New Delhi, 24 March 2022: The All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) has issued a revised academic calendar for the academic session 2022-23 for all AICTE-approved universities and institutions. As per the schedule released by AICTE, classes will now start from 1 August 2022 in online as well as offline modes.
Note: The hybrid mode of education is being followed in consideration of COVID-19 protocols.
AICTE Academic Calendar 2022-23 – Overview
|Last date of acceptance or refusal by AICTE
|10 April 2022
|Last date of acceptance or refusal by university or state government
|15 May 2022
|Entrance exam (State CET, AIEE, management quota exams)
|22 May 2022
|On or before 5 June 2022
|1st round of counselling
|To be completed on or before 30 June 2022
|2nd round of counselling and admission for allotment of seats
|To be completed on or before 10 July 2022
|Last round of counselling for allotment of seats
|To be completed on or before 20 July 2022
|Commencement of academic session
|1 August 2022
|Last date for all vacancies to be filled
|15 August 2022
Note: As per AICTE, the academic calendar is subject to change as per the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Health, and Ministry of Education.
AICTE Academic Calendar 2022-23 – Details
- AICTE will only grant approval to new technical students by 10 April 2022.
- According to AICTE, state governments are requested to declare the result of the examination for class 12 on or before 5 June 2022.
- Accordingly, the initial round of counselling for vacancy allocation to engineering and other technical courses is to be completed before 30 June 2022.
- Similarly, the second and last rounds of counselling are to be conducted before 10 July 2022 and 20 July 2022 respectively.
- Any other rounds for counselling can be conducted as per the local requirement. However, they are to be completed before 30 July 2022.
- The last date for technical institutions to admit students against vacancies is 15 August 2022.
Note: According to AICTE, institutions admitting candidates without seeking approval from the council shall be liable to punitive action.
For further clarification, candidates are required to visit the official website.
AICTE Academic Calendar 2022-23 – FAQs
What courses are under AICTE?
Undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses in Engineering & Technology and Management program (MBA and PGDM) are offered under AICTE.
Is AICTE approval mandatory for universities to offer technical education?
What is AICTE’s deadline for all course seats to be filled?
As per AICTE, universities have to fill all the seats in technical courses by 15 August 2022.