New Delhi, 22 April 2022: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has announced the syllabi of Classes 9, 10, 11, and 12 for the 2022-23 academic year. As per the new announcement, Class 10 and Class 12 syllabi have not been divided into two terms and the term-wise exam system has been discontinued. Students will have to give only one CBSE board exam (at the end of the term) from the next year onwards.
Table of Contents
- CBSE Board Exams 2023: Details
- CBSE Board Exams 2023: Guidelines
- CBSE Board Exams 2023: Secondary Level Curriculum Areas
- CBSE Board Exams 2023: Senior Secondary Level Curriculum Areas
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
CBSE Board Exams 2023: Details
- In 2021, CBSE had to follow an alternative assessment scheme as exams were canceled amid the second wave of COVID-19.
- As per the new assessment scheme, the central education board divided the 2022 final exams into two terms. CBSE term-1 exam 2022 was conducted in November-December 2021, and term-2 exams are scheduled for April-May, 2022.
- This was done to ensure that the board is left with at least one exam at the end of the academic session to prepare the results.
- CBSE term 2 exams 2022 are scheduled to begin on April 26, 2022, and will be held in offline mode.
- The board has also announced that the final CBSE results in 2022 will only be announced after combining the results from term-1 and term-2 exams.
- The board decided to conduct two-term exams for the session 2021-22 in order to prevent any unprecedented situation caused by the pandemic. Now, it has decided to switch to the previous practice and conduct one set of board exams at the end of the academic year. The stakeholders also suggested the one exam policy.
- CBSE Class 10, 12 Revised Syllabus for Board Examinations 2022-23 is now available on the official website.
- While a detailed report is awaited on the actual syllabus contents, the teachers have now shared that a few chapters and units have been removed while some have been added back. Overall, the 30 percent syllabi have been shortened by the board.
CBSE Board Exams 2023: Guidelines
- CBSE annually provides a curriculum for Classes 9 to 12 containing academic content, a syllabus for examinations with learning outcomes, pedagogical practices, and assessment guidelines.
- The board will conduct the annual scheme of assessment at the end of the academic session 2022-23 and the curriculum has been designed accordingly.
- The subjects will be taught as per the curriculum released by the board with the help of suitable teaching-learning strategies such as Art-Integrated Education, Experiential Learning, Pedagogical Plans, etc., wherever possible.
- Sample question papers with a detailed design of the question paper will be made available on CBSE’s website in due course of time.
- Schools are requested to share the curriculum available on the website including initial pages with all the teachers and students.
CBSE Board Exams 2023: Secondary Level Curriculum Areas
|Languages||The curricula in languages (Hindi, English, and 37 other languages) focus on listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills, and hence, develop effective communicative proficiencies. Learners use language to comprehend, acquire and communicate ideas in an effective manner.|
|Social Science||The subjects of Geography, History, Economics, and Political Science intend to make learners understand their cultural, geographical, and historical contexts and gain in-depth knowledge, attitude, skills, and values necessary to bring about a transformation for a better
|Science||Biology, Chemistry, and Physics include gaining knowledge about food, materials, the world of the living, how things work, moving things, people and ideas, natural phenomena, and natural resources.|
|Mathematics||Mathematics includes acquiring the concepts related to number sense, operation sense, computation, measurement, geometry, probability, and statistics, the skill to calculate and organize, the ability to apply this knowledge and acquired skills in their daily life, and the skills to think mathematically. It also includes an understanding of the principles of reasoning and problem-solving.|
|Skills Electives||A well-skilled workforce is one of the key requirements for the prosperity and growth of any country. Some skills come from general education, but specific occupational skills are also important.
The curriculum and the study material for the Skill Electives are available on the CBSE academic website under the tab ‘Skill Education’ and can be accessed through the link.
|Art Education||Art Education entails instruction in various art forms (visual as well as performing) with an aim to help children develop an interest in arts and encourage them to enthusiastically participate in related activities, thus, promoting abilities such as imagination, creativity, and value arts and cultural heritage.|
|Health and Physical Education||Health and Physical Education focus on holistic development, both mental and physical, understanding the importance of physical fitness, health, well-being, and the factors that contribute to them. The focus of this area is on helping children develop a positive attitude and commit to lifelong, healthy active living and the capacity to live satisfying, productive lives with the help of health management, indigenous sports, Yoga, NCC, self-defense, fitness, and lifestyle choices.|
CBSE Board Exams 2023: Senior Secondary Level Curriculum Areas
|Languages||The curricula in languages focus on listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills for developing effective communicative proficiency.|
|Humanities and Social Sciences||Geography, History, Economics, Home Science, Sociology, Fine Arts, Political Science, and related subjects promote the learning of history and culture, geographical environment, global institutions, constitutional values and norms, politics, economy, interpersonal and societal interactions, civic responsibilities, and the interplay of all these|
|Sciences||Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, and Informatics Practices help in making students perceptive about matter & energy, nature, the environment, and technological breakthroughs in science.|
|Mathematics||It includes acquiring the concepts related to numbers, operations, computation, measurement, geometry, probability, and statistics, the skill to calculate and organize, and the ability to apply this knowledge and acquired skills in daily life.|
|Business and Commerce-Based Electives||This includes Business Studies, Accountancy, Entrepreneurship, Economics, and related subjects to help in gaining an understanding of core business disciplines.|
|Visual, Performing, and Creative Arts||Subjects like Dance, Drama, Music, Heritage Crafts, Fine Arts, Sculpture, and related subjects aim to help learners cultivate interest and appreciation for arts and encourage them to enthusiastically participate in related activities, thus, promoting abilities such as imagination, creativity, value arts, and the cultural heritage.|
|Skill Electives||Skill electives help in the development of professional competencies,
which are analytical, applied, and outcome-based. Undergoing skills
training in schools can help students learn about a trade progressively to create a product and also to become problem solvers in real life.
|Health and Physical Education||It focuses on holistic development, both mental and physical, understanding the importance of physical fitness, health, well-being, and the factors that contribute to them.|
|General Studies||The purpose of orienting students to general studies is to develop in them an appreciation for the holistic nature of knowledge.|
To view the syllabus directly, please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How will the CBSE board exam be conducted in 2023?
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has issued an official notification confirming that it will hold CBSE board exams 2023 only once at the end of the academic year.
Where can students find the sample questions papers for CBSE 2023 board exams?
Sample question papers with a detailed design of the question paper will be made available on CBSE’s website in due course of time.
Where can the revised CBSE 2023 syllabi be found?
CBSE Class 10, 12 revised syllabi for board examinations 2022-23 are now available on the official website.