Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released a notification regarding the Class 10 and 12 practical exam dates and conduct of practical exams/project/internal assessment in 2021. As per the notification, the practical examinations for CBSE Class 10 and 12 students will be held from 1 March to 11 June 2021.
The CBSE board noted in its notification that the practical examinations used to be conducted from 1 January to 7 February till the last year. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the examinations have been rescheduled to a further date i.e. from 1 March to 11 June 2021.
Table of Contents
CBSE Class 10, 12 Practical Exam 2021 – Safety Protocols
The Board further advised the students to perform their practical exams and prepare for board exams by following the COVID safety protocols and instructions issued by Central/State governments.
Some of the important guidelines issued for the conduct of Class 10 and 12 practical examinations are:
- Schools must conduct the practical exams from 1 Mar to 11 June 2021 and also complete the project/internal assessment by 11 June 2021.
- After the assessment of students is over, marks will be uploaded immediately on the Board’s website.
- Practical examination will ONLY be conducted by an external practical examiner appointed by the Board.
- As per past practice, there will be an external and an internal examiner.
- The practical/project marks have to be uploaded on the link provided by the Board immediately upon the completion of the work and on the same date
- No practical exam will be conducted after 11 June 2021
- If needed, a batch of 25 students could be divided into two sub-groups for the conduct of practical exam. In such a case, marks of both the sub-groups will be uploaded on the link provided by the CBSE.
- Laboratory must be sanitised with the solution of 1% sodium hypochlorite after the conduct of practical in each batch.
- Students must follow all COVID-19 protocols including wearing of mask, washing of hands, no touching of face with hands, and following the social distancing norms strictly.
- Dustbins shall be covered and cleaned frequently.
- Students are allowed to bring their face mask, gloves, and a small transparent bottle of sanitiser.
- In case any student is not feeling well, his/her practical could be conducted separately.
- During viva-voce, both student and the examiner should be facing the same direction.
- Students will be allowed the use of toilet one by one ONLY.
- Students have to leave the school immediately after practical are over.
- Exhaust fans should be switched on during practical exam to ensure proper ventilation.