New Delhi, 31 December, 2021: Candidates who were supposed to appear for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced in the year 2020 or 2021 but were absent for the examination due to the COVID-19 pandemic will be given an extra attempt in 2022. To be eligible for the attempt, aspirants need to register at JEE Advanced online registration portal, which will be soon available on the official website.
JEE Advanced 2022: Details
- For the 2020 batch, candidates who took JEE Advanced once (or not even once) in any of the attempts (2020/2021) will be eligible.
- Candidates who took the exam both in 2020 and 2021 will not be able to take the entrance exam in 2022.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear in JEE Advanced for more than two times.
- Candidates who had successfully registered for JEE Advanced 2021 but were absent in both the papers – i.e., Paper 1 and Paper 2 – of JEE (Advanced) 2021, are eligible to directly appear for JEE Advanced 2022.
- Candidates who have appeared in Class 12 in 2020 should have appeared only once for JEE Advanced, either in 2020 or 2021. Or, should not have appeared at all in any paper in both 2020 and 2021.
- Candidates should appear, or should have appeared, in JEE Main 2022 and meet the cut-off score of the top 2,50,000 successful candidates.
- Candidates must successfully register through the online registration portal and pay the registration fee which will be soon available on the official website.
What is the JEE Advanced 2022 Eligibility Criteria?
- For JEE Advanced 2022, candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1997. However, SC, ST and PwD candidates will get a relaxation of 5 years (they should be born on or after 1 October, 1992).
- Candidates should have completed their Class 12 in 2021 or 2022 for the first time. However, if the result is declared for the academic year 2019-20 after June 2020, then the candidates who appeared for their 12th standard qualifying exam in 2020 will also be termed eligible for JEE Advanced 2022, if they also meet other eligibility criteria.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 75% aggregate in Class 12 (or equivalent) examination. For the SC/ST/PwD category, the aggregate marks is minimum 65%.
- Candidates should be within the top 20 category percentile of the qualifying examination.
- Candidates should take into account scores of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Language, and any one other subject.
To read the official notice, please click here.