New Delhi, 25 October 2021 – The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) will be conducting ICSE, ISC board Term-1 exams 2021-22 in the offline mode. Students will have to visit their respective schools to attempt first-term exams. The revised time table for the exams has also been released on CISCE’s official site.
Earlier, CISCE postponed Term-1 exams and hinted that it will be carrying them out entirely in the online mode. However, many parents, school heads, and students contacted the board with the request to conduct offline exams, citing reasons like the non-availability of devices, network and bandwidth issues, and irregular power supply.
The official circular by Gerry Arathoon, the chief executive and secretary of CISCE, stated, “The CISCE being a student friendly board, after much deliberation has thus decided to conduct the ICSE & ISC Semester 1 Examinations in the offline mode. These examinations will be conducted in the candidates’ respective schools. All candidates will be required to report to their school, as per the scheduled examination dates. Detailed guidelines for the conduct of the Semester 1 Examination will be shared with the conveners and the heads of schools shortly.”
Note: Students can view the entire circular, which also has the time table for both ICSE (Class 10) and ISC (Class 12) exams, here.
CISCE Revised Time Table – Main Points
- Class 10 exams will begin on 29 November with ‘English Language – English Paper 1’ and end on 16 December with ‘Environment Science (Group II Elective)’.
- All exams for Class 10 will begin at 11 AM and range from 1 to 1.5 hours in duration.
- Class 12 exams will begin on 22 November with ‘English – Paper 2 (Literature in English)’ and end on 20 December with ‘Accounts’.
- All exams for Class 12 will begin at 2 PM and have a fixed duration of 1.5 hours.
- Students will be given 10 minutes for reading the question paper, which will be made available 10 minutes before the exam’s commencement time.