New Delhi, 16 September 2022, MoU Between India and UK: The Union Cabinet of the Indian Government has granted approval to a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that aims to provide educational opportunities for students of India and the United Kingdom (UK). All UK-authorized degrees will now be recognized in India, which will help students apply for post graduation courses after completing their graduation from the UK.
This pact will cover higher education qualifications, including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in both countries. In addition to this, India and the UK have also decided to provide opportunities for Indian nurses and nursing associates seeking to train and work in the National Health Services (NHS) of England.
Table of Contents
- What is the aim of this MoU Between India and UK?
- What are the Benefits of this MoU Between India and UK?
- What is the Validity Period of MoU Between India and UK?
- MoU Between India and UK – Healthcare Workforce
- Q.1 When was the MoU between India and the UK signed?
- The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and the UK was signed on 12 July 2022.
- Q2. Is an Indian master’s degree valid in the UK?
- Yes! After the MoU between India and the UK, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees will now be recognized in both countries.
- Q3. What will be included in the MoU that has been signed between India and UK?
- The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) will include online courses and the opportunity to complete postgraduate programmes by partly studying in India and also in the UK.
What is the aim of this MoU Between India and UK?
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on education was signed by the Secretary of the Department of Higher Education on behalf of the Government of India. The students will now be able to access international education by applying for postgraduate courses after returning from the UK. Under this pact, advanced-level, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees will be considered equivalent in India and the UK.
Similarly, Indian Senior Secondary School/Pre-University certificates will be considered suitable for entry into UK higher education institutions. The students will be eligible for maritime training and certification in India and the UK.
What are the Benefits of this MoU Between India and UK?
- The students of India and the UK can explore and apply for government jobs after returning to their native countries.
- The universities of Britain will accept Indian senior secondary school certificate holders.
- The students will receive higher education qualification documents that will be accredited by foreign institutions.
- The students will experience diverse curricular activities and improved training standards.
What is the Validity Period of MoU Between India and UK?
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) will be valid for a period of five years and will automatically renew for subsequent periods of five years. However, the discontinuation of the MoU will not affect the training and certification of the students.
MoU Between India and UK – Healthcare Workforce
The Framework Agreement on Healthcare Workforce was signed by the Joint Secretary of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, India. The agreement aims to collaborate with Allied Health Professionals (AHPs) of India to provide training of healthcare professionals to UK students and nurses. The agreement will make it easier for the UK to recruit and train nurses and AHPs from India.