New Delhi, 28 April 2022: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has stated that the board will calculate and release the results for Class 10 and Class 12 even if the students have missed either of the two-term exams. In a live webinar on “Modalities for conducting Term- 2 exams 2022” conducted on 27 April, CBSE announced that those students who have missed either Term-1 or Term-2 exams will receive a grade based on their performance in either one of them.
Table of Contents
- CBSE’s Live Webinar for Class 10, 12: Overview
- CBSE’s Live Webinar for Class 10, 12 – Webinar Details
- CBSE Board Class Term-2 – Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
CBSE’s Live Webinar for Class 10, 12: Overview
|Name of the Webinar||Modalities for Conducting Term- 2 Exams 2022|
|Aims of the Webinar||
|Conditions to Fulfill for Getting CBSE Board Exam Results (in case of students who miss one of the two terms)||
CBSE’s Live Webinar for Class 10, 12 – Webinar Details
- The live webinar was headed by the Chairman of CBSE, Vineet Joshi.
- The students can check the recorded version of the live webinar on the YouTube channel.
- The board had decided to conduct this live webcast to explain the preparations for examinations and the roles & responsibilities of functionaries.
- The board also directed all the schools to arrange a setup to watch the live stream of the webcast.
- The aim of the webinar was to eliminate all future complications so that the board – with the help of schools and students – would be able to conduct the examinations successfully.
- It was compulsory for all CBSE-affiliated schools to attend the webinar.
CBSE Board Class Term-2 – Details
- Students who were marked absent in Term-1 exams and did not appear for Term-2 exams were not allowed to take the compartment exams as the board is considering holding compartment exams for all subjects on the same day.
- The Term-2 examinations for both the Classes 10 and 12 began on 26th April 2022.
- The Class 10 examination will be conducted for 29 days and will be over on 24 May 2022.
- The Class 12 examination will be conducted for 51 days, and accordingly, these examinations will be over on 15 June 2022.
- The Term-2 board exams are being held at over 7,412 centers and over 34 lakh students have appeared for the Class 10 and Class 12 examinations.
- During Term-2 board exams, only 18 students are allowed to sit in one room – three rows in total, six students in one row.
- In Class 10, CBSE will conduct the examination in 75 subjects, and in Class 12 in 114 subjects.
- In 2021, CBSE allowed candidates who failed to appear or score minimum passing marks in three or more subjects to sit for the compartment exams in the ‘essential repeat’ category.
- CBSE also directed schools to make exam centers secure and to make plans to adhere to COVID-19 protocol.
- For this, CBSE is paying ₹5,000/- to each examination center for the purchase of an infrared thermometer and also paying ₹5/- per candidate per day for sanitization of school every day and for making arrangements for masks, sanitizer, soaps, etc., to ensure cleanliness at the examination premises.
- CBSE is also writing to the students and parents to follow the COVID protocols strictly.
TO READ THE OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE, PLEASE CLICK HERE
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What announcement did CBSE make in the live webinar on Modalities for conducting Term- 2 exams 2022?
In the live webinar on Modalities for conducting Term- 2 exams 2022, CBSE announced that those who have missed either Term-1 or Term-2 exams will receive a grade based on their performance in one of them.
The aim of the live webinar was to explain the preparations for examinations and the role and responsibilities of functionaries. The webinar was also conducted to eliminate all future complications so that the board, with the help of schools and students, would be able to conduct examinations successfully.
Students can check the recorded version of the live webinar on YouTube. They just need to enter CBSE live webinar in the search bar.