New Delhi, 11 August 2021 – The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released the date sheets of Class 10 and 12’s Improvement, Compartment, Private and Patrachar exams on Tuesday evening, 10th August 2021. The improvement exams for both the classes (10 and 12) are scheduled to begin from 25th August 2021 and conclude on 15th September 2021.
With the release of these date sheets, CBSE also announced that this optional examination will be conducted only for 19 subjects for Class 12 students, and 8 subjects for Class 10 students.
Table of Contents
CBSE Class 10, 12 – Who Can Appear For Improvement Exam?
CBSE has shared the list of eligibility criteria for the candidates who can appear for the improvement exams. Only those students will be deemed fit to sit for this optional or compartment examination whose results were declared on 30th July (Class 12) and 3rd August 2021 (Class 10) respectively, and fall under the below-mentioned categories:
- Not satisfied with the assessment – Students who have been declared passed as per the new tabulation policy but are not satisfied with the marks.
- Non-Computable Cases – Students whose results could not be prepared as per the tabulation policy, i.e., regular candidates of improvement category.
- Compartment – Students who did not meet the qualifying criteria in 1 or 2 subjects and were placed in compartment category in Classes 10 and 12 respectively.
- 1 uncleared main subject – Students who have appeared in 6 subjects as regular candidates and declared as pass but could not clear any one subject out of the 6.
CBSE Class 10 Date Sheet 2021
|Information Technology||402||25th August 2021 (Wednesday)||10:30 AM – 12:30 PM|
|English Language and Literature||184||27th August 2021 (Friday)||10:30 AM – 1:30 PM|
|Social Science||187||31st August 2021 (Tuesday)|
|Hindi Course A||002||2nd September 2021 (Thursday)|
|Hindi Course A||085|
|Home Science||064||3rd September 2021 (Friday)|
|Science||086||4th September 2021 (Saturday)|
|Computer Applications||165||7th September 2021 (Tuesday)||10:30 AM – 12:30 PM|
|Mathematics – Basic||241||8th September 2021 (Wednesday)||10:30 AM – 1:30 PM|
|Mathematics – Standard||041|
- Regular candidates would be required to contact their respective schools to register themselves for this exam.
- CBSE has instructed the schools to submit the list of students who want to appear for the optional examination. Only the schools will have the authority to submit the names of students.
- No provisions will be made for students to apply online.
- The links to upload the list of students will open between 11th August and 15th August 2021.
CBSE Class 12 Date Sheet 2021
|English Core||301||25th August 2021 (Wednesday)||10:30 AM – 1:30 PM|
|Business Studies||054||26th August 2021 (Thursday)|
|Political Science||028||27th August 2021 (Friday)|
|Physical Education||048||28th August 2021 (Saturday)|
|Accountancy||055||31st August 2021 (Tuesday)|
|Economics||030||1st September 2021 (Wednesday)|
|Sociology||039||2nd September 2021 (Thursday)|
|Chemistry||043||3rd September 2021 (Friday)|
|Psychology||037||4th September 2021 (Saturday)|
|Biology||044||6th September 2021 (Monday)|
|Hindi – Elective||002||7th September 2021 (Tuesday)|
|Hindi – Core||302|
|Information Practices||065||8th September 2021 (Wednesday)|
|Physics||042||9th September 2021 (Thursday)|
|Geography||029||11th September 2021 (Saturday)|
|Mathematics||041||13th September 2021 (Monday)|
|History||027||14th September 2021 (Tuesday)|
|Home Science||064||15th September 2021 (Wednesday)|
CBSE Class 10, 12 – Latest Update
- Schools will be informed about the admit card download date.
- The board will ensure that the exams would be conducted in the designated centres under strict COVID-19 protocols.
- Private candidates (regular CBSE students earlier, who failed to qualify in the first or second attempt or want to appear for the board exam again to improve their marks or appear for the exam in an additional subject), who had registered to appear for the Class 10 or 12 final exam will be allowed to appear in the optional exam.
- Even the private candidates in the failure category can register with the improvement candidates this year. Besides, private candidates in the second compartment for the years 2019 and 2020 can also appear in the offline exams.
Currently, a minimum of 30% of the total registered students are expected to appear for the CBSE 10th and 12th offline optional exam 2021.