New Delhi, 3 September 2022, Railway Recruitment 2022: The Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) has released the recruitment notification for the Eastern Railway Apprentice posts. According to the notification released on the official website – indianrailways.gov.in, the recruitment drive will fill 3115 vacancies across various departments in the Eastern Railways.
The last date to fill out the online application form for the Eastern Railway recruitment is 29 October 2022.
Table of Contents
Railway Recruitment 2022 – Vacancy
The Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) will fill 3115 vacant posts in multiple divisions, including Howrah, Sealdah, Asansol, Malda, Kanchrapara workshop, and others.
Candidates can check division-wise vacancies from the table given below:
Railway Recruitment 2022 – Eligibility
- Candidates must be citizens of India.
- Candidates applying for the exam must be at least 15 years of age.
- Candidates must have passed Class 10 from a recognized institution.
- Candidates must possess a National Trade Certificate (NTC).
- Candidates applying for Welder, Sheet Metal Worker, Carpenter and Wireman must have passed Class 8 from a recognized institution.
Railway Recruitment 2022 – Selection Process
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of the merit list prepared in respect of all eligible candidates who apply against the notification.
- A separate merit list will be prepared for candidates who have applied for trades that require Class 10 as the minimum qualification.
- The merit list will be based on the application process, fulfilment of eligibility criteria and marks obtained in Class 8 & 10.
Railway Recruitment 2022 – Salary
- The minimum Indian Railway Apprentice salary varies from INR 5000 to INR 10,000 per month.
- Candidates may also target a 15% increment on the current salary based on their performance.
- Candidates will receive up to INR 6000 during the training period.
Railway Recruitment 2022 – Application Fee
- The application fee for General and Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates is INR 100.
- Candidates who fall under the category of Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) are exempted from fee payment.
How to Apply for Railway Recruitment 2022?
Candidates are required to follow the steps mentioned below to apply for the Eastern Railway Apprentice recruitment 2022:
Step 1 – Visit the official website: rrcer.
Step 2 – Navigate to the “Notice Board” tab.
Step 3 – Click on the “Notice No. RRC-ER/Act Apprentices /2022-23” link.
Step 4 – Click on the “Click to Proceed Further” tab.
Step 5 – Fill in the required details.
Step 7 – Pay the application fee.
Step 8 – Click on the “Submit” tab to end the application process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 What is the salary of a Railway Apprentice?
The salary of a Railway Apprentice (trainee) is INR 1,11,429 per annum.
Q2. Who decides the pay scale for Railway Apprentice posts?
The salary of the Indian Railways Apprentice is decided by the Government of India.
Q3. What is the last date to apply for the Railway Apprentice post?
The last day to apply for the Eastern Railway Apprentice post is 29 October 2022.