New Delhi, 13 August 2021 – The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the UGC NET 2021 exam from 6th to 11th October 2021. The agency has also re-opened its online application window for the UGC NET exam 2021. Candidates who missed their chance of registering for the UGC NET exam 2021 can do it now by applying at www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in. The online registration window will remain open till 5th September 2021.
NTA will conduct the UGC NET exam 2021 in two shifts:
- Shift 1 – 9:00 AM to 12 Noon
- Shift 2 – 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Table of Contents
UGC NET 2021 – Important Dates
|Online registration and submission of UGC NET application form||5th September 2021|
|Last date to submit the UGC NET application fee||6th September 2021|
|Opening date of Correction Window||7th September 2021|
|Closing date of Correction Window||12th September 2021|
|Download date of UGC NET Admit Card 2021||To be Announced|
|Date of UGC NET examination 2021||6th October to 11th October 2021|
UGC NET 2021 – Why Was the Application Portal Reopened?
The postponement of the UGC-NET December 2020 exam due to COVID-19 delayed the schedule of the UGC NET June 2021 exam. So, to regularize the UGC-NET examination cycle, NTA with the concurrence of UGC, decided to merge both December 2020 and June 2021 UGC-NET cycles and conduct them together in CBT mode.
This was the main reason for reopening the application portal, thereby providing the new applicants the chance of filling in and submitting their forms.
How to Apply for UGC NET 2021?
The candidates who wish to appear for the UGC NET exam 2021 must follow the below-mentioned steps to apply for this exam:
1. Visit the official website of NTA
2. Click on the link ‘Application Form UGC-NET December 2020 and June 2021 cycles’
3. When the page redirects to the registration page, click on ‘New Registration’
4. Register using Email ID and mobile number, and note down the system-generated Application Number.
5. Log in and complete the application form
6. Upload scanned images of candidate photograph and signature
7. Pay examination fee via Debit/Credit Card/UPI/Net Banking/PAYTM
8. Submit the application form
9. Download and take a printout of the form for future use
UGC NET 2021 – Application Fee
|General||Rs. 1000/- (One Thousand)|
|OBC-(NCL)/EWS||Rs. 500/- (Five Hundred)|
|SC / ST / Person with Disabilities(PwD)/Transgender||Rs. 250/- (Two Hundred Fifty)|
Note: Service Charges & GST (as applicable) will be charged extra by the Bank
UGC NET 2021 – Documents Required
- University Certificate
- Graduation certificate
- Valid photo ID proof
- Scanned copy of passport size photo
- EWS certificate, if applicable
- Scanned copy of the signature of the applicant
- PwD certificate, if applicable
For more updates, candidates are advised to keep an eye on the official website of the National Testing Agency (NTA).