For many students in India, appearing for the CMAT is the first step in the journey of a management career. CMAT provides a gateway to the management aspirants to compete for more than 850 colleges across India. The CMAT exam scores serve as a parameter of eligibility for all the participating colleges. After the result and the individual cut off lists of the institutes are out, the admission process for all the colleges start. There can be many levels of entrance exams conducted by a particular college before giving the final verdict.
In this article, we will share details on CMAT 2021 counselling, its purpose, and stages. We will also delve into the CMAT 2021 admission process, procedures, document requirements and other related details.
Table of Contents
- CMAT Counselling – Does CMAT have common counselling for admissions?
- CMAT Counselling – Individual role of NTA and CMAT participating colleges after the result announcement?
- CMAT Counselling – What is the admission process after the CMAT score is announced?
- CMAT Counselling – What are the general selection criteria for students in CMAT participating institutions?
- CMAT Counselling – What are the stages of MBA admission after CMAT?
- CMAT Counselling – What are the documents required for admission after CMAT?
- CMAT Counselling – List of top 15 colleges that accept the CMAT scores for admission
- CMAT Counselling – FAQ
- Q. What is the common admission process after the final CMAT score?
- Q. Is there centralized counselling for admission through CMAT score?
- Q. What are the documents required for admission through CMAT?
- Q. Will sectional score matter in admission through CMAT?
- Q. What if a student meets the CMAT cut off but not the eligibility criteria? Will he still get admission?
CMAT Counselling – Does CMAT have common counselling for admissions?
CMAT does not hold any common counselling for admissions. All the participating institutes conduct their own tests and procedures after using the CMAT score. Here are some key points about the process:
- National Test Agency, the conducting body of CMAT does not hold any common counselling for admission.
- Every participating institution sets its own admission process. The details about the admission are also announced individually.
- Candidates who have qualified in CMAT can apply for admission in management programmes (including PGDM/MBA, PGCM, and Executive PGDM) offered by the participating institute of their choice, based on their CMAT percentile and rank.
- Candidates will have to apply for the institute of their choice separately and will have to participate in its selection process.
CMAT Counselling – Individual role of NTA and CMAT participating colleges after the result announcement?
NTA – The National Testing Agency or NTA will release the merit list of the candidates along with the declaration of CMAT result 2021. This merit list will be based on the score attained by the candidates, who have taken part in the admission test. All of these candidates who are a part of the merit list will be considered as qualified students.
Participating Colleges – Later, individual institutions will release the list of candidates they have shortlisted according to the marks scored by them in CMAT. Students shortlisted by the institutions will then be invited for the further admission process including group discussion, personal interview and written test, depending on the institution.
CMAT Counselling – What is the admission process after the CMAT score is announced?
After the CMAT scores are out and institutes have declared their cutoff, each college announces the dates of its own group discussions, personal interviews and the separate list of students who are invited for these rounds. Since each institute will schedule these events individually, candidates have to keep track of the announcements made by their desired colleges.
- A merit list is prepared after shortlisting the students based on their CMAT scores
- Qualified candidates are then required to visit their institute of choice for the admission procedure.
- Institutes will conduct multiple rounds of selections.
- Based on the performance of a candidate in the various rounds of GD, PI and WAT, the final list of students selected will be prepared.
CMAT Counselling – What are the general selection criteria for students in CMAT participating institutions?
After the test and declaration of its results, students must fulfill these requirement in order to gain admission in any management college:
- Graduation degree from a recognised institute or equivalent
- Valid CMAT score
- Good performance in GD/PI
CMAT Counselling – What are the stages of MBA admission after CMAT?
CMAT Cut off – The participating institutes fix a cut off for entry into the college. Every student applying for admission must have a score higher than the set cut off. Then the institute will invite applicants for the group discussion and personal interview.
Group Discussion – Participating institutes will invite qualifying students for group discussion. Shortlisted candidates will be divided in the groups of 10 and each group will be given a topic related to current affairs or business. Students will be judged on the following parameters:
- Logical and creative thinking
- Encouragement skills
- Negotiation skills
- Real life scenario
- Managerial skills
- Leadership qualities
- Initiation skills
- Closure skills
Personal Interview– In this round, applicants are invited for a personal interview with a panel of experts. It is a very crucial part and usually this is followed by the final selection. Students will be marked on the basis of:
- Interpersonal skills
- General & managerial aptitude
- Command over speech
- Prior work experience(s)
Final Selection – Final selection will be based on the candidate’s overall performance in CMAT exam, group discussion and personal interview, academic history and other professional and ECA aspects. A merit list will be released by all the participating institutes with the names of candidates who have cleared all the rounds and criteria for admission.
CMAT Counselling – What are the documents required for admission after CMAT?
After the process of selection is complete and the student is selected by an institute, the admission process starts. Following documents are required at the time of admission and it is advised that all the students must compile them in advance:
- CMAT score card
- CMAT admit card
- Class 10 marksheet and certificate
- Class 12 marksheet and certificate
- Graduation marksheet and certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- Valid photo ID issued by the Government of India
- Permanent Address proof
- Caste/PWD certificate
- ECA certificates or proof of recognition
CMAT Counselling – List of top 15 colleges that accept the CMAT scores for admission
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
- Indus Business Academy, Bangalore
- LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) Mumbai
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (XIME), Bangalore
- BIMTECH, Greater Noida
- Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Hyderabad
- N L Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management, Goa
- KIIT School of Rural Management, Bhubaneshwar
- Xavier Institute of Social service, Ranchi
(and many more).
CMAT Counselling – FAQ
Q. What is the common admission process after the final CMAT score?
Most of the institutes accepting CMAT scores conduct group discussion and personal interview for admission.
Q. Is there centralized counselling for admission through CMAT score?
There is no centralized counselling for admission through CMAT score.
Q. What are the documents required for admission through CMAT?
For admission, candidates will be required to present a CMAT scorecard, CMAT admit card, graduation marksheet and certificate, class 10 and 12 marksheet and certificate, date of birth certificate, a valid photo ID issued by the Government of India, permanent address proof, Caste/PWD certificate, and ECA certificates or proof of recognition.
Q. Will sectional score matter in admission through CMAT?
In most of the CMAT-accepting colleges, sectional scores are not taken into consideration. However, the candidates must check admission criteria and guidelines thoroughly for the same.
Q. What if a student meets the CMAT cut off but not the eligibility criteria? Will he still get admission?
It is mandatory to meet both CMAT cut off and eligibility criteria for admission.