New Delhi, 22 April 2022: The Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell has postponed the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET) 2022 to August. The exam dates have been postponed to August to avoid any clash with NEET and JEE Main examinations that are scheduled to be held in June and July 2022.
MHT CET 2022 will now be conducted from 5 to 10 August for the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) group and from 11 to 18 August for the Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) group. The exam will be conducted in online mode within and across Maharashtra.
- Earlier, the Maharashtra CET exam was scheduled to be held from 11 to 16 June for the PCM group, whereas for the PCB group, the exam was slated to be conducted from 17 to 23 June 2022.
- After the National Testing Agency (NTA) revised the JEE Main 2022 dates, MHT CET aspirants demanded a postponement of dates along with other engineering aspirants due to a clash.
- A total of 6,27,790 candidates had begun the MHT CET registration process. Out of these candidates, a total of 5,49,613 applicants have successfully completed registration by paying the application fee till now.
Table of Contents
MHT CET 2022: Details
- The MHT CET exam is held for admission to Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy, and Agriculture courses at participating institutions across Maharashtra.
- The State Common Entrance Test Cell administers the test.
- MHT CET is conducted in two groups:
- PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Maths)
- PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology)
MHT CET 2022: Overview
|MHT CET PCM Group||5th to 10th August 2022|
|MHT CET PCB Group||11 to 18 August 2022|
|Online registration & confirmation of application form on website||10 February 2022 to 15 April 2022|
|Online registration & confirmation of application form on the website (with additional late fee of Rs. 500/- for all categories)||16 April 2022 to 23 April 2022|
|Payment – only through online mode||23 April 2022|
MHT CET 2022: Registration Process
- The Maharashtra CET registration process for the entrance test started on 10 February and the last date to apply was 15th April 2022.
- Applicants can still fill out the MHT CET application form with a late fee of Rs. 500 till 23rd April 2022. Also, the correction window for MHT CET will be available soon on the official website.
Note: No late fee will be charged for application confirmation and examination fees paid between February 10 to April 15, 2022.
To read the complete notice, please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the revised MHT CET 2022 exam date?
MHT CET 2022 will now be conducted from 5 to 10 August for the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) group and from 11 to 18 August for the Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) group.
Why have the MHT CET 2022 dates been revised?
The MHT CET exam dates have been postponed to August to avoid any clash with NEET and JEE Main examinations, which are scheduled to be held in June and July 2022.
When will the MHT CET 2022 application form be released?
The MHT CET application form 2022 has been released on February 10, 2022.