As the IBPS SO Prelims exam is around the corner, candidates will soon get to know about their IBPS SO exam centre through their admit cards. IBPS SO recruitment exam, being one of the most awaited examinations related to the Indian banking industry, will be conducted in different regions of the country.
According to the IBPS SO notification 2021, IBPS SO will be conducted in two phases: Prelims and Main Exam. IBPS SO exam centres are mostly in all major cities or district headquarters. However, the exam centres for both the examination stages may not be similar. The main reason for dissimilar examination venues is that the venue allotment depends on the preference of the candidates.
The candidates will have the upper hand in selecting their examination venue, which they are asked during the IBPS SO online application. Nevertheless, IBPS reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he/she has opted for.
In this article, candidates will find the IBPS SO exam centres names. The exact addresses of the venues will be mentioned in the IBPS SO admit cards.
Note: IBPS reserves the right to cancel any of the examination centres (from its exam centre list) and/or add some other centres due to administrative reasons.
IBPS SO Exam Centre – Highlights
It is essential for candidates who have registered and applied for the IBPS SO exam to know important aspects related to the exam and the exam venue.
IBPS SO Key Highlights
|Name of Examination||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) Specialist Officer (SO) (CRP SPL-X 2021-22)|
|Exam Conducting body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|IBPS SO Recruitment Official Website||http://www.ibps.in/|
|IBPS SO Total Vacancies||647|
|Mode of Exam||Online (computer-based test)|
|Credentials required to download IBPS SO Admit Card||Registration Number
Date of Birth or Password
|Compulsory documents to carry on exam day||Admit Card
Valid Photo ID Proof
Photocopy of Photo ID Proof
|Duration of IBPS SO Exam – Prelims||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Duration of IBPS SO Exam – Mains||IT Officer Scale 1, Marketing Officer (Scale 1), Agriculture Field Officer, HR/Personnel Officer – 45 minutes
Rajsabha Adhikari Scale 1 Officer and Law Officer – 60 minutes
|Number of Cities conducting IBPS SO exam||93|
|Number of States conducting IBPS SO exam||36|
IBPS SO Exam Centre – Important Dates and Events
IBPS has announced a few important events and their dates for the IBPS SO exam.
IBPS SO Exam Dates 2021
|IBPS SO notification release date||2nd November 2021|
|Starting of IBPS SO online application||3rd November 2021|
|Last date to apply online||23rd November 2021|
|IBPS SO Prelims admit card||10th December 2021|
|IBPS SO exam date – Prelims||26th December 2021|
|IBPS SO exam date – Mains||30th January 2021|
|IBPS SO Mains result date||February 2022*|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2022*|
*The exact dates are yet to be announced
IBPS SO Exam Centre – Prelims
IBPS SO prelims exam will be conducted in more than 200 cities and the mains will be held in 100+ cities. Most exam centres are present in district headquarters and major cities. To make things easier, IBPS conducts the examination across all the cities in India via online mode.
The exam centre allotted to each candidate will be printed on their respective admit cards. Please note that the candidates cannot make the changes once the preferred centres are submitted by them during the application process.
IBPS SO Exam Centres (Prelims)
|State /UT/NCR||IBPS SO Prelims Exam Centre|
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Chirala, Chittoor, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Ongole, Rajahmundry, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam, Vizianagaram|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar, Tezpur|
|Bihar||Arrah, Aurangabad, Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai Nagar, Bilaspur, Raipur|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu||Surat, Jamnagar|
|Delhi||Delhi/New Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurugram|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Himatnagar, Jamnagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Haryana||Ambala, Hissar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Yamuna Nagar|
|Himachal Pradesh||Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Shimla, Solan, Una|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu, Samba, Srinagar|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru, Belgaum, Bidar, Gulbarga, Hubli, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udupi|
|Kerala||Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrichur|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar, Satna, Ujjain|
|Maharashtra||Amravati, Aurangabad, Chandrapur, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai/ Thane/ Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Pune, Ratnagiri|
|Odisha||Balasore, Berhampur(Ganjam), Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Fategarh Sahib, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Patiala|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Vellore|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Aligarh, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Prayagraj (Allahabad), Varanasi|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Durgapur, Greater Kolkata, Hooghly, Kalyani, Siliguri|
IBPS SO Exam Centre – Mains
For IBPS SO Main Exam, the list of exam centres is provided in the table below:
|State /UT/NCR||IBPS SO Mains Exam Centre|
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu||Surat|
|Delhi||Delhi/New Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurugram|
|Himachal Pradesh||Hamirpur, Shimla|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu, Srinagar|
|Maharashtra||Aurangabad, Mumbai/ Thane/ Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Madurai, Tirunelveli|
|Uttar Pradesh||Lucknow, Meerut, Prayagraj (Allahabad)|
|West Bengal||Greater Kolkata, Siliguri|
IBPS SO Exam Centre – Important Instructions
There are a number of instructions associated with the information of IBPS SO exam centre that candidates must follow:
- The address of the exam centre will be provided in the IBPS SO Admit Card, which will be released on the official IBPS website. So, do not get misguided about the IBPS SO exam centres’ address from any other unofficial news source.
