October 18, 2022, Ranchi, Jharkhand Government Schools: Senior officials of the East Singhbhum district of Jharkhand have adopted 187 government-run schools. The move has been taken to raise the educational standards in these schools which suffered heavily due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
As part of the “Abua Aasdra” (Our School) project, Deputy Commissioner Vijaya Jadav has adopted one middle school in each of the district’s Patamda, Ghatsila, Dumaria, and Baharagora neighbourhoods. In addition to him, Additional District Magistrate (Law and Order) Nandkishore Lal, Additional Deputy Commissioner Saurabh Sinha, District Transport Officer Dinesh Rajan, and District Public Relations Officer Rohit Kumar adopted schools as part of the programme.
The goal of “Abua Aasdra” is to improve government-run middle schools by establishing welfare programmes and influence students’ learning habits in a positive way.
Additionally, the concerned officials have been tasked with organising quarterly parent-teacher conferences; ensuring that kids maintain a 90% attendance rate; and developing the necessary infrastructure.
The Deputy Commissioner has instructed the school staff to ensure that eligible individuals are covered by several state government welfare schemes like the Mukhyamantri Vishesh Chhatravritti Yojana and the Savitibai Phule Kishori Smridhi Yojana.
Table of Contents
- Jharkhand Government Schools – Adopters
- Jharkhand Government Schools – Tasks of Adopters and Benefits for Government Schools/Students
- Jharkhand Government Schools – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Jharkhand Government Schools – Adopters
- Deputy Commissioner – Vijaya Jadav
- Additional District Magistrate (Law and Order) – Nandkishore Lal
- Additional Deputy Commissioner – Saurabh Sinha
- District Transport Officer – Dinesh Rajan
- District Public Relations Officer – Rohit Kumar
Jharkhand Government Schools – Tasks of Adopters and Benefits for Government Schools/Students
- Adopters will inspect and monitor adopted Jharkhand government schools at least once every month during their field visits.
- They will ensure the use of handbooks in schools.
- They will make sure that learning aids are properly used in the school.
- They will ensure that a minimum of 90% of the children’s attendance is maintained.
- They will ensure teacher and student attendance through E-Vidyavahini.
- They will undertake a review of the month’s activities at school.
- They will ensure special education for weak-performing children.
- They will ensure that enough efforts are being made to improve the results of the annual secondary examination.
- They will also ensure the proper use of smart classes at schools. These classes must take place every day for a minimum of 4-5 periods.
- They will ensure the installation of the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) labs in the school and will oversee that they are made functional.
- They will ensure the quality of the mid-day meal.
- They will make sure that kitchen gardens are made in schools.
- They will ensure that regular meetings of the school management committee take place on the 25th of every month.
- They will ensure that parent-teacher meetings are organised every three months.
- They will ensure the cleanliness of the school.
- They will ensure that basic facilities in schools are provided.
- They will ensure that the benefits of various government schemes are provided to all the enrolled children.
Jharkhand Government Schools – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why did Jharkhand officials adopt several government schools?
Senior officials of the East Singhbhum district of Jharkhand have adopted 187 Jharkhand government schools in order to help raise the educational standards in these schools in light of the disruptions brought on by the COVID-19 outbreak.
Who is the Chief Minister of Jharkhand?
Mr. Hemant Soren is the Chief Minister of Jharkhand.
Where is East Singhbhum district located?
The district of East Singhbhum is located in the southeast of Jharkhand. On January 16, 1990, nine blocks were separated from Old Singhbhum, and this resulted in its formation. This district is at the top of Jharkhand’s industrial growth and mining quarrying rankings.
Which is the ruling party in Jharkhand?
The Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) is the ruling party in Jharkhand.