New Delhi, 28 June 2022: The Indian Navy Recruitment under the Agnipath Scheme 2022 is all set to be rolled out. Within this scheme, Agniveers would be able to register and apply for the positions of Agniveer Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR) and Agniveer Matric Recruit (MR) from 1 July 2022. Eligible candidates can register themselves online for the Navy Agniveer programme on the official website: joinindiannavy.gov.in.
Note: A detailed notification with vacancy details and more would be released on 9 July 2022.
There are two posts open for Agniveer Recruitment under the Indian Navy category. They are as follows:
- Agniveer SSR
- Agniveer MR
Table of Contents
- Agniveer SSR and MR Posts – Overview
- Agniveer SSR Post – Eligibility Criteria
- Agniveer MR Post – Eligibility Criteria
- Agniveer SSR and MR Posts – Age Limit
- Agniveer SSR and MR – Required Documents
- Agniveer SSR and MR – Merit List
- Agniveer SSR and MR – Height and Visual Standards
- Agniveer SSR and MR – Admit Card
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- When will the applications for the Agniveer Recruitment under the Indian Navy category begin?
- When will a detailed notification with vacancy details be released for the Agniveer Recruitment under the Indian Navy category?
- What posts are open for the Agniveer Recruitment under the Indian Navy category?
- When will the written exam for the Agniveer Recruitment under the Indian Navy category be held?
Agniveer SSR and MR Posts – Overview
|Online Registrations Begin||1 July 2022|
|Detailed Notification||9 July 2022|
|Application Window||July 15 to 30 2022|
|Medicals and Joining at INS Chilka||21 November 2022|
Agniveer SSR Post – Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates are required to be part of a highly technical organization.
- Candidates are required to serve in Aircraft Carriers, Guided Missile Destroyers and Frigates, Replenishment Ships, and other highly technical submarines and aircraft in the Navy.
- Candidates must have cleared their Class 12 board exams or any equivalent exam.
- Candidates must have studied Mathematics, Physics, and either one of the subjects of Chemistry, Biology, or Computer Science from an educational board recognized by the Ministry of Education.
Agniveer MR Post – Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates would be allowed to apply in three fields – Chef, Steward, and Hygienist.
- As Agniveer MR Chef, candidates would be required to prepare food as per menu and accounting of ration.
- As Agniveer MR Steward, candidates would be trained as waiters, housekeeping, accounting of funds, wine and stores, preparation of the menu, and more.
- As Agniveer MR Hygienist, candidates would be required to maintain hygiene in wash-rooms and other areas.
- Candidates would also undergo firearms training and other allotted duties for the “efficient running of the organization”.
- Candidates must have passed Class 10 or any other equivalent matriculation examination from the boards of school education recognized by the Ministry of Education.
Agniveer SSR and MR Posts – Age Limit
- Candidates between the ages of 17.5 and 21 years can apply for Indian Navy posts within the Agnipath scheme.
- For the Agniveer 2022 batch, the upper age limit has been extended to 23 years as a one-time waiver.
- The detailed notification with the pay scale, vacancy details, and other information would be made available on 9 July 2022 on the official website.
- Candidates can keep a check on the website for the latest updates on the Agnipath Scheme 2022 and its recruitment process.
How to Apply for Agniveer SSR and MR posts?
- Candidates are required to visit the official website and navigate to the online application form.
- Before filling out the online application, they are required to keep their Class 10 and 12 mark sheets ready for reference.
- Then, they need to register themselves using their e-mail ID.
- Candidates are required to ensure that while filling out their application forms, they provide valid and active e-mail IDs and mobile numbers, which should not be changed till the selection procedure is over.
- Thereafter, they are required to log in with the registered e-mail ID and click on “Current Opportunities” followed by clicking on the “Apply” (√) button.
- Then, they are required to fill-up the form completely and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Before clicking the ‘Submit’ button, the candidates have to ensure that all the details are correct and all required documents are scanned from the original ones.
- Online applications will be further scrutinized for eligibility and may be rejected at any stage if found ineligible in any respect.
- The uploaded photograph must be of good quality with a blue background.
Agniveer SSR and MR – Required Documents
The original documents that must be uploaded by the candidates during the online filling of the application are as follows:
- Original mark sheets
- Domicile certificate and NCC certificate (if held) are to be brought by the candidates during all stages of recruitment
- Aadhar card is mandatory for recruitment in the Indian Navy and will be checked at all stages of recruitment.
Note: If the details provided in the ‘online application’ are not matching with original documents at any stage, the candidature will be canceled.
Agniveer SSR and MR – Merit List
- Candidates who have passed the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) will be considered for preparation of the merit list based on marks obtained in the written examination.
- This merit list will be available on the website.
- All selected candidates will be called to INS Chilka for Recruitment Medicals.
- The standards for the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) are as follows:
|Gender||1.6 KM Run||Squats (Uthak Baithak)||Push-ups|
- In case the candidate fails to report on the date and time mentioned in the call letter for Recruitment Medical Examination at Indian Naval Ship (INS) Chilka, the selection of a candidate will stand canceled and he will have no claim for enrolment in the Indian Navy.
- Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on the inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of the elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of the palm/back (dorsal) side of the hand.
- Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and the candidate will be barred from recruitment.
Agniveer SSR and MR – Height and Visual Standards
Agniveer SSR and MR – Admit Card
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website.
- No admit cards will be sent by post.
- Only an electronic mode of communication will be used while contacting the candidates.
- No documents would be sent by post at any stage of recruitment.
For more details regarding Agniveer SSR and MR posts, please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The applications for the Indian Navy Recruitment within the Agnipath Scheme will begin on 1 July 2022.
Detailed notification with vacancy details and more would be released on 9 July 2022.
There are two posts open for Agniveer Recruitment under the Indian Navy category: Agniveer SSR and Agniveer MR.
The written exam for the Agniveer Recruitment will be held in mid-October.