New Delhi, 3 February 2023 – Odisha Police Recruitment – The Odisha Police has extended the application deadline for 4,790 civil constable vacancies in 34 police districts and the Commissionerate Police in the state.
Candidates can now submit applications for the vacancies until 10 February 2023. Earlier, the last date to apply for the posts was 21 January 2023.
The State Selection Board (SSB) of the Odisha Police has granted the extension in compliance with the Orissa High Court’s ruling from 24 January 2023, which raised the upper age limit for the ongoing recruitment for the posts by four years.
Table of Contents
- Odisha Police Recruitment – General Overview
- Odisha Police Recruitment – Eligibility and Selection Process for Constable Post
- Odisha Police Recruitment – How to Apply?
- Odisha Police Recruitment – FAQs
Odisha Police Recruitment – General Overview
|Types of Positions||Constable|
|Number of Vacancies||4,790|
|Where to Apply?||Odishapolice.gov.in and opssb.nic.in|
|Educational Qualification||Candidates must have passed the Class 12 exam or an examination of equal standing administered by the Council of Higher Secondary Education of Odisha or by any other recognised board or council.|
|Stages of Examination||
Odisha Police Recruitment – Eligibility and Selection Process for Constable Post
- The maximum age for unreserved candidates as of January 1, 2022 should be 27.
- For Socially and Economically Backward Classes (SEBC), Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and women candidates as well as Home Guards, it should be 32
- For Group-D candidates it should be 47.
|Candidates for Constable posts||Maximum age as of January 1, 2022|
Candidates must have passed the Class 12 exam or an examination of equal standing administered by the Council of Higher Secondary Education of Odisha or by any other recognised Board/Council.
Only candidates who meet the physical standard requirements will be permitted to take the Physical Efficiency Test.
|Candidates||Events||Time / Attempt|
|Men (all categories)||Running 1.6 kms||6 minutes 30 seconds|
|Women (all categories)||Running 1.6 kms||8 minutes 30 seconds|
|Men (all categories)||Broad jump 3.66 mtrs||3 attempts|
|Women (all categories)||Broad jump 2.75 mtrs||3 attempts|
Odisha Police Recruitment – How to Apply?
- The State Selection Board advertises the position.
- Applicants may submit their application in the format specified by the advertisement.
- The application form is available for download on the Odisha Police website.
- Candidates may only submit an application for one district.
- Candidates’ completed application can be sent by post or dropped off at the district office where they are applying.
To know about exam-related news, follow Buddy4Study
Odisha Police Recruitment – FAQs
Q1): How important is the post of Constable in the Odisha Police?
A Constable plays a vital role in the Odisha Police. It’s a base-level position available in all districts, police districts, Railways Police district, and, the Commissionerate of Police in Bhubaneswar and Cuttack.
Q2) Who conducts recruitment for the post of Constable in the Odisha Police?
The State Selection Board, located at Cuttack, supervises the recruitment for the post of Constable. Additionally, the recruitment exams are administered, and candidates are selected by the district-level selection committee, which is led by the Superintendent of Police of the relevant districts.
Q3) What is the total number of vacancies for the post of Constable in the Odisha Police in 2023?
The Odisha Police is recruiting candidates for 4790 positions of Constable in 2023.