The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will announce the date sheet for the Class 10 and 12 board exams today. However, the release time is not confirmed yet. On Thursday, 28th January 2021, Union Education Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank announced the same through a webinar on Twitter.
Table of Contents
Things to Expect from CBSE Board Exam Date Sheet 2021
- One of the prominent aspects that students can expect from the date sheet is fewer gap days. Usually, the CBSE board organizes the examination for 50 days. Last March, the CBSE board exams 2020 had to be postponed mid-way and later cancelled due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Due to this, the results were announced based on an alternative assessment scheme. However, the proposed timetable this year will be for 35 days. This is a clear intimation that the number of gap days between the exams is likely to be less.
- Another aspect that students can likely expect is a short date sheet for Class 12. CBSE will try and conclude Class 12 Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics papers in the first two weeks of May. This is to avoid the clash between the exam dates of the CBSE Board with JEE Main 2021 examination, which is scheduled to begin from 24th May 2021.
- Besides this, following Mr. Pokhriyal’s announcement on various agendas highlighted in the webinar, the CBSE Board also reinstated that the syllabus for this year’s class 10th and 12th board exams has been reduced by nearly 30%.
CBSE Board Examination 2021 – COVID-19 Instructions
Apart from the examination dates, the CBSE date sheet is expected to carry another important piece of information. The details will be mainly focused on instructions for social distancing amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. It is anticipated that this time, CBSE may announce a tight schedule due to the COVID.
How to Check the CBSE Class 10 & 12 Datesheet?
When the CBSE releases the date sheets for Class 10th and 12th Board Exams 2021 today, candidates can check it using the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of CBSE at www.cbse.nic.in
- The link for the CBSE schedule for 10th and 12th will be displayed on the homepage. Candidates have to click on the same link.
- Candidates will be redirected to another page where a PDF file will appear
- Select Class 10th or 12th as per preference
- When the date sheet appears, save and download the exam schedule for future reference
CBSE Class 10, 12 Datesheet – Developments Till Now
The Education Minister discussed the developments after his recent discussion with Presidents and Secretaries of CBSE Sahodaya School complexes. The meeting was not only regarding the changes in the CBSE curriculum for the academic year 2021-22 but exam dates too. After a thorough discussion, Education Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal reiterated that the CBSE Class 10th and 12th theory exams will be held from 4th May to 10th June 2021.
In the webinar held on 28th January 2021, Ramesh Pokhriyal had multiple discussions with school heads. Nishank stated that schools will be allowed to conduct the CBSE Board practical exams from 1st March 2021 onwards.
A majority of students have welcomed this decision, especially since it gives them ample time to prepare well for the exams. At the same time, the schools have a timeframe of 3 months to conduct the board examinations.
Schools need to be well prepared for the practical examinations and maintain all standard operating procedures issued by CBSE authorities and the Centre. After the successful completion of both theoretical and practical examinations, the CBSE board is expected to release the final result by 15th July 2021.
CBSE to Digitalize 45-Year Records of Students
‘Nishank’ announced that the records of all the enrolled CBSE students over the last 45 years will be digitalized. This news came as a welcome surprise to both current and previous CBSE students. He stated that this digitalization will help even those citizens who have enrolled after 1975 to get certificates. It will remove the strenuous effort of maintaining hard copies and make the system of maintaining records easy. Besides this digitalization initiative, CBSE will also train 10 lakh teachers in the coming year to meet the goals of #NEP2020.
Awareness about National Education Policy
Since last year, the Indian Education Ministry has been focusing on bringing the New Education Policy (NEP 2020) to use. In the seminar (held on 28th Jan), the CBSE board, in compliance with the statement made by the Education Minister, stated that after the virtual interactive session, they will begin the orientation program to create awareness about NEP or National Education Policy 2020 through its 250 active Sahodaya School complexes across India.
Education Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal also tweeted about the introduction of a computerized affiliation system. This system will be based on data analytics and self-disclosure of schools.
|1.||Explore Scholarships for Class 12 Passed Students|
|2.||Check Out Scholarships for Class 10 passed Students|
|3.||Know About Scholarships for Engineering Students|
|4.||Explore Scholarships for Graduation Students|
|5.||Know About Scholarships for Postgraduation Students|
|6.||Check Out Live Scholarships|