Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) prescribes the AP EAMCET syllabus. The AP EAMCET syllabus is huge and is divided between Prelims and Mains exams. Recently, APSCHE changed the name of AP EAMCET exam to AP EAPCET (Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Pharmacy, Agriculture Common Entrance Test).
APSCHE has defined the syllabus of AP EAMCET separately for candidates seeking admission in two streams – Engineering (E) and Architecture & Medical (AM). As per the syllabus for engineering stream, candidates have to answer questions from three sections namely – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. On the other hand, candidates taking the exam for the agriculture & medical stream have to face questions from four different areas – Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany
Read this article to get comprehensive information on AP EAMCET syllabus, including the section-wise topics, and get insights on the exam pattern.
Table of Contents
- AP EAPCET Syllabus – Overview
- AP EAMCET Syllabus – Physics
- AP EAPCET Syllabus – Chemistry
- AP EAMCET Syllabus – Mathematics
- AP EAPCET Syllabus – Botany
- AP EAMCET Syllabus – Zoology
- AP EAPCET Syllabus – Download PDF
- AP EAMCET Exam Pattern 2022
- Most Recommended Books for Preparation of AP EAPCET 2022
- Preparation Tips for AP EAPCET 2022
- AP EAMCET Mock Test 2022
- Official Link for AP EAMCET Official Question Papers
- AP EAMCET Syllabus – FAQs
- ✔️ In which language is the AP EAMCET (AP EAPCET) conducted?
- ✔️ What are the subjects included in AP EAMCET syllabus for agriculture and pharmacy stream?
- ✔️ Can I study from NCERT textbooks for completing the AP EAMPET syllabus?
- ✔️ What subjects do I need to study for the AP EAMCET Engineering stream?
- ✔️ Will there be a deduction of marks for an incorrectly marked answer in AP EAMCET 2022?
AP EAPCET Syllabus – Overview
- APSCHE has the authority to prescribe/amend the syllabus of AP EAMCET
- AP EAMCET is conducted for admission into two streams, namely
- Engineering Stream (E)
- Agriculture and Medical Stream (AM)
- The syllabus for both the streams has topics from different subjects
- The Engineering syllabus for AP EAMCET 2022 includes questions from the following subjects (sections):
- Agriculture and Medical syllabus for AP EAMCET 2022 consists of the topics from the following areas:
- Candidates can also appear for exams of both streams (if eligible). However, such candidates have to take the test for both the streams separately
- The level of questions in AP EAMCET will be in accordance with the 10+2 syllabus
AP EAMCET Syllabus – Physics
The Physics section will remain common in both the streams (Engineering as well as Agriculture & Medical). Candidates need to answer a total of 40 questions in the Physics section. Major topics are mentioned in the table below.
AP EAMCET Physics Syllabus 2022
|Physical World||Gravitation||Wave Optics||Alternating Current|
|Units And Measurements||Mechanical Properties Of Solids||Electric Charges And Fields||Electromagnetic Waves|
|Motion In A Straight Line||Mechanical Properties Of Fluids||Electrostatic Potential And Capacitance||Dual Nature Of Radiation And Matter|
|Motion In A Plane||Thermal Properties Of Matter||Current Electricity||Atoms|
|Laws Of Motion||Thermodynamics||Moving Charges And Magnetism||Nuclei|
|Work, Energy And Power||Kinetic Theory||Magnetism And Matter||Semiconductor Electronics: Materials, Devices And Simple Circuits|
|Systems Of Particles And Rotational Motion||Waves||Electromagnetic Induction||Communication Systems|
|Oscillations||Ray Optics And Optical Instruments||–||–|
AP EAPCET Syllabus – Chemistry
Similar to the Physics section, Chemistry is also a common subject in both streams. Candidates have to answer 40 questions from the Chemistry section while taking the AP EAMCET 2022. The syllabus for the Chemistry section is as follows.
