New Delhi, 2 December 2021 – The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has extended the application deadline for July 2021 admission till December 7. Candidates who are yet to register can now apply for the courses of their choice.
This extension is only applicable to open & distance learning (ODL) and UG/PG programmes offered by the university. The application window for semester-based programmes* is closed. Candidates seeking admissions can put forth their applications by visiting IGNOU’s official website.
*Semester-based programmes offered by the university include MBA (General), MBA (Banking), BCA, MCA, and MSCENV (MSc in Environmental Science).
Table of Contents
How to Apply For IGNOU Admissions 2021?
A fresh applicant needs to create a new registration and submit all details to apply.
Since the university offers programmes in various disciplines at UG and PG levels, candidates can choose from a plethora of IGNOU courses.
To apply for admission into these courses, kindly follow the steps given below:
- Visit IGNOU’s official website and click on the new registration link.
- Fill in all the details required in the registration form and click on the ‘Register’ tab.
- IGNOU will share your login credentials via email.
- With your login credentials, navigate to ‘Registered User Login’ on the home page.
- Enter your username and password to log in.
- Fill up the IGNOU application form by entering all personal and programme-related details.
- Go through the curriculum of your selected course and choose a mode to receive the study material (digital or print).
- Upload all required documents and preview the application form to verify that all details are correct.
- Once verified, pay the application fee to complete your application and download/print out the application document for future reference.
What Documents are Required to Fill Up the IGNOU Admissions 2021 Application Form?
The documents needed to fill the IGNOU Admissions 2021 form include:
- Scanned copy of educational documents (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned copy of age proof (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned passport-sized photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned signature (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of category and BPL certificates (if applicable, less than 200 KB)
How to Get Help for IGNOU Admissions 2021?
In case of any doubt regarding the admission process, students can get help by contacting:
- Student Service Centre: Email (email@example.com), Phone (011-29572513, 29572514).
- Student Registration Division: Email (firstname.lastname@example.org), Phone (011-29571301, 29571528).