New Delhi, 20 October 2021 – The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) has decided to postpone Semester/Term 1 exams of Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Schools (ICSE) 10th and (Indian School Certificate) ISC 12th for the 2021-22 session. The reason for the postponement is not known but the board has made it clear that whenever the exams will be held, they will be conducted online to ensure COVID preventive protocols.
According to the earlier time table, the Class 10 (ICSE) first-semester exam was scheduled from November 15 to December 6, 2021 while the Class 12 (ISC) exam was to be conducted from November 15 to December 16, 2021. Earlier this year, the CISCE board had cancelled both ICSE and ISC board exams due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
CISCE Online Exam Format – Details
- Semester examinations will be held twice instead of an annual Class 10/12 board exam.
- Students will have to attempt 100% multiple choice questions (MCQs).
- Candidates will have the choice to take the exam using laptops, desktops, tablets or smartphones, which should have a camera and a microphone
- Schools have to mention the name of every registered candidate and the kind of device he or she would use.
- One proctor will monitor 25 students each online and the students will be expected to sit throughout the exam, while keeping their video mode on.
CISCE Online Exam – Benefits
- The online mode exam aims to prepare the students for competitive exams.
- The objective-type pattern also intends to raise the difficulty level of the exam to improve the efficiency and knowledge depth of the students.
For more CISCE and other education related news, please visit Buddy4Study.