The UPESEAT or UPES Engineering Aptitude Test is conducted by UPES (University of Petroleum and Engineering Studies) for admission to its B.Tech Engineering programmes. UPESEAT 2020 will be held from July 8 to 12, 2020 in online mode. The last date to apply for UPESEAT 2020 is June 30, 2020 and registrations are open at the official website i.e. upes.ac.in. Students must keep in mind that while 80% of the seats are reserved for candidates who apply for admission through UPESEAT, up to 20% of the seats are reserved for candidates who have valid JEE Main 2020 scores/Class 12 board merit.
The UPESEAT syllabus 2020 will consist of topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from class 11 and 12 curriculum. The other two sections in the UPESEAT question paper will include topics on English Language Comprehension and General Awareness. The overall syllabus is largely similar to that of JEE Mains. This computer-based online test will be held for a duration of 180 minutes or 3 hours and will comprise 200 multiple choice questions.
Note: Registrations for UPESEAT 2020 are open. Visit www.bit.ly/UPES-BTech
Table of Contents
- UPESEAT Syllabus 2020- Exam Pattern
- UPESEAT Syllabus – Section-wise Topics
- UPESEAT Syllabus – B.Tech Programs offered by UPES
- UPESEAT Syllabus 2020 – Important Books
- UPESEAT Syllabus – Preparation Tips
- UPESEAT Syllabus 2020 – FAQs
UPESEAT Syllabus 2020- Exam Pattern
To get admission in UPES in different engineering domains, the following exam pattern should be adhered to:
- Exam Mode: The exam is organized in an online mode.
- Type of Questions: The question paper has objective-type questions divided into five sections.
- Subjects/Sections: The questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Language Comprehension and Current Affairs/General Awareness.
- Duration: The duration of the test is 3 hours.
- Number of Questions: While the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics sections in the UPESEAT question paper will consist of 50 questions each, English Language Comprehension and General Awareness will comprise 30 questions and 20 questions respectively. The total number of questions in the UPESEAT question paper will be 200.
- Total Marks: Since the candidates will be awarded one mark for every correct answer, the total marks in UPESEAT is 200.
- Marking Scheme: +1 mark is awarded for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
UPESEAT Exam Pattern
Total Number of Questions
English Language & Comprehension
UPESEAT Syllabus – Section-wise Topics
Candidates must know the detailed syllabus of UPESEAT in order to prepare in a focused manner. The UPESEAT syllabus 2020 would be the same as that of JEE Mains.
UPESEAT Chemistry Syllabus:
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- The States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- General Principles and Process of Isolation of Metals
- S-Block Elements
- P-Block Elements
- F-Block Elements
- D and F-Block Elements
- Environmental Chemistry
- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
UPESEAT Physics Syllabus:
- Physics and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work Energy and Power
- Rotational Motion
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Theory of Gases
- Oscillation and Waves
- Magnetic Effect of Current and Magmatism
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
UPESEAT Mathematics Syllabus:
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equation
- Matrix and Determinants
- Permutations and Combinations
- Binomial Theorem and its Simple Application
- Sequence and Series
- Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equation
- Coordinate Geometry
- Three-Dimensional Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics and Probability
- Mathematical Reasoning
UPESEAT English Language & Comprehension Syllabus
Students must be aware of the basic concepts of English language, grammar and vocabulary and gather good comprehension skills.
UPESEAT General Awareness Syllabus
Students must be aware about the recent national and international happenings in the field of science and technology, economy and awards.
For detailed syllabus topics, click and download the PDF here.
UPESEAT Syllabus – B.Tech Programs offered by UPES
Petroleum Engineering and Earth Sciences
Civil, Health and Safety Engineering
UPESEAT Syllabus 2020 – Important Books
Books that will help the candidates cover the UPESEAT syllabus 2020 are:
- Advanced Level Physics by Nelkon and Parker
- Concepts of Physics Vol. I by H.C.Verma
- Concepts of Physics Vol.II by H.C.Verma
- Problems in Physics by A.A.Pinsky
- Textbook of Organic Chemistry by Dr.R.K.Gupta
- IIT JEE Chemistry Vol. I & Vol. II by Dr.O.P.Agarwal
- Senior Secondary School Mathematics for Class 11 by R.S.Aggarwal
- Senior Secondary School Mathematics for Class 12 by R.S.Aggarwal
UPESEAT Syllabus – Preparation Tips
- First, you need to get well versed with the UPESEAT exam pattern and UPESEAT syllabus 2020.
- Candidates should divide their preparation time in such a way that the syllabus of each section of the exam is completed before time.
- Students should start their preparations with NCERT books of class 11th and 12th in order to complete all the important topics.
- Aspirants can refer to other books to prepare for the Maths, Physics and Chemistry sections in the UPESEAT exam, but the priority should be to complete NCERT books first.
- Revision is an important element of preparation and hence, candidates must give ample time to revision.
- Candidates should practice more and more sample papers to understand the level of questions asked in UPESEAT. Sample papers should especially be attempted one month prior to the exam on a regular basis.
UPESEAT Syllabus 2020 – FAQs
The syllabus of the UPESEAT entrance exam is similar to that of JEE Mains. It includes topics from Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Apart from these three, you have to also prepare topics from English Language & Comprehension and General Awareness. UPESEAT exam is of 200 marks, out of which PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Maths) carries 50 marks each, English Language and Comprehension carries 30 marks and General Awareness section carries 20 marks. There is no negative marking in the UPESEAT exam.
✔️ What topics are included in the UPESEAT Syllabus 2020?
✔️ What are the total marks in the UPESEAT exam? What are individual sectional marks?
✔️ Is there negative marking in the UPESEAT exam?
The syllabus of the UPESEAT entrance exam is similar to that of JEE Mains. It includes topics from Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Apart from these three, you have to also prepare topics from English Language & Comprehension and General Awareness.
UPESEAT exam is of 200 marks, out of which PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Maths) carries 50 marks each, English Language and Comprehension carries 30 marks and General Awareness section carries 20 marks.
There is no negative marking in the UPESEAT exam.