AP EAMCET Chemistry Syllabus 2022
|Atomic Structure||The S – Block Elements||Surface Chemistry||Chemistry In Everyday Life|
|Classification Of Elements and Periodicity In Properties||P– Block Elements Group 13||General Principles Of Metallurgy||Organic Compounds Containing C, H And O|
|Chemical Bonding And Molecular Structure||P-block Elements – Group 14||P-block Elements||Haloalkanes And Haloarenes|
|States Of Matter: Gases And Liquids||Environmental Chemistry||D And F Block Elements and Coordination Compounds||Aldehydes And Ketones|
|Stoichiometry||Organic Chemistry-some Basic Principles And Techniques And Hydrocarbons||Polymers||Carboxylic Acids|
|Thermodynamics||Hydrocarbons||Biomolecules||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|Chemical Equilibrium and Acids-bases||Solid State||Cyanides And Isocyanides||Diazonium Salts|
|Hydrogen and Its Compounds||Electrochemistry And Chemical Kinetics||–||–|
AP EAMCET Syllabus – Mathematics
Candidates who choose the Engineering stream will have to answer 80 questions from the Mathematics section. Candidates must prepare well for the Mathematics section as it has the least amount of topics but the most number of questions. The table below mentions all the chapters of Mathematics that the candidates must prepare for, as per the AP EAMCET syllabus 2022.
AP EAMCET Mathematics Syllabus 2022
|Coordinate Geometry||Algebra||Vector Algebra||Differential Equations|
|Calculus||Trigonometry||Measures Of Dispersion And Probability||–|
AP EAPCET Syllabus – Botany
Candidates taking AP EAMCET for Agriculture and Medical stream admission have to answer 40 questions from the Botany section. APSCHE has prescribed the following topics under the Botany syllabus.
AP EAMCET Botany Syllabus 2022
|Plants, Microbes And Human Welfare||Reproduction In Plants||Internal Organisation Of Plants||Microbiology|
|Genetics||Plant Systematics||Plant Ecology||Molecular Biology|
|Diversity In The Living World||Cell Structure And Function||Plant Physiology||Biotechnology|
|Structural Organisation In Plants– Morphology||–||–||–|
AP EAMCET Syllabus – Zoology
Along with Botany, candidates seeking admission in the Agriculture & Medical stream have to answer 40 questions from the Zoology section. AP EAMCET syllabus for Zoology comprises the following topics.
AP EAMCET Zoology Syllabus 2022
|Human Anatomy And Physiology-i||Zoology – Diversity Of Living World||Locomotion and Reproduction In Protozoa||Human Reproduction|
|Human Anatomy And Physiology-ii||Structural Organization In Animals||Biology and Human Welfare||Genetics|
|Human Anatomy And Physiology-iii||Animal Diversity-i – Invertebrate Phyla||Type Study Of Periplaneta Americana||Organic Evolution|
|Human Anatomy And Physiology-iv||Animal Diversity-ii: Phylum – Chordata||Ecology and Environment||Applied Biology|
AP EAPCET Syllabus – Download PDF
The AP EAMCET syllabus for both streams is different from each other. Candidates can check the detailed syllabus (with subtopics under the topics mentioned above) by downloading the official PDF provided in the table below.
Stream-Wise AP EAMCET Syllabus 2022 – Download Links
|Stream||Link to Download Syllabus PDF|
|AP EAMCET Syllabus for Engineering Stream||Download here|
|AP EAPCET Syllabus for Agriculture and Pharmacy Stream||Download here|
AP EAMCET Exam Pattern 2022
Candidates studying in sync with the AP EAMCET syllabus and exam pattern will be able to crack the stiff competition in AP EAMCET. The exam pattern for AP EAMCET 2022 is as follows:
- Mode of exam – Computer-Based Test
- Duration of exam – 180 minutes
- Medium – Trilingual i.e. English, Telugu and Urdu
- Type of questions – Multiple Choice Questions
- Number of sections – Differs as per the stream
- Engineering Stream – 3 sections
- Agriculture and Medical Stream – 4 sections
- Number of questions – 160 questions divided into three sections for the Engineering stream and four sections for Agriculture and Medical stream
- Maximum Marks – 160 (In both Engineering and Agriculture & Medical stream exams)
Most Recommended Books for Preparation of AP EAPCET 2022
Candidates need to first cover the section-wise topics (as stated above) with the help of NCERT textbooks for classes 11th and 12th. However, experts, as well as previous years’ toppers, recommend certain books to candidates for advanced level preparation.
