With a multitude of student’ requests to hold the NEET exam twice a year, Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has stated that he is considering the possibility of an additional round of NEET in 2021. As the number of exam sessions increased to 4 times a year for JEE Main exam 2021, students have been anticipating a similar increase in the number of NEET attempts. If not four, they have been requesting the Education Minister to provide at least two chances to sit for the NEET exam.
Students have been reaching out to the Education Minister regarding the announcement of the NEET 2021 dates, which have not been declared as yet. While the Minister has not shared any specifics yet, he has assured that the Ministry of Education is considering holding the NEET 2021 exam more than once a year.
Table of Contents
What Do Students Expect for NEET 2021?
The major expectations of NEET 2021 aspirants revolve around:
- NEET application form date
- NEET 2021 exam date
- Will NEET be conducted twice a year?
- Will NEET be held in online mode?
After the announcement of 4 rounds of exams for JEE Main 2021, Nishank’s Twitter handle has been flooded with requests to increase the number of attempts for NEET exam as well. A certain NEET aspirant suggested two rounds of NEET 2021 to be held before and after the board exams.
Besides, many students have also raised a few other NEET-related points to the Education Minister:
NEET 2021 – Education Minister’s Assurance
Nishank has been consistent with his efforts in trying to conduct the NEET examination twice a year. The Education Minister confirmed, “The senior officials of the education and health ministries, NTA and I have recently interacted to discuss if the NEET-UG examination can be conducted twice a year from 2021 or not. The discussions are actively on and we hope that we can deliver the final decision soon.”
Pokhriyal conveyed to students that if persuading the other Ministries would not have been difficult, he would have given students the additional chance immediately. But he shared that the final positive nod has to come from the Health Ministry.
On the brighter side, he stated that the candidates would be soon made aware of the details related to their queries on NEET exam date 2021 and exam pattern. Besides, the Education Minister also spoke about the roadmap for NEP 2020 implementation and the importance of mother tongue in the Education System.
More Information on NEET 2021
- As per an earlier official statement, the Education Ministry stated that the NEET syllabus 2021 will remain unchanged for this academic year.
- The questions to be asked in NEET 2021 is expected to be in line with JEE Main 2021.
- Every year, 180 questions are asked in the NEET exam. However, this year, it is being expected that the number of question choices will be higher than 180. But on a brighter note, candidates might have to attempt only 180 questions. This concept is similar to the exam pattern of JEE 2021, as per which the candidates will have to answer only 75 questions out of a total of 90 questions. This indicates that the exam conducting body is thinking over giving candidates the benefit of choosing favourable questions and scoring more marks.
|1.||Explore Scholarships for Class 12 Passed Students|
|2.||Check Out Scholarships for Class 10 passed Students|
|3.||Know About Scholarships for Engineering Students|
|4.||Explore Scholarships for Graduation Students|
|5.||Know About Scholarships for Postgraduation Students|
|6.||Check Out Live Scholarships|