NIT Raipur is conducting NIMCET 2021 to provide admissions to students in MCA programmes in 11 participating NITs. In order to make all the applicants familiar with the NIMCET test structure, the conducting NIT prescribes the NIMCET exam pattern. Candidates with an awareness of the exam pattern are likely to prepare well and eventually score better than their counterparts in NIT MCA Entrance Test.
The NIMCET question paper is divided into four sections:
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
- Computer Awareness
- General English
According to the NIMCET exam pattern, candidates have to answer 120 multiple choice questions (MCQs). Answering all the questions correctly will fetch you a maximum of 480 marks, i.e. 4 marks for each correct response. On the other hand, candidates will have to bear a deduction of one mark per incorrect response.
Read this article to get extensive information on the NIMCET exam pattern.
Table of Contents
- NIMCET Exam Pattern 2021 – Key Highlights
- NIMCET Exam Pattern – FAQs
NIMCET Exam Pattern 2021 – Key Highlights
- NIT Raipur, being the conducting body of NIMCET this year, has the right to prescribe/amend the NIMCET exam pattern.
- NIMCET comprises a total of four sections with a separate weightage given to each section.
- Every question asked in the NIMCET 2021 exam will have four options out of which only one would be correct. Candidates need to choose the best possible option as per their knowledge.
- The NIMCET question paper will have questions with varying difficulty standards to evaluate the knowledge of a BCA level graduate.
- NIMCET shall be conducted in one shift of two hours i.e. from 10 AM to 12 Noon.
Read More : NIMCET Exam Dates – Revised Schedule, Highlights
NIMCET Exam Pattern – Know in Detail
Candidates can check the key variables of the NIMCET exam pattern 2021 in the table below.
NIMCET Exam Pattern
|Mode of the exam||Offline|
|Examination level||National level|
|Medium of exam||English|
|Duration of the exam||2 hours|
|Type of questions||Objective type i.e. Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of questions||120|
|Number of sections||4|
|Marking Scheme||+ 4 for every correct response|
|– 1 for every incorrect response|
|No marks for unattempted questions|
NIMCET Exam Pattern 2021 – Section-Wise Weightage
NIMCET 2021 will comprise four sections with a different weightage of marks and questions. The table below mentions the section-wise question and marks weightage in NIMCET.
Section Wise Distribution of Questions and Marks in NIMCET
|Name of Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning||40||160|
NIMCET Syllabus 2021
All the four sections of the NIMCET, as per its syllabus, will have further topics and subtopics to be covered. Candidates can check the section-wise topics for NIMCET below.
Section Wise Syllabus for NIMCET 2021
|Probability and Statistics|
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||logical situations and questions based on facts given in a passage|
|Computer Awareness||Computer basics|
|Basic English Grammar|
|Synonyms and Antonyms|
|Meaning of words and phrases|
NIMCET Exam Pattern – Things to Remember
- There will be no sectional cutoff in NIMCET 2021. Hence, candidates can forgo certain question/s in a particular section to avoid negative marking
- All questions will have four answer options. Candidates have to choose one correct option.
- Candidates must reach the exam centre at least 1 hour prior to the exam commencement time.
- During offline test, candidates have to do all the rough work in the margin available in the test booklet only. No extra rough sheet is allowed in the examination hall.
- Candidates must darken the bubbles in the OMR sheet properly to mark their response
- Candidates must carry their own black/blue ballpoint pen to fill the bubbles in the OMR sheet
NIMCET Exam Pattern – FAQs
✔️ How many sections are there in the test, as per the NIMCET exam pattern 2021?
As per the NIMCET test structure, NIT Raipur will divide the NIMCET question paper into four sections - Mathematics, Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, and General English
✔️ In what mode will the NIT Raipur conduct NIMCET 2021?
NIT Raipur conducts NIMCET in a pen and paper mode by using the Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) sheet.
✔️ Is there a sectional time limit in NIMCET?
No. There is no sectional time limit. Candidates will have the liberty to answer any question of any section during the two hours of NIMCET 2021.
✔️ Is there any negative marking in NIMCET?
Yes, candidates have to bear a deduction of 1 mark for every incorrect response. However, there is no negative marking for the unattempted questions.
✔️ Do I have an option to take the NIMCET exam in Hindi medium?
No. NIT MCA Entrance Test (NIMCET) is held only in English. Candidates will not get a choice of attempting the test in any other language.