October 28, 2022, New Delhi: A number of changes have been made in the JEE Advanced 2023 Exam Syllabus. The revised syllabus will be applicable from the next academic session 2023-24. The new syllabus for the 2023 exam has been introduced by the Joint Admissions Board (JAB) for all three subjects – Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. Candidates can check the new syllabus on the JEE Advanced official website: jeeadv.ac.in.
Note: The top 2.5 lakh students who crack JEE Main exam are allowed to sit for JEE Advanced exam every year.
Table of Contents
- JEE Advanced 2023 Exam Syllabus – New Additions
- JEE Advanced 2023 Exam Syllabus – Other Important Points
- JEE Advanced 2023 Exam Syllabus – Expert Opinion
- JEE Advanced 2023 Exam Syllabus – Design Entrance Exam Pattern
- JEE Advanced 2023 Exam Syllabus – FAQs
JEE Advanced 2023 Exam Syllabus – New Additions
- In the JEE Advanced 2023 syllabus, Mathematics will have Statistics. The solution of the triangle has been removed.
- For Physics, the topics of semiconductors and communications have been excluded. Few topics of JEE Main including forced and damped oscillations, polarization and EM waves have been added.
- In Chemistry, there will be Thermodynamics & Second Law of Thermodynamics, Redox Reactions, Solid-State Solutions and Gases Theory, among other topics.
JEE Advanced 2023 Exam Syllabus – Other Important Points
- Students, who have been promoted to Class 11 and have started preparing for the Indian Institute of Technology (IITs), will have to follow a larger syllabus compared to their peers.
- The new JEE Advanced syllabus has been aligned with JEE Main and Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE).
- Change in syllabus will demand a different preparation strategy from those who are willing to prepare for JEE Advanced at the first go.
- Students, who are primarily preparing only on JEE Advanced, will have to cover new topics which were not present in the earlier syllabus.
JEE Advanced 2023 Exam Syllabus – Expert Opinion
Saurabh Kumar, Director, Academics, Vidyamandir Classes told the media: “Advanced was less syllabus than main, now chapters which were part of Mains have been added in Advanced too. Increased syllabus might sound like increased stress but students who take JEE Advanced anyway prepare for JEE Mains. So change in the syllabus will not be too big of a deal for the studious students. Even though the syllabus has been increased, the exam might become easier”
JEE Advanced 2023 Exam Syllabus – Design Entrance Exam Pattern
- Those aspiring to study design and related courses from IITs will also have to prepare for the entrance exam based on a new format which will be applicable from 2024.
- For design entrance exams such as Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) and Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED), a new paper pattern and syllabus has been introduced.
- The design entrance exam will consist of two parts: Part A and Part B.
- Part A will be administered through a computer based test and will consist of three sections (NAT, MSQ and MCQ).
- Part B will have two questions: one on drawing and the other on design aptitude.
- The question in Part-B will be displayed on the computer screen and the answer has to be written/drawn in the answer book provided by the invigilator only.
- The duration for Part B would be 60 min, as per the official notice for Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED).
Note: To check the official document of JEE Advanced revised syllabus, please click here.
JEE Advanced 2023 Exam Syllabus – FAQs
1. What is different in the new IIT JEE Advanced Exam Syllabus 2023?
The Mathematics section consists of topics such as Sets, Relations & Functions, Analytical Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Vector, Algebra and Matrices, amongst others. The Physics section includes topics under the broad categories of General Physics which include Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Mechanics, Modern Physics and Thermal Physics, amongst others. The Chemistry section has States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Chemical Thermodynamics, Chemical and Ionic Equilibrium etc.
2. Has there been any reduction in JEE Advanced 2023 Syllabus?
No, there has been no reduction in JEE Advanced 2023 Syllabus. A few additional topics have been added to the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics syllabus for JEE Advanced 2023. Candidates can check the new topics by visiting the official website of JEE Advanced: jeeadv.ac.in
3. Which section of the Physics syllabus has the maximum number of questions in JEE Advanced?
As per JEE Advanced 2022, the maximum number of questions in Physics are asked from Electrostatics and Geometrical Optics.