List of Best Books for AP EAMCET Preparation
|Section||Name of the Books||Author/ Publisher|
|Physics||EAMCET Physics – Chapterwise 26 Year’s Solutions||Arihant Experts|
|Concepts of Physics (2 Volumes)||H.C. Verma|
|Chemistry||EAMCET Chemistry – Chapterwise 26 Year’s Solutions||Arihant Experts|
|Fundamentals of Inorganic Chemistry||Ananya Ganguly|
|Mathematics||EAMCET Mathematics – Chapterwise 26 Year’s Solutions||Arihant Experts|
|Problems Plus In IIT Mathematics||A. Das Gupta|
|EAMCET Crash Course Biology||Annapurna Experts|
|Modern Abc Of Biology Class-XII||A. Das Gupta, B.B. Arora, A.K. Sabharwal|
Preparation Tips for AP EAPCET 2022
Candidates preparing for AP EAMCET 2022 must consider the following tips to score well in the exam. These hacks are tried and tested by the top scorers of AP EAMCET in the previous years’.
- Gain detailed insights of the AP EAMCET syllabus and exam pattern to prepare an ideal study plan.
- Maintain equilibrium between study hours and break time. Don’t let monotony give you any mental stress.
- Once the AP EAMCET exam date is announced, make a daily to-do list as per the days left.
- Make notes while studying every topic for last-minute revision work.
- Practice as many previous years’ question papers as possible. This will help you in getting an idea of the important topics.
- Practice the mock test available on the official website to get a better idea of the user interface of the AP EAMCET examination.
- The mantra to succeed in every aspect of life is to keep your mind calm. Hence, candidates must follow a healthy routine to remain mentally and physically active.
AP EAMCET Mock Test 2022
APSCHE releases separate mock tests for both streams. Candidates can access the mock tests using the links in the table below.
Official Link for AP EAMCET Mock Test 2022
|Stream||Access to Mock Test|
|Engineering Stream||Practice Here|
|Agriculture and Medical Stream||Practice Here|
AP EAMCET Syllabus – FAQs
✔️ In which language is the AP EAMCET (AP EAPCET) conducted?
APSCHE conducts the AP EAMCET in three languages - English, Telugu and Urdu. In the AP EAMCET exam centre of Kurnool city specifically, candidates can access the question paper in Urdu medium as well.
✔️ What are the subjects included in AP EAMCET syllabus for agriculture and pharmacy stream?
Candidates who take AP EAMCET for Agriculture and Pharmacy stream have to answer questions from four sections - Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. All the sections will have an equal weightage i.e., 40 questions from each section.
✔️ Can I study from NCERT textbooks for completing the AP EAMPET syllabus?
Yes. Candidates will find all the topics relevant to the AP EAMCET exam in NCERT textbooks of class 11th and 12th. However, experts recommend various other books strictly based on the AP EAMCET syllabus for advanced level preparation.
✔️ What subjects do I need to study for the AP EAMCET Engineering stream?
Candidates have to study three subjects as per the AP EAMCET engineering syllabus, including Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The AP EAMCET question paper contains a maximum of 80 questions from Mathematics and 40 questions each from the Physics and Chemistry sections.
✔️ Will there be a deduction of marks for an incorrectly marked answer in AP EAMCET 2022?
No. APSCHE does not deduct marks for incorrect responses. Hence, it is advised not to leave any question unattempted as guesswork may also fetch you marks.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study to get latest news and updates on AP EAMCET Syllabus 2022