New Delhi, 18 August 2021 – Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad (UPMSP) has released the UP board 10th, 12th exam timetable 2021 for improvement exams, which will begin from 18th September 2021. As per the official notice, the improvement examinations will continue till 6th October 2021. The exam will be conducted in offline mode and the duration of the improvement/ optional exam has been cut short to just 2 hours.
UPMSP has also opened the application portal for Class 10 and 12 improvement exams on Tuesday, 17th August 2021. The students who are unsatisfied with their board results or were unable to appear in the exam this year due to COVID-19 restrictions can apply for this optional, offline examination to improve their marks. Students who wish to sit for this exam must apply offline before 27th August 2021 by 5 PM.
UP Board Improvement Exam 2021 – Key Points on Application
According to the latest reports, the Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad has provided an application format for students.
- The applicants of the UP board improvement exams have to fill in the application form and submit it to the principals of their respective schools by 27th August 2021.
- No application fee will be charged for registering for improvement exams.
- The last date for the schools to submit the improvement exam forms to the board is 29th August 2021.
UP Board Improvement Exams Timetable 2021 – Important Points
- The improvement exams for both classes 10 and 12 will begin from 18th September 2021.
- Class 10 optional exams will be conducted within 12 working days and end on 4th October 2021.
- Class 12 improvement exams will be conducted within 15 working days and end on 6th October 2021.
- The students who were absent in the practicals or were placed in the withheld category can also appear for the UP improvement exams 2021.
- 15 extra minutes will be given to the students to read the question paper.
- No assurance can be given to the examinees regarding the order of the question papers.
- Students with disabilities (visually impaired) will be given extra 40 minutes (20 minutes per hour) for the examination.
UP Board Academic Calendar 2021-22
The UPMSP has also released the academic calendar for 2021-22. As per the timetable:
- UP Board exams 2022 for classes 10 and 12 are expected to be conducted around the 4th week of March 2022.
- The practical exams will begin in the 4th week of February 2022.
On 31st July 2021, the UP board announced the results of classes 10 and 12. Out of 29,94,312 registered students, a total of 29,22,055 students passed class 12 whereas 25,54,813 students passed class 10. The overall pass percentage of UP Board 10th result was 99.53% and 97.88% for UP Inter Class 12. The marks obtained in the improvement exams will be considered final.
For more information, candidates are advised to visit the official UPMSP website.