New Delhi, 17 August 2021 – The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) released the revised academic calendar for the year 2021-22 on Sunday, August 15, 2021. This revised academic calendar will be followed by all AICTE approved institutions and universities.
AICTE has also informed that the classes can be conducted in either online/offline mode (in the classroom), or blended mode only, if the institutions diligently follow the prescribed guidelines or protocols related to COVID-19.
Table of Contents
AICTE Revised Calendar 2021 – Technical Institutions
- According to the latest reports, the last date for the grant of affiliation by the university/board is 31st August 2021.
- The induction programme for first-year students will begin from 1st October 2021.
- The classes for existing students of technical courses will also begin from 1st October 2021.
- Earlier, the last date for cancellation of seats for technical courses with a full fee refund was 15 October 2021. Now, the revised date stands to be 20th October 2021.
- The first-year students can avail admissions against vacancies till 25th October 2021.
- The technical classes for first-year students will also begin from 25th October 2021.
- The last date to admit new students who have taken admissions in second-year courses via lateral entry admission will be 30th October 2021.
AICTE Revised Calendar 2021 – For Standalone PGDM/PGCM Institutions*
- The last date to cancel the admission for courses in PGDM/PGCM institutions including full fee refund has been revised to 13th September 2021 from the earlier decided date, 6th August 2021.
- The last date for admissions to PGDM/PGCM courses has also been extended to 20th September 2021, which was initially decided to end on 11th August 2021.
*This schedule is not applicable for the institutions that have already completed the admission process and started the classes as per the earlier schedule. For such institutes, the full fee refund for cancelling the admissions shall be 6th August 202l as per the academic calendar published on 12th July 2021. However, if such institutes admit new students against vacancies after 11th August 2021, then the new schedule of cancellation and fee refund shall be applicable.
As per the official notification, the schedule will be created and followed as per the University Grants Commission, UGC Policy for institutions with ODL/Online Programs/Courses. Besides, the AICTE has informed the Ministry of Health/Ministry of Home/Ministry of Education that the newly updated schedule is subject to change.