New Delhi, 30 June 2022 – The students of Rajasthan who were appearing for the JEE Main 2022 exam in June 2022 were in jeopardy due to the implementation of Section 144 in the state. The sudden communal unrest was created because of the lynching of a local tailor in Udaipur.
Following the killing, the state government imposed Section 144 and suspended internet services across the state. This was done to maintain peace while an active investigation was going on related to the issue.
However, the unrest made JEE Main aspirants worried about their educational future, as the entrance exam was conducted on June 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, and 29, 2022. A lot of students faced issues with transportation, while others were unsure of safety. Thus, many students waited for a postponement of the exam and others skipped the June session to ensure complete safety.
Table of Contents
- JEE Main 2022 Exam Overview
- JEE Main 2022 Exam Issue in Rajasthan – Details
- JEE Main 2022 Exam Issue in Rajasthan – What is Section 144?
JEE Main 2022 Exam Overview
|Exam Name||JEE Main 2022|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|JEE Main Exam Date||June 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, and 29, 2022|
|Issue||Unrest and Uncertainty Over JEE Main Due to Section 144 Being Imposed in Rajasthan|
|JEE Main Result Date||July 2nd Week|
JEE Main 2022 Exam Issue in Rajasthan – Details
- The killing in Udaipur has caused communal unrest in Rajasthan, leading to the implementation of Section 144 and suspension of internet services across the state.
- Tensions gripped several districts of the state after two men beheaded a local tailor in Udaipur over a social media post.
- The victim had shared a post on social media in support of the suspended BJP spokesperson, Nupur Sharma, for her comments on the Prophet Muhammad.
- These restrictions caused massive panic among students.
- Students faced minor trouble while appearing for the JEE exam in cities like Jaipur and Kota districts, where the law and order situation was maintained.
- However, JEE Main 2022 aspirants appearing in Udaipur and nearby districts faced severe logistical and transportation challenges.
- Several students decided to skip the exam and wait for the July session.
- Others waited in hopes of the exam being postponed.
- The ones who tried to appear were either successful or could not make it to the centres. This has caused further unrest in these students.
- All in all, students of the state are now quite concerned about the result of the JEE Main exam, especially due to the paper conducted on 29 June 2022.
JEE Main 2022 Exam Issue in Rajasthan – What is Section 144?
Section 144 is imposed in urgent cases that have the potential to cause trouble or damage to human life or property. It prohibits public gathering and has been used to impose restrictions as a means to prevent protests that can lead to unrest or riots.
Section 144 also restricts carrying any sort of weapon in that area where it has been imposed and people can be arrested for violating it. The maximum punishment for such acts is 3 years.
According to the section, no movement of public is allowed and all educational institutions will remain closed. There will also be a complete bar on holding any kind of public meetings or rallies during the period of this order.
Why has Section 144 been implemented in Rajasthan?
Section 144 has been imposed as a local tailor was killed in the state. The authorities then implemented the section to avoid any protest or riot.
When was the JEE Main 2022 exam conducted for the June session?
The JEE Main exam was conducted on June 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, and 29, 2022 for the June session.
When will the JEE Main exam be conducted for the July session?
The JEE Main 2022 exam for the July session will be conducted from July 21 to 30, 2022.