New Delhi, 06, December, 2021: The Bihar government is all set to start the recruitment drive for 1.25 lakh teaching vacancies for primary and secondary government schools across the state. Recruitment will begin after the last phase (11th phase) of Bihar panchayat polls, which will be held on December 12. Around 40,000 teachers have already been appointed by the education department and the rest will be appointed through this recruitment drive.
Table of Contents
What is the Purpose for Bihar School Teachers’ Recruitment Drive?
The recruitment drive has a two-fold purpose:
- To prevent shortage of teachers in government schools in Bihar.
- To prioritize and enable the opening of one senior secondary school in each panchayat in Bihar.
Why is Bihar School Teachers’ Recruitment Drive Taking Place?
The Bihar government passed the demand for the grant during a walkout by the opposition members to protest against the Bihar government’s “silence” over the NITI Aayog report that declared the state to be one of the poorest. Also, there is an acute shortage of teachers in Bihar and each panchayat needs at least one senior secondary school. By recruiting teachers, students will be benefited through access to education.
NITI Aayog’s Report
As per the updates regarding the Niti Aayog’s report, Bihar stands at the bottom in the following sectors:
- School attendance
- Bank accounts
- Drinking water
What is NITI Aayog?
NITI Ayog is a public policy think tank of the Government of India. It was established with the aim to achieve sustainable development goals by fostering the involvement of state governments of India in the economic policy-making process.
NITI Aayog – Objectives
- To develop a shared vision of national development priorities, sectors, and strategies.
- To develop mechanisms to formulate feasible plans at the village level and look after them progressively at higher levels of government.
- To ensure that the interests of national security are incorporated in economic strategy and policy.
- To develop a knowledge, innovation, and entrepreneurial support system through a collaborative community of national & international experts, practitioners, and other partners.