA and PGDM courses. The participating institutes will accept the CMAT score as the parameter of eligibility. Once candidates receive their test scores, they have to apply separately for the desired CMAT 2021 participating institutes. Each institute will release the cut-off CMAT scores which candidates should achieve in order to secure admission.
In this article, we will discuss CMAT Schedule 2021and exam dates.
Effects of Covid-19 on CMAT and other Management Entrance Exams
Covid-19 has struck the world and has caused a near-halt across the globe. As social distancing is the only tool to fight this pandemic, many educational institutions and universities are also affected by it. Management exams like Common Admission Test (CAT), Management Aptitude Test (MAT), and even the CMAT were conducted in January and hence, were unaffected by this emergency. However, it seems like the admission cycle for the B-schools will be delayed.
The CMAT 2021 exam date, on the other hand, is tentatively scheduled in January 2021 and it’s unlikely that they will be affected by the current situation.
Table of Contents
- CMAT Schedule
- CMAT 2021: All Important dates
- CMAT Exam Dates – FAQs
CMAT is a once yearly examination and takes place early in the year. As per the tentative schedule for the coming session, -the application process will start in the first week of November 2021. The application dates will keep open until the second week of December 2021. This is also the same time till when students can submit their registration fee. After this time, no fee will be accepted and admit cards will not be issued. The registration process also asks students to submit their personal and academic details with uploaded documents.
To know about CMAT eligibility in detail, read the blog here.
CMAT 2021: All Important dates
The exact dates for CMAT 2021 are yet not revealed but it is expected that the dates will be on the current pattern only.
- Online Submission of Application form: The online submission of application form will be done from the official website https://cmat.nta.nic.in/. The applications will open from 1st November 2020 and will close on 30th November 2020 at 11:50 pm.
- Date for final fee transaction: The fee for the CMAT 2021 is to be paid via Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking/UPI/PayTM service up till 11:50 p.m on the last fee submission date. The payment gateways will open from 1st November 2020 to 30th November 2020.
- Date for choice of exam city: The choice for the desired city for the centre can be made from 1st November 2020 to 2nd December 2020 latest by 11:50 pm.
- Date of examination: The tentative date of examination will be in the last week of January 2021.
- Timing of examination: The exam is 3-hours-long and will be conducted from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm. Candidates are expected to arrive at the test centres at least 2 hours before the test starts i.e at 7:30 am.
- Admit cards: Admit cards can be downloaded and printed from the official CMAT website in the last week of December 2020.
- Display of answer keys on website: The answer key of the CMAT 2021 will be available to download at the website in the first week of February. The final date will be mentioned on the website.
- Declaration of results: The results for the CMAT 2021 are likely to come out in the first week of February 2021.
CMAT Exam Dates – FAQs
Q. How many times can we take the CMAT exam in the year?
Since 2016, CMAT takes place once a year, usually in the month of November. Before 2016, it used to take place twice in a year.
Q. Can the CMAT exam be postponed or preponed by the candidate?
CMAT takes place at all centres at the same time, on the same day. Hence, there is no option of preponing or postponing the test. Once the centre is chosen by the candidates, it can not be changed as well.
Q. What are some tips for the CMAT 2021 dates for applications?
Like any other exam, it is better to apply for the test as soon as the CMAT applications are open. This will also help the candidates get the centre of their choice, as the seats are allotted on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Q. How much time is needed to prepare for CMAT?
3 – 4 months of sincere preparation can help you achieve a top rank in CMAT, provided you follow a set strategy and focus on solving questions and taking mock tests.
Q. How can I choose a test city to ensure a seat for CMAT?
CMAT in India will be held in the first week of January 2021. You can select up to 3 cities in India giving order of preference towards your test city. The first choice of city will be given due consideration and weightage. However, actual allotment as per order of choice will be subject to availability of the slot in that particular city. The seats are allotted on the first-come-first serve basis. To ensure a seat in your desired city apply as early as possible and pay as soon as your registration is complete.