New Delhi, 28 May 2021 – Maharashtra Education Minister Varsha Gaikwad has announced that the Maharashtra Board Class 10 exam results will be declared by the end of June 2021. The marks will be calculated on the basis of the internal marks scored in Class 9 and Class 10. She further added that scoring and tabulation for Maharashtra Class 10 board students will be assessed “based on school-level assessment results out of 100 marks for each subject.”
Making the important announcement for the Maharashtra Class 10 board students, the Minister tweeted – “Given the pandemic situation & following the cancellation of state board exams for Class 10, the government has permitted the board to pass ALL Class 10 students studying in schools affiliated to it, with internal assessments being done at school level.”
?Imp announcement: Given the pandemic situation & following the cancellation of state board exams for Std Xth, the government has permitted the board to pass ALL Std Xth students studying in schools affiliated to it, with internal assessments being done at school level. (1/9) pic.twitter.com/wLpfHHHeFE
— Varsha Gaikwad (@VarshaEGaikwad) May 28, 2021
Gaikwad has also announced that the Maharashtra government has decided to provide financial assistance to the students who lost their parents to COVID-19.
Until now, the Education Minister Varsha Gaikwad has held two meetings to come up with a criterion to evaluate the Class 10 students. One meeting was held with an educational research organization and the other was with principals and vice-principals of junior colleges. She said that different perceptive and valuable suggestions were made during the meetings regarding the evaluation process.
Table of Contents
Maharashtra SSC Exam Results 2021 – Marks Formulation
For the marking policy for Maharashtra Class 10 board exams, Education Minister Gaikwad explained –
“Final results will be based on subject-wise marks scored by a candidate in:
* Internal written evaluation conducted during the year (30 marks).
* Homework / oral exam / practical / internal assignments as per board’s policy (20 marks).
* final results of Class 9th (50 marks).”
She further added that undoubtedly, an ad-hoc arrangement had been made in an attempt to incorporate some semblance of ‘normal times’. The assessments for calculating Class 9 board exams for the state will have taken place entirely during pre-COVID times.
Maharashtra Board Class 10 Marks Evaluation
|Exam Category||Maximum Marks|
|Class 10 Internal assessment||30 Marks|
|Class 10 Practical exam||20 Marks|
|Class 9 Exam||50 Marks|
Maharashtra SSC Board Exams 2021 – Other Decisions Made by Education Minister Varsha Gaikwad
- Schools will be given timelines for various activities to allow the SSC board to declare results by June-end. The board will organize webinars, upload FAQs and set up helplines to give schools, teachers a detailed understanding of the assessment process.
- Any candidate who is not satisfied with the marks allotted will have the opportunity to appear in the next couple of examinations for improvement in scores to be conducted by the board after the conditions become more conducive to hold exams.
- Separate assessment plans have also been finalised for Repeater/ private students/isolated candidates. The cancelled board exam of 2021 will not be counted in the 2 chances available under the Class Improvement Scheme (CSI).
- A Result Committee headed by the school’s Principal/Headmaster & comprising six teachers will be responsible for finalization of results & safe keeping of records. She confidently said that it will be a challenging task for all but the schools and teachers will live up to the task easily and complete internal assessments with the highest degree of professionalism, consistency and care.
- She also requested all schools, students and their parents to read the guidelines carefully for better understanding.
Earlier, the Maharashtra board had cancelled the Maharashtra SSC board exams 2021 due to the spike in the COVID-19 cases across the country. The exams for Class 10 were scheduled to be held from April 28 to May 21, 2021. Meanwhile, the students from Class 1 to 8 have been promoted without any exams.
The Class 12 board exams in the state were to be held at the end of May but they have been postponed due to a surge in COVID-19 cases. On May 24, it was announced that a final decision would be taken in a week keeping in view the pandemic situation.
The Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal is expected to announce the dates of the CBSE Class 12 board exams on June 1 along with the examination format. As per speculations, exams of much shorter duration are on the cards.