- The candidate/s must report at the IBPS SO exam centre at least an hour before the allotted exam time.
- Candidates reporting 30 minutes after the reporting time mentioned in the hall ticket, will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- While filling the IBPS SO Application Form, candidates can select the exam centre as per their convenience.
- IBPS can allot any exam centre to the candidates other than the one he/she has opted for.
- They also have the right to cancel any IBPS SO Exam Centre and/or add more exam centres depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
- Once allotted, candidates cannot request to change their exam centre.
- Candidates must avoid communicating with others as there are invigilators to assist or clear the doubts.
Documents to be Carried at the IBPS SO Exam Centre
Candidates are advised to bring the following documents to the examination hall. Without these documents, candidates won’t be allowed to enter the examination venue.
- A hard copy of Admit Card
- Photo ID proof (Original)
- Xerox copy of ID proof
- 2 passport-sized photographs
Candidates need to carry any one of the below-mentioned photo ID cards to the IBPS SO exam hall:
- Aadhaar card with a photograph
- Identity card issued by a recognized college
- Employee ID
- PAN Card
- Driving Licence
- Photo identity proof issued by a Gazetted officer
- Voter’s ID Card
- Bank passbook with photograph
What NOT to carry inside the IBPS SO exam centre?
- Mobile phones/pagers
- Geometry/pencil box
- Writing pad, pen drives, log table
- Any extra papers
- Ornaments like a ring, earrings, nose-pin, chain/necklace, pendants, badge, brooch, etc.
- Electronic pen/scanner
IBPS SO Exam Centre – Mandatory COVID-19 Guidelines (2021)
- The exam authority will ensure that the monitors, keyboards, mouse, webcams, desks, chairs, etc. are thoroughly sanitised.
- Social distancing must be maintained strictly at the exam centres. Candidates have to maintain at least 6 feet or 2-metre distance from other candidates.
- A significant gap has to be present between two seats inside the exam hall.
- Hand sanitizers would be present at the entrance door and various places inside the exam centre for both candidates and the staff.
- To avoid crowding, exam room numbers would not be displayed outside the centre.
- Candidates violating COVID-19 directives/advisories would not be allowed to sit for the exam
- Candidates would be allowed to leave the test centre one at a time to avoid the rush and maintain social distancing.
IBPS SO Exam Centre – FAQS
Can I choose my desired IBPS SO exam centre or will I be allotted one?
Candidates will have the facility to choose their preferred IBPS SO exam centre nearest to their address from the published list of exam centres. However, IBPS can allot any exam centre to the candidates other than the one he/she has opted for. They also have the right to cancel any IBPS SO Exam Centre and/or add more exam centres depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
From where can I select my preferred IBPS SO exam centre?
Candidates will be able to select the desired exam centres while filling the IBPS SO application form.
What if I want to change the IBPS SO exam centre allotted to me?
Once the examination centre is allotted to the candidate (mentioned in the IBPS SO admit card), it cannot be changed.
What do I need to bring to the IBPS SO exam centre on the day of the exam?
Candidates must bring their IBPS SO admit cards along with any one of the prescribed photo ID proofs - Aadhar card, Voter ID Card, PAN Card, Passport, etc. along with a photocopy of the same on the day of the exam.
If my exam venue is far from my place, will IBPS give me buffer time?
No. IBPS strictly follows the set rules. Candidates reporting 30 minutes (maximum) after the reporting time mentioned in the admit card will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.