IBPS PO 2020 application is scheduled to be released in the month of August 2020. Due to the outbreak of coronavirus, many exams and interviews have been cancelled or postponed. IBPS PO (VIII) 2018 result of provisional allotment under reserve list has too been delayed due to the same reason.
Before applying for this exam, through which probationary officers are recruited in reputed banks of India, candidates must check the eligibility criteria. IBPS PO 2020 preliminary exam is scheduled to be conducted on October 3, 4 and 10. The mains exam will be conducted on November 28, 2020.
IBPS PO 2019 exam was held last year and the mains scorecard was released for candidates who qualified the mains exam. They were allowed to download the scorecard until March 31, 2020, from the official website by logging in with registration number details. The interviews for the selected candidates from IBPS PO Main exam were held from Jan 12 – Feb 5, 2020. The result has been delayed for IBPS PO/MT-VIII, IBPS Clerk-VIII and IBPS SO-VIII. Moreover, provisional allotment that was previously scheduled to be declared in April is postponed.
IBPS PO 2019 exams were held to recruit 4336 vacancies for banking posts.
IBPS PO 2019 Exam Updates
|Declaration of IBPS PO 2019 mains result||January 2, 2020|
|Release of IBPS PO 2019 mains scorecard||January 9, 2020|
|Release of iBPS PO 2019 mains scorecard||March 17, 2020|
|Interview for IBPS PO 2019 mains qualified candidates||January / February 2020|
|Provisional Allotment of IBPS PO 2019 Recruiting Exam||April 2020 (delayed due to coronavirus outbreak)|
In this article, you will get familiar with the documents required to fill an application form online, application/registration process on the website of IBPS, photograph and signature specifications, uploading of documents and submitting forms. You will also get to read briefly about IBPS PO admit cards and other details.
Table of Contents
- IBPS PO Registration – Prerequisites for online application
- IBPS PO Registration – Key Dates
- IBPS PO Registration – Eligibility criteria
- IBPS PO Registration – How to apply for the IBPS PO Exam?
- IBPS PO Registration – Brief details on Admit Card
- IBPS PO Registration – FAQs
- Q. Does one need to enter aadhar card details in the IBPS PO application form?
- Q. Can you pause and fill the IBPS PO application form at a later date?
- Q. Is it possible to pay IBPS PO application fees through a mobile wallet?
- Q. At how many places is the IBPS PO exam going to be held?
- Q. What if you are not able to upload the photograph and signature during the IBPS PO application process?
- Q. Can one change the details filled out in the application form after the final submission of it online?
IBPS PO Registration – Prerequisites for online application
Applicants should have the following documents in hand before starting the application process –
- Scanned photograph and signature
- Left thumb impression
- Handwritten declaration
- Bank details for paying application fees
- Marksheet of graduation degree for educational details
- A valid email ID and contact number
IBPS PO Registration – Key Dates
In the event of a deadly virus outbreak, the results of IBPS PO 2018 main exam for reserve list have been delayed. IBPS PO 2019 interviews have been postponed.
In this table, we have tentative dates of the IBPS PO 2020 exam. This may be affected as well if the coronavirus outbreak gets prolonged further.
|IBPS PO Notifications||Key Dates|
|Release of application form||August 2020|
|Last date to apply||August 2020|
|Correction in application||August 2020|
|Fee payment||August 2020|
|Last date to print the application form||September 2020|
|Prelims admit card availability||September 2020|
|Mains exam date||28-Nov-2020|
|Admit card for Main Exam||October 2020|
IBPS PO Registration – Eligibility criteria
Candidates should fulfill the following eligibility criteria to apply for IBPS PO exam:
- Age of candidates should be between 20 to 30 years.
- Any graduate candidates can apply for the exam
To know everything about IBPS Exam, read the blog IBPS PO here.
IBPS PO Registration – How to apply for the IBPS PO Exam?
To apply for IBPS PO exam, follow the steps below:
- First, visit the official website of IBPS and check for the new registration link
- Click the link “New Registration” and proceed further
- You need to the following details – Name, phone number, email id and a security code to move to the next step
- When you have successfully registered, a provisional registration number and password gets generated.
- This ID is also sent to your registered email ID along with a password.
The login with the created registration ID and upload photo and signature.
|Photograph||Signature, Left thumb, and handwritten declaration|
|A passport size coloured picture||Signature
|Dimension should be 200 x 230 pixels||Left thumb impression:
|File size between 20 kb to 50 kb||Handwritten declaration:
In the next step, fill in the following fields –
- Basic details
In the basic details, fill out your name, category, nationality, exam centre details, gender, parents details, home address etc. In education, enter details of your graduation such as year of passing, college, marks and grades. They are also required to fill in work experience details. Then, you also have to fill out the preferences of banks where you wish to work upon selection. The reserve SC/ST/Minority candidates can opt for pre-exam training in this section.
Once you preview the application at this point, you can proceed to the payment page. SC/ST candidates will need to pay INR 600 for the application and general applicants have to pay INR 600 as application fee.
Application form is integrated with the payment gateways. You need to follow the steps below for making IBPS PO exam fee payment
- Payments can be made by using Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS etc.
- When you have completed the transaction, an e-receipt will be generated.
- Printout of the e-receipt and online application form containing these details.
IBPS PO Registration – Brief details on Admit Card
Once you register for the exam, you will be asked to wait for the admit card to be released. Once that is released on the official website of IBPS, you have to follow the instructions to download it. Admit card is scheduled to be released in September for IBPS PO 2020 exam. Here are the steps to download the admit card:
- One needs to visit the official website of IBPS
- Click on the link ‘IBPS PO admit card’ on the homepage
- Enter the login credentials such as registration number or roll number, date of birth or password
- IBPS PO admit card 2019 for exam appears on the screen. You can download the admit card and take its printout
IBPS PO Registration – FAQs
Q. Does one need to enter aadhar card details in the IBPS PO application form?
No, aadhar details are not mandatory to submit in the IBPS PO exam application form.
Q. Can you pause and fill the IBPS PO application form at a later date?
Yes, you can save your progress and fill it out later, but you need to fill the application before the deadline.
Q. Is it possible to pay IBPS PO application fees through a mobile wallet?
Yes, you can pay via mobile wallet apps as prescribed in the advertisements.
Q. At how many places is the IBPS PO exam going to be held?
The prelims will be held at 200 centres across India and 100 centres are assigned for holding the mains exam.
Q. What if you are not able to upload the photograph and signature during the IBPS PO application process?
You have to adhere to the specifications as there is no other way to upload the documents during the IBPS PO application process.
Q. Can one change the details filled out in the application form after the final submission of it online?
No, make sure to fill the application with correct details in each section and fields. You will not be allowed to make changes once submitted.