IIM,Indore is expected to release the provisional answer key of CAT 2020 in the first week of December. Candidates who have successfully appeared for the CAT B-School entrance test will be able to download the answer key for their respective slots. With the help of the CAT 2020 answer key, candidates can easily assess their performance and calculate a precise final score of their CAT 2020 attempt.
Students may download the answer key at the official website of CAT 2020 – iimcat.ac.in by entering the required credentials (registration/user ID and password). Along with the answer key, IIT Indore would also release an objection-filling form. Those candidates who wish to file an objection against any of the answers in the provisional answer key may do so within the specified time. Candidates must provide a valid evidence/proof for the challenged answer. If the officials find the challenge to be correct, then the candidate would retain the marks for the concerned answer. After the evaluation of all the filed objections, authority will release the “final answer key”. It is crucial to know for the candidates that no objections can be filed after the release of the final answer key.
|CAT 2020 exam date||29th November 2020|
|Release of provisional answer key||1st week of December 2020*|
|Deadline to challenge the CAT 2020 answer key||1st week of December 2020*|
|Release of final answer key||2nd week of December 2020*|
|CAT 2020 result||1st week of January 2021*|
*The dates/timelines mentioned in the table are not accurate. They are based on previous years’ trends and may change on the discretion of the authorities.
Table of Contents
CAT 2020 Answer Key – Steps to Download
Candidates can download the CAT 2020 answer key by following the steps given below –
- Visit the official website of CAT 2020.
- Click on the link mentioning “Registered candidate login” on the home page.
- Next, enter the login credentials such as CAT login ID and password.
- Opt for the CAT 2020 exam slot which you appeared in.
- Next, click on the link mentioning “Download candidate response for CAT 2020”.
- You will be instantly directed to a page displaying the CAT 2020 answer key.
What details are mentioned in the CAT 2020 answer key?
Following are the details which are mentioned in the CAT answer key –
- CAT 2020 registration number of the applicant
- Name of the Applicant
- Time of the test (slot)
- Date of the exam
- Right option
- CAT 2020 exam centre
CAT 2020 Answer Key – How to challenge the provisional answer key?
If a candidate is not satisfied with any answer in the provisional answer key, he/she can raise objection against it by filling the “Objection form”. Candidates must pay a fee of INR 1200/objection. If the objection filed by the candidate is found to be correct by the CAT 2020 officials, the objection fee will be refunded to the candidate. On the other hand, no fee refund would be granted if the answer is not overturned.
1. Visit the official website of CAT 2020.
2. Click on the link mentioning “Registered candidate login” on the home page.
3. Next, enter the login credentials such as CAT login ID and password.
4. You will be directed to a page featuring your personal details.
5. Once the provisional answer key is released, there will be a new link generated by the authority as well- “Objection Form”.
6. After clicking on the link, choose question paper, section and objection-type from the available provisional answer key.
7. You must select from the available 3 options-
- None of the options is a correct answer
- More than one option is a correct answer
- The answer key is incorrect.
8. Next, You must provide valid evidence of your filed-objection from an authentic source (book). You are allowed to add upto 500 marks in the remarks section
9. Finally, Pay the objection form fee and submit.