New Delhi, 16 December 2021 – The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Undergraduates (NEET UG) 2021 was conducted for students seeking admission into medical courses around the country. More than 83,120 Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and over 26,940 Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) seats were offered by over 580 government, private, central, and deemed universities in India.
For these seats, the counselling process for different states has already started. Most states are on the way to release their merit lists. Different state admission committees will conduct state counselling on the basis of the NEET-UG 2021 rank lists. Also, aspirants included in the state merit list of NEET 2021 will be required to fulfil different eligibility criteria, as laid by the different state selection committees in India, to get admission.
Note: Apart from MBBS and BDS, students can also get admission into Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy (AYUSH) and Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (BVSc & AH) courses.
Table of Contents
How to Check NEET State-Wise Merit List 2021?
As per the latest data, only Assam has released its state wise rank list for NEET 2021. Other states are sure to follow soon, which you can check by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of your respective state’s medical counselling portal.
- Click on the state’s rank list 2021 link, given under the updates section.
- Once you do that, you will be able to see the merit list on your screen and can check your rank according to your roll number.
- Download this file to check your category-wise rank or unreserved category rank.
To check the state-wise merit list 2021 for Assam, please click here.
How will the NEET State-Wise Rank List 2021 be Prepared?
The NEET 2021 state-wise rank list will be prepared on the basis of a candidate’s marks in the NEET UG exam. Aspirants who have qualified for the exam need to fulfil the eligibility criteria as laid out by their respective states and put in an application with their educational qualification, identity card(s), category certificate, and other required documents.
Here is a breakdown of the cutoff required to qualify for NEET counselling 2021:
|Category||Cutoff Marks Required|
NEET 2021 State-Wise Rank List – Major Points
- Aspirants included in state merit lists need to report for document verification with their relevant documents/certificates
- Thereafter, state authorities will publish their final state merit lists, based on which eligible aspirants will appear for state-level counselling and admission.
- Most states release separate NEET state merit lists 2021 for each round of counselling, which can be seen on their respective official websites.