New Delhi, 23 May 2022 – The Indian Air Force has opened the application portal for IAF recruitment 2022 for the posts of Group C lower division clerks. Candidates who are Class 12 passed and wish to pursue a career in the IAF can apply by 21 June.
To be eligible for the posts, candidates must also have a typing speed of 35 words per minute (wpm) in English or 30 wpm in Hindi. Selection will be done based on a candidate’s performance in the offline written test. The test will be based on General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English, and General Awareness.
Table of Contents
- IAF Recruitment 2022 – Overview
- IAF Recruitment 2022 – Details
- IAF Recruitment 2022 – Age Limit
- IAF Recruitment 2022 – How to Apply?
IAF Recruitment 2022 – Overview
|Name of Recruitment Drive||IAF Recruitment 2022|
|Recruiting Organization||Indian Air Force|
|Job Type||Government Job|
|Designation||Lower Division Clerk|
|Age Limit||18 years to 25 years (relaxation of 3 to 10 years for reserved category candidates)|
|Educational Qualification||12th Class pass from a recognized board of education|
|Other Qualifications||Typing speed of 35 wpm in English or 30 wpm in Hindi on computer|
|Last Date of Application||21 June 2022|
IAF Recruitment 2022 – Details
Before applying for IAF recruitment 2022, candidates must keep in mind the following details:
- They must have passed Class 12 from a recognized board of education in India.
- They must have a computer typing speed of 35 wpm in English or 30 wpm in Hindi.
- They must send in their application before the deadline – 21 June 2022. Applications received after the deadline will not be entertained and will be rejected.
- Pre-scrutiny of the application in terms of age limit, minimum qualification, documents and certificates will be carried out by the respective units before calling the candidates for written test.
- An application can be rejected by the board without any intimation.
- The centre for written test will be intimated to the candidate in due course.
- No travelling allowance will be paid to candidates to attend the written test.
- Selected candidates will have to be available to serve in any location across India.
- Candidates need to bring their original educational qualification, technical qualification and experience certificates at the time of the test.
IAF Recruitment 2022 – Age Limit
The age limit for IAF recruitment 2022 is as follows:
- General candidates need to be between 18 years and 25 years of age to apply.
- Candidates belonging to the OBC category get an age relaxation of 3 years.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category get 5 years of age relaxation.
- Candidates belonging to the PwBD category get age relaxation of 10 years (additional 5 years in case of PwBD candidates belonging to SC, ST and additional 3 years for OBC category).
- Ex-servicemen who have provided at least 6 months of continuous service in the Armed Forces shall be allowed to deduct the full period of such service from their actual age.
- SC/ST/OBC candidates applying for general category posts are not entitled to any relaxation in age limit.
- Departmental employees have an upper age limit of 40 years for general and 45 years for SC/ST categories.
IAF Recruitment 2022 – How to Apply?
Candidates cannot apply online for the IAF recruitment 2022 drive. To apply, they need to fill in the application form in English or Hindi and send it with a recent photograph (passport size) duly self attested. Any other supporting document must also be self-attested. Other than that, the application must also have a self-addressed envelope with a stamp of Rs. 10/- pasted in it.
The application should be sent to the following address – Presiding Officer, Civilian Recruitment Board, Air Force Record Office, Subroto Park, New Delhi-110010. The address should be typed in English or Hindi.
NOTE: TO READ THE ENTIRE NOTIFICATION AND GET THE APPLICATION FORM FOR IAF RECRUITMENT 2022, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
How will I be selected for the IAF group C lower division clerk posts?
Selection will be done based on a candidate’s performance in the offline written test. The test will be based on the following - General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English, and General Awareness.
When will I get my call letter for the IAF entrance test?
Once all candidates have sent in their applications, they will be scrutinized in terms of age limits, minimum qualification, documents, and certificates. Thereafter, eligible candidates will be issued call letters for the written test.
Which language will the IAF written test be in?
The test will be in both English and Hindi languages and candidates can choose one as per their preferences.