New Delhi, November 7, 2022 – Tamil Nadu Career Guidance Classes – The Government of Tamil Nadu has announced that it has started offering career guidance classes to the students of Classes 11 and 12 across all of the state government schools. The classes will help students to self-assess their abilities in their academic journey.
Earlier this year, the Government of Tamil Nadu introduced the ‘Naan Mudhalvan’ scheme for the students of Class 12 in the academic year of 2022-23. This scheme aims to guide the students, seeking admission to higher education institutions. Now, free career guidance sessions have been launched for both Class 11 and 12 students as a part of this scheme.
On top of that, the Tamil Nadu Government is also focused on launching similar schemes for the students of Classes 9 and 10 to help them choose their streams of study.
Tamil Nadu Career Guidance Classes – Overview
|Initiative taken||Tamil Nadu Career Guidance Classes|
|Purpose||To empower students to self-assess and identify their strengths and weaknesses in their academic career|
|Launched For||Students of Classes 11 and 12|
|Launched by||Government of Tamil Nadu|
|Launched in||Government Schools of Tamil Nadu|
|Part of||‘Naan Mudhalvan’ scheme launched earlier this year in Tamil Nadu by the state government|
|Duration||The classes will be for 80 minutes a month|
Tamil Nadu Career Guidance Classes – Aim
- The career guidance classes aim to provide a better understanding to the students of Classes 11 and 12 of their strengths and weaknesses by self-assessment.
- The students will be able to choose their careers and further higher education effectively after the completion of the classes.
- The aim of launching these classes is to help students in making the right choice while choosing their options for higher education and empowering them to forge a more fruitful career in the future.
Tamil Nadu Career Guidance Classes – Steps Taken
- Official sources of information have confirmed that the department has trained 3,600 teachers across 38 districts to provide proper guidance to students accordingly.
- The teachers will help the students to choose the stream of study according to their merits and demerits.
- Sources also have revealed that the State Council for School Education and Training (SCERT) already trained 152 District Institute of Education and Training (DIET) teachers. They are considered to be the key resources for this project.
- The changes have developed better communication between teachers and students. Apart from the traditional subjects, the teachers have started communicating the career goals of the students to help them secure a better future.
- Students have confirmed that career guidance classes are helping them in gaining additional knowledge about reservations, special schemes, and others that are available at different institutes.
- The School Education Department (SED) also launched a book that provides all the necessary information about career guidance.
Tamil Nadu Career Guidance Classes – Responses
- The career guidance classes have received overwhelming responses from the students.
- They have admitted that the whole programme is at its earliest stages, but the approaches are positive and hopeful.
- They have also mentioned that the scheme is helping them to better understand their career goals.
- They are receiving additional guidance apart from the traditional education system, which is helping them understand the different ways to forge a successful career.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are career guidance classes offered in Tamil government schools?
Yes! The School Education Department of Tamil Nadu has started offering career guidance sessions to Classes 11 and 12 for 80 minutes a month.
What is the purpose of career guidance classes launched in the government schools of Tamil Nadu?
Career guidance classes have been launched to help students identify their academic strengths and weaknesses. Based on the learnings received from these sessions, the students will then be able to choose their future stream of studies accordingly.
For which classes have career guidance sessions been conducted in Tamil Nadu?
The career guidance classes have been conducted for Classes 11 and 12 to help the students in choosing better higher education and career options. Similar schemes will soon be launched for Classes 9 and 10 as well.