New Delhi, 23 May 2022: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released its assessment scheme for CBSE board exams 2023. As per the announcement, CBSE has decided to go back to the annual scheme of examinations for the assessment of Class 10 and 12 board exams in 2023. The board has also changed the examination pattern for the Class 10, 12 board exams.
Table of Contents
CBSE Board Exams 2023 – Overview
|Question-Type||Class 10||Class 12|
CBSE Board Exams 2023 – New Exam Pattern
- As per the announcement, there would be only one term or one board examination (as was the norm earlier) from the 2022-23 academic year.
- The entire syllabus would be asked in the final examinations as per the CBSE curriculum 2022-23.
- For Class 10 board exams 2023, question papers comprise 40% multiple-choice questions, 20% would competency-based questions, and 40% percent subjective or short/long answer type questions.
- For Class 12, the question papers would be 30% competency-based, 20% objective-based, and 50% long/short type answers.
- The board would soon release the sample papers as per the revised curriculum.
- The board has already released the curriculum, which was not divided into terms.
- Meanwhile, the CBSE board exams 2022 are in process. The Class 10 board exams end on May 24 and the Class 12 board exams 2022 will end on June 15, 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How will the CBSE board exam be conducted in 2023?
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has issued an official notification confirming that it will hold CBSE board exams 2023 only once at the end of the academic year.
Where can the revised CBSE 2023 syllabi be found?
CBSE Class 10, 12 revised syllabi for board examinations 2022-23 are now available on the official website.