New Delhi, 9 May 2022 – The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) has canceled the BPSC civil service exam 2022, which was conducted on May 8 for the recruitment of various Group A and B cadres in various departments of the state.
As per the latest BPSC notification, the BPSC 67th Combined Competitive Preliminary exam 2022 has been cancelled as the question paper went viral on social media just an hour after the exam commenced. At that time, the students were still in the examination hall, which proves that the paper was leaked beforehand.
BPSC took note of the issue and cancelled the exam. The commission has also set up an inquiry committee that has been asked to look into the alleged paper leak and submit a report within 24 hours. New BPSC exam dates will be announced at bpsc.bih.nic.in in due course.
Table of Contents
- BPSC Civil Service Exam 2022 – Overview
- BPSC Civil Service Exam 2022 – Chronology of Events
- BPSC Civil Service Exam 2022 – FAQs
BPSC Civil Service Exam 2022 – Overview
|Exam Conducting Authority||Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC)|
|Exam Name||BPSC Civil Service Exam 2022 or BPSC 67th Combined Competitive Preliminary Exam 2022|
|No. of Applicants||6,00,000 Candidates (including 1,82,000 female candidates)|
|Exam Date||May 8, 2022|
|No. of BPSC Vacancies||726|
|Available Posts||Group A & B Cadres|
BPSC Civil Service Exam 2022 – Chronology of Events
- The BPSC Civil Service exam 2022 registration process was held from September 30 to November 19, 2021.
- Nearly 6,00,000 candidates applied for the recruitment exam through that process.
- The e-Admit Cards for BPSC candidates were released on April 25, 2022.
- The exam was scheduled for May 8, 2022 at more than 1,080 centres across the state of Bihar.
- The BPSC exam was conducted as per schedule, however, the paper was leaked on social media just 1 hour after the commencement of the exam.
- BPSC officials took note of the issue and cancelled the exam.
- After this, an inquiry committee has been set up that will investigate the paper leak and submit a report in 24 hours.
- The matter has also been reported to the Cyber Cell, which is looking into it now.
- The Director General of Police (DGP) of Bihar has also been asked to look into the matter.
- Once the issue is sorted, new exam dates will be announced at bpsc.bih.nic.in.
BPSC Civil Service Exam 2022 – FAQs
How many attempts are allowed in the BPSC Civil Service Exam?
There are no restrictions on the number of attempts as long as the candidates fullfil the age criteria.
What is the age criteria for the BPSC exam?
The minimum age required for BPSC is 20 years and the maximum required age is 37 years. There is a relaxation of 3-5 years for women and reserved category candidates.
Is there any negative marking in the BPSC exam?
There is no negative marking in the BPSC Prelims examination.
What is the salary package for candidates selected through BPSC?
The basic salary of BPSC posts at the starting of the job tenure is Rs. 30,000 per month. After including allowances, the gross salary becomes Rs. 45,000 per month. The maximum salary of BPSC posts at the starting of the tenure is Rs. 72,000 per month.
What language medium is best for BPSC?
BPSC exams are about concepts and not about the language. You only have to show your knowledge in the exam, which can be done in both Hindi or English.
How should one prepare for BPSC at home?
The first step must always be going through the NCERT books from Class 6 to Class 12. Once these are completed, candidates can then move on to books specifically catered to BPSC and UPSC preparation.