New Delhi, 15, December, 2021: For the first time, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has decided to give free access to the candidates for their answer scripts. Until 2019, candidates who claimed that their answer sheets were not properly evaluated had to go through a two-step process to obtain the photocopies of their answer scripts, which came at an added cost. Moreover, if a candidate wanted to apply for re-evaluation, it involved a third step and payment of a fee.
Table of Contents
CBSE Term-1 Answer Sheets 2021 – Details
- By mid-January, 2022, candidates will be able to access their scanned Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) answer sheets online and find out their scores.
- Once the scanning of OMR answer sheets is completed, they will be made available to the candidates.
- Candidates will be able to access their OMR answer sheets using their credentials.
- Presently, this facility is only for Term-1 MCQ-based testing.
- Arrangements are being made for candidates who missed the Term-1 exam due to COVID. Details may be announced soon.
CBSE Term-1 Answer Sheets 2021- Reason for free access
CBSE’s decision to give free access to answer sheets is taken to make the sheet checking process more transparent and give candidates a chance to assess their performance. Also, candidates can approach the board in case of any grievances or doubts regarding the answer sheet.
Note: Many candidates could not take the Term-1 exam due to COVID-19 infection. The board is in the process of giving alternative options to them, including giving double marks in the Term-2 exam or arranging a proctored online exam. A decision on this is likely to be taken at the end of December 2021. The aim is to consider the interests of the candidates and keep them protected.